Diablo 2 Patch 1.11 Now Live
8:08 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Diablo II has been updated to version 1.11 and along with the usual fixes and changes. Blizzard has added new content surrounded by a certain amount of mystery. For players who are brave and strong enough to venture through Diablo II in Hell Difficulty Realm games, there may be a new challenge lurking somewhere in the shadowy recesses of Sanctuary. According to the battle.net site, the Lords of Terror, Hatred, and Destruction have returned to the bowels of the world, harboring dark thoughts of vengeance toward the heroes who thwarted their plans.
As a clue to finding this new content Blizzard had only this to offer:
A new Mystery has been revealed!Other fixes and changes to the game include enhanced hirelings, new items, new rune words, and a host of bug fixes. Here's the full list:
Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again, that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil to the Throne of Destruction...
Changes in the 1.11 patchThe patch is now available for download when players connect to battle.net. A manual update patch is not yet available for Mac users but should be up soon. For more on the new patch survey the links below. Also, check out the new wallpaper released to celebrate the additional content.
* Added 10 New Runewords.
* Added new Unique Items that will drop from Special Bosses.
* Players can purchase hirelings that are within 1-5 levels below their own level.
* The rate at which hirelings gain experience has been increased. They should now stay closer to the player's level.
* Creating a town portal when corpses or other objects entirely fill the area where the portal will appear in town will no longer crash the game.
* Skills obtained from runewords created while the item is equipped will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net when chosen.
* Barbarians will no longer become stuck when using Whirlwind right after Inferno from the unique item Balrog Blade Flamebellow.
* German, Spanish, and Polish users will no longer crash when the mouse cursor moves over an item that grants an Aura while equipped.
* The game will no longer crash when selecting a skill granted by a weapon at the same time as switching weapons with the W key.
* Dying or being requested to trade while changing the key configuration will no longer cause you to get stuck.
* The "Missile Firing too far" assertion error has been corrected.
* Attempting to sell a Horadric Cube or a quest item to an NPC by holding Control while clicking will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net.
* Running the game with -install no longer causes the game to be installed as a Windows Service. -install is now ignored.
* Sometimes the seals in Diablo's lair would not activate. This has been corrected.
* Character expiration messages have been updated to reflect the expiration policy implemented in patch 1.10.
* Unidentified items sometimes caused other set items to display green for items the player does not have. This has been corrected.
* The German mouseover text for the Ist rune has been corrected.
* Account recovery is now allowed for existing accounts whose name is only one or two characters.
* When leaving a game on Battle.net, you will now be brought back to the channel in which you were previously.
* Transmuting an ethereal item now retains the ethereal stats bonuses.
* In Japanese Lord of Destruction, items that add to all Assassin skills incorrectly stated in their mouseover text that they added to all Druid skills. This has been corrected.
Fixed Game Exploits
* It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.
* A player must now have sufficient room in their inventory to receive the Scroll of Resistance. This prevents receiving multiple copies of it.
* Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven die nearby.
* Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Set equipped could sometimes become invincible to attack. This has been corrected.
* Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit other players for damage.
* Set items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even though they were removed. This has been corrected.
* Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
* Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters with more than one dash or underscore in their name.
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
D2 1.11 Patch Info
New D2 Wallpaper
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.