Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
2K and Firaxis Games have released a new "Discovery" trailer for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, a new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise currently in development at Firaxis for Windows-based PCs. The game will also be coming to Mac and Linux via Aspyr Media. Scheduled for release this fall, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will send players on an expedition from Earth to lead their people into a new frontier to explore and colonize an alien planet, and create a new civilization.
Learn everything you need to know about successfully colonizing a new alien world in this extensive gameplay preview.
Viewed best in HD with annotations turned on. To select a specific chapter of the trailer, click the respective bookmark at the bottom of the video.
A New Beginning for Mankind is coming Friday, October 24, 2014.Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is not yet rated by the ESRB, and will be available for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs in North America this fall for $49.99.
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of human civilization beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game, by exploring humanity’s future on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen destiny. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technological progression, deeper customization of chosen factions, and an entire alien world that will change the very identity of each faction based on their choices.
“Having celebrated its 23rd anniversary last year, Civilization has cemented its reputation as one of the greatest and longest running franchises in video game history,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth builds upon that success by pushing the series in new directions with players exploring an unknown future on an alien planet.”
“The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Key features of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth include:
- Seed the Adventure: Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.
- Alien World: Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.
- New Technology Web: Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- New Quest System: Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.
- New Orbital Layer: Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
To check out the video head over to the page below.
Civilization: Beyond Earth Discovery Trailer
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
The Sims 2: Super Collection Lands At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
The Sims 2: Super Collection from Aspyr Media is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The compilation features native resolution support, a new renderer granting improved performance, and a variety of bug fixes and tweaks. The Sims 2: Super Collection includes The Sims 2, 6 expansion packs, and 3 stuff packs.
In The Sims™ 2: Super Collection, take your Sim from cradle to grave through life’s greatest moments. Create your own houses, neighborhoods, Sims, and even family dynasties—then watch it all come to life! You may choose to manage your Sims so they experience the rewards of a life well lived. Of course, you may also choose to neglect their needs, indulge in their fears, and see what happens… The possibilities are endless!The Sims 2: Super Collection is available now for $29.99 (USD).
The Sims 2: Super Collection
The Sims™ 2: Super Collection delivers all of the award winning content from the original plus the addition of 6 expansion packs, and 3 “stuff” packs never before packaged together:
This updated version of The Sims™ 2 includes several enhancements exclusively for Mac.
- Open for Business
- Bon Voyage
- Family Fun Stuff
- Glamour Life Stuff
- Happy Holiday Stuff
- Native resolution support, including Retina!
- Drastically improved performance, thanks to an all new renderer
- Tons of bug fixes and tweaks
- Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- 2.2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Intel HD Graphics
- This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (CaseSensitive)
Buy The Sims 2: Super Collection
Point & Click Your Way To Adventure In Dark Scavenger
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Psydra Games LLC's Dark Scavenger is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Described as an adventure game that combines strategic turn-based combat with unique point-and-click mechanics, the title puts players in the role of a space traveler stranded on a mysterious planet. The game features dark humor, a variety of unusual characters, and multiple approaches to each encounter.
Dark Scavenger is a bizarre point-and-click RPG adventure with a focus on exploration, gaining loot, and meaningful choices. Dark Scavenger is available now for $4.99 (USD).
Filling the role of a powerful space traveler, you find yourself stranded on a mysterious planet in the company of three eccentric, yet resourceful aliens. As you desperately seek a way to repair your ship, a massive conflict unfolds around you involving warring factions and a sinister force that threatens to destroy them all.
Will you adopt the problems of this world as your own or will you just save yourself?
- Unique Dark Comedy Sci-Fi Narrative driven entirely by your choices. Each encounter has multiple outcomes!
- Earn Tons of Loot and convert it into bizarre equipment!
- Deep Turn Based Combat which utilizes equipment combinations to exploit enemy weaknesses!
- Epic Boss Battles with multiple forms.
- New Game Plus Mode lets you see what you missed the first time around!
- Tons of Secrets that you will probably never find.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 100 MB HD Space
- Native Resolution: 800x600
Buy Dark Scavenger
Loot Hunter Offers Sea Faring Adventure
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Loot Hunter from Rake in Grass is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Players take to the high seas for adventure, seeking to rise from poor sailor to the richest and most honored adventurer. To succeed they'll need to choose to become an honest merchant, naval captain for one of three nations, or plundering pirate.
Enjoy your journey from poor sailor to the richest and the most honoured adventurer! Explore every corner of the dangerous seas with your ships fully loaded with canons. You can choose the way of an honest merchant and trade with farms, towns or forts. Or, you can fight for one of three nations and sink the enemy ships. Or, maybe you want to be a pirate and plunder everything you encounter? You can hoard gold, buy bigger ships and equip them with as many powerful items as you can find in towns and treasure chests all around the islands! Prepare well before you sail into a grand battle with the most dangerous of your enemies!Loot Hunter is available now for $9.99 (USD).
If you like sea, ships, adventures, pirates, the smell of gunpowder and green parrots, this a game is for you!
- Pick the ship you want and explore many of islands and locations
- Fulfil random generated quests for high replay value
- Upgrade your ship through set of RPG-like features
- Trade with cities, expand your treasure and land you own
- Advance in a career from a poor sailor to a rich and fearsome captain
- Enjoy a quick and satysfing match three battle system while sinking your most dangerous enemies
- Listen to an awesome orchestral music score
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.2 GHz Intel Mac
- 500 MB RAM
- 50 MB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Buy Loot Hunter
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.