|Monday, November 17, 2014|
Mac Gamer HQ Reviews GRID 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac Gamer HQ has posted a new review of Feral Interactive's GRID 2. Developed and published by Codemasters for PC and consoles, GRID 2 is the successor to GRID, previously released on the Mac by Feral.
There are technically better games out there, but the appeal of Grid is still the same: it’s accessibility. You don’t need to be a racing nut to appreciate the game, or even know anything about cars for that matter. The controls are simple, and it’s easy for anyone to learn how to play. Grid 2 has carried over, and improved one of the key features which made Grid such a hit: the perfect balance between simulation and arcade. This makes the cars a joy to drive. Grid 2 is a perfect blend of Mario Kart and F1 2013. Factor in the fact that the keyboard controls are so well calibrated and you won’t even need a controller to excel at this game. The sublime handling allow any player to easily, and quickly acquaint themselves with the game.Read the full review at the link below.
Mac Gamer HQ: GRID 2 Review
GRID 2 Reloaded Edition
Buy GRID 2
Buy GRID 2 Reloaded Edition
Warlords Of Draenor Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Blizzard Entertainment has officially announced the release of the next expansion for its popular fantasy MMO World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor, the fifth expansion for the game, sends players to Draenor "at a pivotal moment in history to fight against and alongside legends from Warcraft’s brutal past."
Warlords of Draenor features player constructed strongholds, revamped character models and animations, a new level cap of 100, and a variety of new zones, dungeons, raids, scenarios, and battlegrounds. The expansion also enables any player to boost one character to level 90 so they can enjoy the new content as soon as possible.
“With the 20th anniversary of Warcraft and the 10th anniversary of World of Warcraft taking place this month, now is the perfect time to re-explore the series’ roots—and to reinvent one of its greatest conflicts for a whole new generation of players,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Warlords of Draenor contains some of the most epic and thrilling content we’ve ever created, and the included level 90 character boost makes it easier than ever for anyone to jump right into the action.”Head over to the page below for all the latest information about the game.
World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor
Warlords of Draenor sends Azeroth’s heroes beyond the Dark Portal on a desperate mission to save their world from the vicious Iron Horde—a formidable army of the most infamous orc clans from Warcraft’s battle-scarred history. As players explore the savage alien world of Draenor, they’ll encounter fierce new foes, befriend unlikely new allies, oversee the construction of a mighty base to withstand the orc onslaught, and forge their own legend from the raw materials of the past.
Warlords of Draenor adds new features and a world’s worth of exciting new content for World of Warcraft players:
Warlords of Draenor is available now in a digital and physical Standard Edition (SRP: £34.99) as well as a Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP £49.99), which contains the following in-game bonuses for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games:
- Explore a Savage World: Explore the hostile world of Draenor, home of the orc and draenei races, as it once existed, and adventure in all-new zones alongside characters central to Warcraft history.
- Build Your Garrison: Establish and expand your own customizable stronghold on Draenor, and gather NPC followers to collect resources and embark on missions under your command.
- Jump to Level 90: Boost one character of your choosing to be instantly ready to explore the wilds of Draenor, making it easier than ever to enjoy the latest content with your friends .*
- Adventure to Level 100: Reach new heights of power and unlock bonuses to further enhance your abilities on your way to the new level cap of 100.
- …And More: Take on an array of Dungeons, Raids, and Challenge Modes; seek out otherworldly pets and mounts to add to your collection; engage in exciting world PvP in Ashran—no matter what kind of content you enjoy, new challenges and rewards await.
Warlords of Draenor is also available in a retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (SRP: £64.99), which comes equipped with the digital bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition as well as a full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set, a CD soundtrack, and a Warlords of Draenor mouse pad. Players should check their local retailer for details and availability.
- World of Warcraft—Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet: Swoop down from the dark of night on the black-winged Dread Raven, a mortal progeny of Anzu, and devour your prey in your next Pet Battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
- StarCraft® II—Warchief Portraits: Summon the strength of two of the most fearsome Iron Horde warchiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you clash in the Koprulu sector in StarCraft II.
- Diablo® III—Warsong Pennant: Brandish this battle-torn pennant on your back, and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary in Diablo III.
- Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™—Blackrock Card Back: Outfit your champion’s deck with a custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.
