PCSX: Playstation Emulator Released
8:28 AM | Marcus Albers | Comment on this story
Gill Pedersen has made good on his promise to deliver the popular Playstation emulator, PCSX, to OS X. While the emulator is at version "test 3," and still has some bugs, it is by far the best Playstation emulator available. Early reviews have it surpassing even the venerable, but out-of-date, Connectix Virtual Gamestation.
Here's a look at the features that PCSX has to offer:
- Excellent compatibility (check the list)Head over to Gill's site to download the emulator, and to check out screenshots of games running on PCSX. Stay tuned to IMG for further information on this exciting emulation project.
Mac PCSX Playstation Emulator
- Simple Native Mac OS X Interface
- Dynamic Recompiling CPU core
- Software Rendered Graphics using P.E.Op.S GPU plugin
- Full Sound support using P.E.Op.S SPU plugin
- HID Controller Input support for up to 2 players
- Support for Memory Card saves and usage of CVGS savegames
- Freeze / defrost support
- Partial support for operation without a PSX BIOS image
- Native CD-ROM support
- Open-Source, licensed under the GPL license
Macgamefiles: PCSX test 3
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, January 5, 2005
Tuesday, January 4, 2005
Monday, January 3, 2005
Friday, December 24, 2004
Thursday, December 23, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.