In-Depth Stubbs Preview Including Q&A
9:55 AM | Conrad Quilty-Harper | Comment on this story
Internet gaming portal 1up.com has posted a monster preview of the upcoming zombie action game, Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse. The 4 page preview discusses multiple areas of the game with Wideload founder Alex Seropian and includes a new video release which demonstrates how vehicles will "work" in the new game.
Wideload fansite WORG summarized the main points of the preview into six bullet points:
• Building comedy into the games is one of the key goals behind Stubbs the Zombie and presents much of the challenge they face in the game.Stubbs is due for simultaneous release on Xbox, PC and Mac platforms later this year. To read the full preview or check out WideloadGames.org's archives of Stubbs information, follow the respective links below.
• Stubbs will likely have an ESRB rating of "Mature".
• Although it is in the action genera, because of the heavy emphasis on using zombie followers to help you, Stubbs takes on a bit of a strategy game approach as well.
• Because "creative" doesn't always sell, Seropian is banking on combining familiar gaming elements with concepts that are new and interesting.
• Zombies and humans are driven by the Halo AI, lauded for it's clever implementation of character control.
• The aiming system is the same as one used in Halo, but only available when possessing the living.
Stubbs the Zombie
1up: Stubbs the Zombie
Buy Stubbs the Zombie
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Monday, March 28, 2005
Friday, March 25, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.