Apple Unleashes Tiger 10.4.1
8:37 AM | Conrad Quilty-Harper | Comment on this story
Apple has unleashed its first point update for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, bringing the version number to 10.4.1. The update, which weighs in at 34MB, delivers "overall improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.4" and includes several specific changes to widget applications and networking, among other things. Of interest to gamers is the updated "core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers".
Here's a list of changes and bug fixes list in 10.4.1:
• file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file servicesTo download the update, open up Software Update in the Apple Menu or follow the link below. If you'd like to share your experience of the 10.4.1 update with other Mac gamers, follow the link below to the IMG forum discussion thread.
Apple - Mac OS X 10.4.1
• using DHCP in wireless networks
• user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
• core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
• synchronization with .Mac
• Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
• Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
• creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility
• compatibility with third party applications and devices
Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update Released!
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 13, 2005
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Monday, May 9, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.