OS X Skyfighters, X-Plane 8 Updates
8:26 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Updates to two flight sims have recently been made available. The first is for OSX SkyFighters 1945, a preview version of a WWII combat sim featuring online play and a mission builder. Currently at version .70, the update adds a new plane as well as some bug fixes:
Also updated is X-Plane, which recently hit version 8.11 RC-3. This update contains numerous control fixes and tweaks, including the following:
- Added F4U Corsair
- Added the ability to make the main aircraft pause when stopped on ground (delay in a path)
- Added a path guided main aircraft can switch to wingman, allows a graceful taxi out and take off
- Added a "group random" feature so you have have a group of randomly positioned bombers, for example, start randomly, but together as a group
- Added "Down Observation Aircraft" mission
- RC-3 allows Goodway flight plans, French and German language support, and gives audible thunder..
this stuff was not quite right in RC-2.
- New "cyclic with speed" option to the Chinooks right..
or any other helo that wants automatic cyclic control with speed.
- New "lock tailwheel with stick" option in the special controls screen in Plane-Maker...
pull the stick full aft to lock the tailwheel, as in the old WW-2 birds.
Both updates are available for download at MacGameFiles.
MGF - OSX SkyFighters 1945
MGF - X-Plane 8.11
OSX SkyFighters 1945
Laminar Research (add to watch list)
GraphSim (add to watch list)
X-Plane 8 (add to watch list)
Buy X-Plane 8
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Monday, April 11, 2005
Friday, April 8, 2005
Thursday, April 7, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.