Shadowbane to Offer Player Migration
8:14 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
The official Shadowbane news page has information on a new game server, dubbed "Refuge," that should become available next week. In addition to the standard benefits of a fresh world, players will now have the option of taking their characters with them in this one-way server migration.
Here are some specifics from the Shadowbane site:
Head over to the announcement for more information on how this transition will take place.
Migration Plan: A New World and the Long-Term Vision
- Migration is available to players on the Corruption, Damnation, Entropy, and Vengeance servers.
- Players who opt to migrate can transfer existing characters to either Mourning or Refuge.
- Thanks to improvements of the Migration code, users can now transfer servers without bringing their home servers down permanently: Corruption, Damnation, Entropy, and Vengeance arenít going anywhere, at least not yet.†
- Users from Corruption, Damnation, Entropy, and Vengeance will be allowed to bring both their equipped items and inventories with them. This only applies to a characterís personal inventory, however. Banks cannot be transferred.
- Corruption, Damnation, Entropy, and Vengeance will be down during the timeframes that migration is allowed to occur. A schedule of these times will be available later this week.†
Shadowbane: The Rise of Chaos
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 11, 2005
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Wednesday, February 9, 2005
Tuesday, February 8, 2005
Monday, February 7, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.