Jagged Alliance: Flashback Officially Live
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
bitComposer and Full Control's Jagged Aliance: Flashback is now "officially live" and is available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Flashback is a reboot of the classic Jagged Alliance turn-based tactical action series. Like its predecessors, the game will put players in control of a squad of mercenaries and give them the chance to manage their activities both on and off the field of battle.
We are proud to announce that we have finally left the confines of development. Most of you have been actively supporting our project - some even from day one. We really appreciate all of the feedback, suggestions and bug reports we received, as it ultimately made Jagged Alliance: Flashback what is today. Jagged Alliance: Flashback is available now for $23.99 (USD), 20% off the regular price.
Jagged Alliance: Flashback Trailer
From Kickstarter to Early Access and finally to launch – we want to thank the supporters, the fans, the veterans and most of all the backers who made this possible!
About Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance is back – and it is all about the unique mix of turn based tactics, fierce battles, squad management and crazy mercenary personalities.
It is 1988 on the caribbean island group of San Hermanos. Powerless against the military forces of “The Prince”, The leader is arrested and the insurgents quickly dissolve. Arriving on the island, the player’s mission is to help the rebellion before things take a turn for the worse.
Take control of your own band of mercenaries, lead them into battle and manage your resources wisely. Fight back for freedom, sector by sector, turn by turn. Like the original Jagged Alliance series, Jagged Alliance Flashback gives you the choice to use your preferred tactics and build your squad around it – rush in with heavy armed troops or take the high road of distance shots and sniping.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 2 GB VRAM
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Jagged Alliance: Flashback
Buy Jagged Alliance: Flashback
Door Kickers Leaves Early Access Behind
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
KillHouse Games' Door Kickers has left Early Access and is available to purchase at Mac Game Store. Featuring a top down perspective Door Kickers puts the players in charge of planning routes, choosing equipment, coordinating movements, and executing the plan to save the hostages.
Door Kickers moves on from Early Access. Door Kickers is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Door Kickers Trailer
For those that actually play each version, what’s new? The Campaign is IN. You have 3 campaigns now, with more to come! We’ve also changed the way Single Missions count now - troopers deaths are no longer saved in those. Think of Single Missions as your proving ground, where you try to beat your own performance, and campaigns as your real job - do the objectives and keep the troopers alive. Can you handle that? Maybe also in Iron Man Mode?
Another new and long in-coming feature are multi-layer maps. You can go up and down, exploring some new and old locations in a new way.
There’s also a new scenario type - Dope Raid - which tasks you not only with securing the suspects, but also capturing evidence before it gets trashed. And it will get trashed, unless you move swift and to the point.
And no, you cannot shoot everyone.
One last thing… this version will reset all your stats and mission completion. So why are you still reading this, get back to 3-staring everything!
What else is New or Changed since last version of Door Kickers:
- Random killhouse generator + over 90 new random house layouts.
- Over 50 new maps (in campaign, single and random combined).
- New door types: grating doors / padlocked doors.
- New item: Bolt Cutter. Useful for cutting down padlocks.
- New item: Breaching Kit
- Silenced handguns. You asked for them, you got them.
- Can copy/paste/default equipment for each class.
- Improved loading time.
- Enemies start with their weapons lowered, until alerted.
- New music.
- Loading screens with tips&tricks. Can be disabled in options menu.
- Improved path-editing when multiple paths are over-imposed: press SHIFT for locking on a single path.
- Added stretch-to-fit video option (for monitors that are not 16:9).
- Separate volume option for for ambient sounds.
- Improved weapon/trooper stats to better account for their performances.
- Added "reset progress" option.
- Countless other small changes, tweaks and overall improvements.
About Door Kickers
- Fixed items showing up randomly on random maps. Really.
- Fixed uppercase letters not working on OSX.
- Fixed wall shadows showing up in editor.
- Global statistics are no longer incremented when watching replays.
- Fixed stars not adding after finishing new maps.
- A bug where troopers could go through doors without opening them.
- Right-click menus outside of screen bounds.
- Tazer sometimes not shooting.
- Sniper now kills all enemy types with one shot.
- Sometimes exporting replays to video without sound.
- Ambient sounds playing at full volume no matter of you location in the map.
- Troopers stuck with playing the "use hidden camera" animation all the time.
- Grenade trajectory looking OK but grenade hitting wall.
- Sounds sometimes getting cut while in a very busy scene.
- Removed single plan / single trooper challenges from maps where it couldn't be done.
- Breaching/opening doors when behind walls.
Modding / Structure changes:
- FOV can be modified per weapon/item.
- Challenges are now configurable for each map.
- Can publish new maps to Steam Workshop directly from the editor.
- Equipment.xml is now split into 4 different xmls (items, pistols, rifles, shotguns).
- Can now update mods if you have more than 50 published mods (special dedication to RedPanda for giving us extra work to do).
- Can now modify/add new portraits (data/config/user_list.xml can be modified/added to by using filesystem_mount.xml).
Door Kickers is an innovative realtime strategy game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team and lets you command them during a tactical intervention.
Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.
It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.
- 2D, Top Down for optimal tactical analysis
- Real Time With Free Pause
- No turns, no hexes, no action points or awkward interfaces
- Realistic but action packed
- Non-linear levels, freeform gameplay
- Mission editor and modability
- Unlimited gameplay via mission generator and level editor
- Single Player (but MP might come later)
- Read more about the game at http://www.doorkickersgame.com
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 500 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- Any NVIDIA
- Intel GMA X3100
Buy Door Kickers
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.