World of Warcraft Hits v1.6
9:30 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Blizzard's popular MMORPG World of Warcraft has received yet another large update, bringing it to version 1.6. The version bump contains a large number of tweaks and additions, including class-specific adjustments, user interface changes, and the new areas Darkfaire and Blackwing Lair.
Also included are some Mac-specific tweaks:
The full list of patch changes can be found at the official WoW site. The update itself can be downloaded automatically by logging into WoW.
WoW - 1.6 Patch Notes
- Some optimizations for terrain loading and rendering were added for the Macintosh build.
- Enabled multisample support in the video options.
- Fixed an issue where inspecting crafted items on other users could potentially show attributes that those items did not have.
- Updated the Mac sound code to use memory more efficiently.
- Fixed a Mac issue which caused some sounds to become slightly quieter after taking a gryphon ride.
World of Warcraft
Buy World of Warcraft
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, July 11, 2005
Friday, July 8, 2005
Thursday, July 7, 2005
Wednesday, July 6, 2005
Tuesday, July 5, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.