All versions of the expansion come with one Level 90 Character Boost, making it easier than ever for new and returning players to experience Warlords of Draenor’s content alongside their friends and family. For more information, visit www.warlords.com.
Warlords of Draenor is available now in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil, and will be available November 18 in South Korea, mainland China, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Warlords of Draenor has received a 12 rating from the PEGI. In addition to the English version, the expansion is available fully localized into Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Russian, Korean, traditional Chinese, and simplified Chinese.
Combat Mission: Red Thunder V1.01 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Battlefront.com has announced the release of a new patch for Combat Mission: Red Thunder. Version 1.01 includes a number of improvements and fixes, including more stable internet play. The standalone game returns to the Eastern Front for Operation Bagration in 1944. Red Thunder's game engine features include backpack and vehicle flamethrowers, tank riders, and hit decals.
What's new in the patch:
- Building entry no longer problematic for some systems
- Infantry flamethrowers have slightly longer range
- Troops spot immediately nearby mines better (esp. engineers)
- Ricocheting APHE will not explode where it finally lands (the fuse is considered damaged)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused buttoned-up tank crew to be suppressed by external explosions
- Squads position their teams better along walls, fences and hedges
- Artillery usually requires another spotting round or two before acquiring the target
- Corrected some TacAI problems with crewmen positioning themselves around a heavy weapon
- Improved TacAI logic for placing teams along walls
- Improved coordination between tank hull and turret rotation
- Better logic selecting the two men for scout teams
- Improved long-range optics for JPz IV, Jagdpanther
- Very heavily-laden soldiers cannot use Fast or sometimes even Quick moves
- Mouse text for targeting: too close or out of range
- Towed guns look better as vehicle turns
- Improved damage modeling for external systems on tanks
- Improved QuickBattle choices
- Improved TCP/IP play
Check out the page below for more information.
Combat Mission: Red Thunder Update
Combat Mission: Red Thunder
The Day Stays The Same In Randal's Monday
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Randal's Monday is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The adventure game puts players in the role of Randal, a horrible best friend who is cursed to relive the same Monday until he can undo the mistake which led to his friend's suicide.
Randal wakes up after the engagement party of his best friend Matt; he's ridden by a raging hangover and also has Matt's wallet in his possession. Inside the wallet is his engagement ring and without thinking of the consequences, Randal sells the ring - and thus gets struck by a terrible curse. Matt commits suicide and now Randal is forced to relive the same ill-fated Monday over and over, trying to undo his mistake.Randal's Monday is available now for $22.49 (USD), a 10% discount.
Randal's Monday Trailer
Randal needs to retrieve the ring and sort his own life out, before things get any worse... Collapsing the whole space-time continuum-kinda-worse, in fact.
Attention geeks! Randal's Monday offers black humor of the finest sort, all kinds of pop culture references and all that packed tightly into classic Point & Click adventure gameplay. It's a tribute to a whole generation of gamers, readers and watchers of retro and contemporary sub-culture formats.
- Playtime: depends totally on the time you've spent in front of your TV as a kid
- About a bazillion references to the geek culture
- No Zombies! (Let's be honest, they are kind of a feature nowadays...) Then again, in fact... We got some of those, so: ZOMBIES!
- A ton of unexpected twists... And even more twists you'll see coming from a mile away
- A hilarious script, written by the best friend of the neighbor of the guy who's Terry Pratchett's barber
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 4 GB RAM
Buy Randal's Monday
Royal Envoy 3 Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Playix's Royal Envoy 3 is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The fantasy titles challenges players to explore the unknown South Ocean in 114 challenging levels spanning 15 unique islands.
South Ocean. HMS "Islandshire" is exploring the white spots on the map. All of a sudden they see new lands! Previously unknown islands contain immense supplies of fish, pearls, troves of ancient pirate treasure and vast deposits of gold. They are also full of mysteries and riddles. Who will crack the intriguing puzzles of the past? Who will lead the expedition to claim and develop these new lands? Will the new lands be part of the Kingdom? Embark on an exciting journey to answer all of these questions.Royal Envoy 3 is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Royal Envoy 3
- Enjoy 114 challenging levels on 15 islands
- Complete unique quests
- Unlock dozens of achievements
- Expert and relaxed modes - the choice is yours!
- Incredible new adventures of the royal envoy and his loyal assistant, Cedric
Buy Royal Envoy 3
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Monday, November 10, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Monday, November 3, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.