StarCraft Patch on the Way
9:05 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Diehard fans of StarCraft should be pleased to hear that a new patch is currently on the way. Focusing mainly on multiplayer aspects, the patch includes multiple enhancements to the Battle.net interface that should make for enhanced online gaming.
Some of the upcoming features are as follows:
A release date for the patch has yet to be announced, though Blizzard notes that it should be available in the next few weeks.
- The multiplayer chat screen will now show a preview of the map you will play on.
- The creator of a private Battle.net game can now make the game public under the creator’s name in the multiplayer chat screen.
- A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
- Friend mail will be added to the game to let you email members of your Friends List.
- A password-recovery and email-registration function will be added to allow you to recover your password via email.
- A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
- It will now be easier to set building rally points.
- We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps – Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry – in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Monday, January 17, 2005
Friday, January 14, 2005
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.