|Thursday, October 23, 2014|
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall Of The Samurai Coming This Fall
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that the historical strategy game Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai will be released for Mac this Fall. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows, Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai is the standalone expansion pack for Total War: SHOGUN 2, brought to the Mac by Feral earlier this year.
“In Fall of the Samurai, players will need ingenuity, skill and daring to ensure their battlefield tactics keep up with fast-advancing military technology," said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. "It's the same exacting challenge that faced real life commanders in the second half of the 19th Century.”Pricing, system requirements and a minisite dedicated to Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai for the Mac will be revealed closer to the release date. Check out a trailer for the game at the link below.
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall Of The Samurai Trailer
It is 1864 and Japan is under intense western pressure to open itself to foreign trade, heightening tensions between the isolationist Imperial forces and those loyal to the more outward-looking shogunate. Players will choose a side and deploy their mastery of real-time battle tactics and turn-based campaign strategy as all around them Japan hurtles into the modern age, a time of urgent political reform, dramatic social changes and rapid industrialization.
As they take advantage of Japan’s growing rail network and drive research into civil development and military technology, players must deal with unrest among a deeply traditional population. On the battlefield, the advent of mechanized warfare pits Gatling guns against hand-forged steel katanas, while at sea, iron-sided vessels fire torpedoes and bombard the coast with powerful artillery to destroy wooden settlements, farms, and even armies.
TW: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai
Warlock 2, Wrath Of The Nagas, And Spell Pack Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Paradox Interactive and InoCo have announced the release of Warlock 2: The Exiled for Mac, as well as the just launched Wrath of the Nagas expansion and Spectacular Spell Pack DLC. The fantasy turn-based strategy game challenges players to build a mighty army and wield spells and blades to defeat The United One and his four Vicars. Wrath of the Nagas pits players against the monstrous forces of the fearsome Nagas. The Spectacular Spell Pack combines five smaller spell packs, each with its own theme.
Warlock 2: The ExiledWarlock 2: The Exiled is available now for $19.99 (USD), Wrath of the Nagas costs $14.99 (USD), and the Spectacular Spell Pack can be purchased for $4.99 (USD).
Warlock 2: The Exiled Trailer
The worlds have been shattered, and you have been exiled to one of these shards. The time has come to return to Ardania and seek vengeance on those who cast you out. Battle through the fractured realms inhabited by other exiles, hostile Mages and terrifying creatures. Once back in Ardania you will face your greatest threat: The United One and his four Vicars. Conquer all who oppose you, reclaim your home and take your revenge.
Warlock 2 is a turn-based strategy game of fantasy warfare. Rival against Great Mages, lead mighty armies into fierce battles, wield ancient magic and faith as your weapons.
Experience the challenge in single or multiplayer. Play the new "The Exiled" mode or enjoy the game in the Sandbox mode.
Wrath of the Nagas
- A fantasy wargame like no other – A diplomatic victory is not an option, you cannot relax until your enemies lie crushed under the might of your strategic brilliance! The turn-based hex maps gives you time to ponder your next move and your weapons are the vast armies that relentlessly march to conquer all that oppose you.
- You are the Great mage – Select who you are from a roster of over a dozen Great Mages, all with different abilities and spells, and choose which people you command on your path to victory. If no Great Mage suits your taste you can even custom build your own from scratch.
- Proudly wield your magical power – Not only a superb battlefield commander, your immense magical powers will also aid you in your conquest. Carefully research over 170 spells and choose what to specialize in, from direct attack spells to terraforming, or maybe align yourself to one of the Gods to harness their powerful blessings. With time, you are even capable of customizing each spell using powerful glyphs.
- Diverse worlds requires different approaches – The several different and randomly generated maps all have their unique challenges and opposition to defeat. Use the terrain to your advantage!
- Different campaigns – Choose from either engaging your foes on a grand map in the sandbox game mode or the path of the Exiled, a revenge tale full of twists and turns, where you strike back at those who banished you from the world of Ardania.
