New World War II Online Game Announced
7:23 AM | Anthony Wang | Comment on this story
Cornered Rat Software and GMX Media have announced that the next installment for World War II Online named Battleground Europe will be available soon for the Macintosh platform. Battleground Europe features the armies and weaponary of the battlefield of Western Europe between 1939 to 1942. Released back in 2001, World War II Online is a massivly multiplayer game with the worlds largest virtual battlefield based on a 1/2 scale map of Europe, continuous updates, historically accurate weapons, airpcraft, warships, vehicles and weaponary among others. Despite receiving poor reviews in the beginning, WWII: Online has steadily improved with a constant stream of updates. Now with Battleground Europe, Cornered Rat Software hopes to put a fresh face on WWII: Online.
BATTLEGROUND EUROPE is the ultimate PvP MMOG in a combined arms simulations set in a relentless, action-packed 3D environment. Players command and crew a variety of accurately modeled vehicles, naval vessels and aircraft or sling weapons and fight as a foot soldier with and against thousands of other players. Coming soon for both PC CD-ROM and Apple MAC.
Following where WWII: Online left off, Battleground Europe will have improved graphics, new features, new weaponary and many more additions. Below is a full list of features.
Game FeaturesBelow are the system requirments for the Macintosh version of Battleground Europe:
• Thousands of players sharing a single world- First person perspective in all game play
• Huge game world measuring more than 350,000 square miles
• Character advancement and career paths for rich RPG layer
• Strategic systems driven by player missions and command
• Growing list of 90+ historically accurate weapons including aircraft, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, trucks, rifles, machine guns and more!
• Groundbreaking physics and damage modeling- Localized in English, French, German, Spanish & Italian
• Mac OS X 10.4 or laterThe folks at Cornerd Rat Software will also be having an IRC chat tonight, Thursday, July 28, 2005. The chat will last one hour.
• 1.2Ghz G4 or better (2.0Ghz recommended)
• 512MB Memory (1GB Memory recommened)
• 128MB Video Memory (256MB Video Memory recommened)
• Internet Connection (Broadband recommened)
IRC Connection InformationYou can now pre-order Battlefield Europe for $29.95 from their website. Battleground Europe will be released on August 26, 2005. Besides the game, Battleground Europe will include goodies such as an exclusive wall map of the Blitzreig Theatre, revised manual with over 150 pages of game documentation, artwork, music, and much more.
For more information, follow the links below.
Games Industry: Battleground Europe
Cornered Rat Software
World War II Online
World War II Online: Battleground Europe
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.