Aspyr Releases BF1942 Public Beta Patch
7:13 AM | Conrad Quilty-Harper | Comment on this story
Aspyr has released the first patch for Battlefield 1942: Deluxe Edition, fixing support for certain joysticks and improving networking performance. Though at the moment it's only in public beta form, an official patch will be released in the coming week.
Here's what's changed, according to the patch's ReadMe:
- Added joystick support for Saitek Cyborg 3D and EVO.Get the 4.2MB update over at our sister site, Macgamefiles.com, though if you're wary of beta software, you might wait until the officially supported patch is available.
- Added automatic on-the-fly joystick calibration. When you're in the main menu, before you try to assign joystick controls to any of the actions, you should move all axis controls on the joystick through their full range. This should only have to be done once for a particular joystick.
- Made some improvements to networking bottlenecks.
- Potentially fixed issues where PunkBuster was not able to update itself.
- Fixed unresponsiveness when trying to display the server list when you do not have an internet connnection.
- Fixed problem with Mac servers showing up as a gray square instead of an icon in the server browser.
- Computers that fail the minimum CPU speed requirement are now allowed to play the game.
Battlefield 1942: Deluxe Edition
BF1942 Mac Public Beta
Buy Battlefield 1942: Deluxe Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, September 9, 2004
Wednesday, September 8, 2004
Tuesday, September 7, 2004
Friday, September 3, 2004
Thursday, September 2, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.