Next Unreal Tournament Game Named
8:53 AM | Franklin Pride | Comment on this story
BeyondUnreal.com has revealed that Epic Games has titled its new Unreal Tournament game, Unreal Tournament 2007.. Epic had previously code-named the game "Envy". The new game, not due until next year, has many differences from the Unreal Tournaments of the past.
• The double-jump is back.To view the post or view the detailed new "Unreal Tournament 2007 Preview Page," visit the links section.
Unreal Tournament 2007 Post
• The game will focus on AI, specifically voice-controlled AI.
• As with many UT2004 levels, the layout of maps in the next UT is being finalized before artwork is incorporated.
• The game will feature a global ratings system that will allow clans to compare scores.
• Gametypes include Onslaught, DM, TDM, CTF, and the all-new Conquest mode. It appears that Assault, Bombing Run and Domination have been dropped.
• Classic map Deck 17 returns in UT2007! -- "The level we brought in first is called Deck 17 [...] because we knew if we made changes and tweaked the movement, everyone would be able to see the difference and the improvement because they knew what the level felt like before." - Jim Brown
• "We're not trying to make a prettier UT2K4. We're really trying to make a very new game." - Steve Polge
• Epic aims to correct the steep learning curve seen in UT2003/4, making the game enjoyable for newbies and veteran players alike, hence the ability to use your stats to find similarly-skilled opponents.
Unreal Tournament 2007 Preview
Buy Unreal Tournament 2004
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 5, 2005
Wednesday, May 4, 2005
Tuesday, May 3, 2005
Monday, May 2, 2005
Friday, April 29, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.