StarCraft v1.12 Released
8:14 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Blizzard has recently released an update to its venerable RTS StarCraft. Set at version 1.12, the update focuses mainly on multiplayer enhancements designed to make competitive play more enjoyable.
Some of the listed enhancements are as follows:
* Changed the default race type in single custom games to Random.Some maps have received updates as well, including Lost Temple, Dire Straits and Rivarly. In addition, all maps have been resigned.
* It now remembers your last map and folder setting when you create single or multi player games.
* Brood War will now show 'maps\BroodWar' folder as your default map folder.
* When a building is selected and if a ground rally point is set the rally point will briefly animate.
* Added minimap ping (Alt-left-click on minimap to show graphic location.)
* Added alliance colors on units - Shift-Tab changes your color to green, your allies to yellow and your enemies to red.
* Added right-click feature that will set your building rally point.
* Added shift-# to add a unit to a control group.
* The mouse cursor stays on the game's monitor in multi-monitor environments.
In other Blizzard news, a fair number of job openings have been posted at their site, including positions for Oracle DB admins, various programmer jobs, and artist jobs. Those seeking to get into the industry may want to check these to see if any fit.
Blizzard - Changes in StarCraft version 1.12
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Monday, February 14, 2005
Friday, February 11, 2005
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Wednesday, February 9, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.