MacMAME Update Released
9:52 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
The arcade emulator MacMAME has received a recent update, courtesy of Brad Oliver. Now sitting at version 0.96u1, this latest iteration contains a number of fixes and enhancements.
The changelist for this version is as follows:
Downloads for MacMAME are available both at the official MacMAME site as well as at MacGameFiles.
MGF - MacMAME 0.96
- Updated to match Win32 MAME 0.96u1.
- Localized the contextual menu in the front-end.
- Added option to generate a MAME Game XML file containing exhaustive details about each driver.
- Backed out change in 0.96 that caused long startup times when you had fully-merged ROM sets.
- Fixed use of aliases for MacMAME folders. They should work consistently now, and you can now also alias the "MacMAME" folder that lives in your Documents folder.
- Fixed crash when selecting "Save Replay" in the front-end.
- Fixed register trashing when using Altivec blitters. They are now re-enabled on G4 and G5 Macs.
- Gain Ground works again.
- Dragon Spirit works again.
- Several fixes for the MAME core that mainly affect the Mac
MacMAME - Downloads
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 4, 2005
Tuesday, May 3, 2005
Monday, May 2, 2005
Friday, April 29, 2005
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.