- Raise armies – The people you lead and conquer all bring their unique units to your command. Choose if you want to field a stalwart Human army, command the Undead hordes, use the mysterious Planestriders, or mix and match them all plus others to your delight. There are a total of six different races to pick from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Hire heroes – When your reputation grows, random heroes will be attracted to your cause, bringing with them their own special flavor to add to battles. Equip them with legendary artifacts, found or crafted, and make them your battlefield commanders.
Wrath of the Nagas is the first expansion for Warlock 2 and with it developer InoCo introduces the greatest threat Ardania has ever seen.
Lurking on the fringes of our world for centuries. Waiting for an opportunity to strike, invade and conquer. The Nagas have returned!
Aided by ancient beings not seen in Ardania since the age of the Great Kings such as gorgons and harpies, they seek to blacken the skies, poison our lands and wipe out all trace of human existence!
Will you fight the tidal wave of death and destruction or will you be consumed by it?
- The “A clear threat” campaign: Battle Naga threat on the shards of the broken worlds. Find and destroy them before their waters engulf everything
- The Naga race: A new unique race that builds the majority of their buildings on water and have amphibious units.
- New Great mages: The mighty gorgon Sfeno & the Naga general Rhin-gaa-rook are playable as leaders for the Naga race.
- Two new lords: The swift Ace Harpy and the powerful Secret Physician can be chosen as starting perks or encountered in game.
Spectacular Spell Pack
This extensive spell pack contains 5 smaller spell packs, eached themed around something.
- The "Mind Games" pack contain three new spells that deals with controlling your empires happines and cities: Propaganda, Information Warfare, and Auto-Suggestion. The "Propaganda" spell can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Heritage of the Dremers" pack contains three new spells related to, as the name suggests, the horrid Dremers: Summon of Evil, Curse of Evil, and Falling Sky.
- The ""Summon of Evil"" spell can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Elementary, My Dear" pack contains three new elemental spells Spit of Fire, Ice Meteor, and Shocking Staff.
- The spell "Shocking Staff" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Boons of Death" contain three new spells that uses the power of death and the undead: Rise of the Dead, Doom, and Inevitability.
- The spell ""Rise of the Dead"" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair."
- The "Chants of Light" is based around life and the godess Agrella: Call of Suzerain, Summon Treewarden, and Holy Ring.
- The spell ""Call of Suzerain"" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- 2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6630M
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Wrath of the Nagas and Spectacular Spell Pack require Warlock 2: The Exiled to play
Warlock 2: Wrath Of The Nagas Trailer
Warlock 2: The Exiled
Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
Warlock 2: Spectacular Spell Pack
Buy Warlock 2: The Exiled
Buy Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
Buy Warlock 2: Spectacular Spell Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Hits Macs This Fall
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Aspyr Media, in partnership with 2K and Firaxis Games, has announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will be launching on Steam for both Mac and Linux and on Apple’s Mac App Store this holiday season. The Mac and Linux versions will retain the same features and gameplay as the Windows PC version, while also offering cross-platform multiplayer via Steam. The new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise will send players on an expedition from Earth to explore and colonize an alien planet in the hope of creating a new civilization.
“The teams from Firaxis and 2K have done an astounding job of expanding on the core Civ experience in Beyond Earth,” said Aspyr Media’s Vice President of Publishing, Elizabeth Howard. “So, it’s exciting for us to be able to bring the same experience to Mac and Linux users everywhere.”More information about Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth for Mac and Linux will be available in the days ahead.
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mac/Linux FAQ
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of human civilization beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game, by exploring humanity’s future on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen destiny. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technological progression, deeper customization of chosen factions, and an entire alien world that will change the very identity of each faction based on their choices.
Key features of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth include:
Mac and Linux users may pre-order a Steam code for the title at Aspyr’s online store GameAgent.com. All GameAgent pre-orders will include the Exoplanets Map Pack as a free bonus.
- Seed the Adventure: Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.
- Alien World: Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.
- New Technology Web: Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- New Quest System: Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.
- New Orbital Layer: Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, October 20, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.