PakRat Version 0.8
8:59 AM | Toby Allen | Comment on this story
Tom Naughton has released another version of his popular Quake 3 model viewer PakRat. This skin-making tool has made huge progress since its last version; it now allows you to edit 'shader' scripts and directly re-compile them. Another addition is the direct exporting of skin images and also skin meshes. Furthermore, it now supports all of the latest changes made to Elite Force, and you can view models and maps from Raven's game. Here is a list of additions:
New features:Elite Force support is often quite handy for Duane Johnson, as he continues to port that title to Mac OS. PakRat will continue to include support for most Quake 3 based games; Naughton is also thinking of adding support for Unreal Tournament maps and models, which might allow some editing of that game. Remember this utility is in 'alpha' status and may be very unstable -- use at your own risk.
- Compile button for .skin, .shader, and animation.cfg files.
- Supports more shader commands.
- Command drag textures off of models.
- Command option drag texture coordinate maps off of models.
- Command double click on a shader to open the shader editor.
- Command click on window title to get a directory popup.
- Weapon switching (use the number keys).
- Animations menu.
- Improved map rendering.
- Support for Voyager Elite Force.
- mdr models.
- mp3 player.
PakRat 0.8a (700k)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, October 2, 2000
Friday, September 29, 2000
Thursday, September 28, 2000
Wednesday, September 27, 2000
Tuesday, September 26, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.