|Wednesday, October 1, 2014|
Seasons Of The Wolf Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Winter Wolves recently released a new trailer for the upcoming Tales of Aravorn: Seasons of the Wolf. Set in the same world as Loren The Amazon Princess, the fantasy RPG gives players the chance to take the role of Shea or Althea, twins from the village of Ninim, who embark on an epic quest after befriending a wolf.
Welcome back to Aravorn!For more information visit the pages below.
Seasons Of The Wolf Intro Trailer
In this role-playing game, set in the same fantasy world as the award-winning Loren the Amazon princess, you'll play as Shea or Althea, twins from the far-away village Ninim. In just the course of one year, you will experience many storylines and sidequests; situations and events where your own choices influence the very end of the game.
The twins' tale starts on a day like many others, when one of the siblings finds a young wolf and decides to take it with him/her. Thus begins the long journey which will take the siblings from the ice-shrouded Ninim to the desert-wrapped city of Dingirra to the storm-shrouded port of Shacklesplit. Explore the-corruption riddled halls of Dingirra, and contest with the crimelords who claim it as their own domain. Sail the high seas, battle mighty pirates, and discover their hidden treasures!
Travel alongside your old friend the ex-mercenary Vaelis, the illusionist Riley, the barbarian Krimm, the assassin Chalassa, the bard Jariel, and last, but not least, the crazy--ahem, the warlock Rowinda! As your relationships deepen, you may discover love with one of your companions. As you spend time together, you will find yourself influencing their very own storylines!
The game features 9 different classes, each with its own set of skills. With every level up, choose your attributes, each one having an impact on future battles. Fight a large variety of enemies in turn-based tactical battles and loot randomized items for a different game every time!
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS 10.6+ and Linux
- Fantasy RPG set in the world of Aravorn, like Loren The Amazon Princess
- Play as male (Shea) or female (Althea)
- Four characters to romance: Krimm, Riley, Jariel or Chalassa
- 8 unique party members each one with different skills
- Advanced isometric tileset maps for a bigger world to explore
Tales Of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf
Endless Legend Founders Edition Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Endless Legend Founders Edition from Amplitude Studios and Iceberg Interactive is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The 4X fantasy strategy title gives players the chance to take control of one of eight civilizations as they explore, conquer, and research their way to supremacy. The Founders Edition includes the main game as well as various in-game bonuses and a digital soundtrack.
Create your own LegendEndless Legends Founders Edition is available now for $44.99 (USD).
Endless Legend Founders Edition
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumor, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
Explore fantastic lands.
Expand beyond the unknown.
- Lead one of eight civilizations each with a unique gameplay style and storyline.
- Survive through cold dark seasons that drive Auriga to its end. Will it also be yours?
- Experience an endless replayability with randomly generated worlds and quests.
- Set the size, shape, topography and more... to create your own world to discover.
Exploit every opportunity.
- Conquer, build and develop villages into feared fortresses or wonderful cities.
- Assimilate powerful minor factions and use their special traits and units wisely.
- Hire, equip and train your heroes to become army leaders or city governors.
- Raise your civilization by finding mysterious artefacts and forgotten technologies.
Exterminate fools who defy you.
- Evolve your civilization through the discovery of new advanced technologies.
- Collect Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
- Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
- Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- Experience an innovative dynamic simultaneous turn-based battle system.
- Use unit equipement, abilities and the terrain to overcome your opponents.
- Zoom out of a battle and rule the other aspects of your empire seamlessly.
- Define your custom civilizations and confront those created by your friends.
Founders Edition Features:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB VRAM
- AMD Radeon HD 4850, NVIDIA GeForce 640, or Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- 3 GB HD Space
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Endless Legend Game
- In-game Minor Faction: Ice Wargs
- In-game Drakken Hero: Namkang
- In-game Unique Faction Trait
- Official Digital Soundtrack
- A Ship for Dungeon on the Endless
- A Hero for Dungeon on the Endless
- "Endless Legend" Amplitude Badge
- "Endless Legend Founder" Amplitude Badge
Buy Endless Legend Founders Edition
Wasteland 2 Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
inXile Entertainment has released an update for Wasteland 2. The sequel to Wasteland brings to life an alternate future history where America is just beginning to stir from the radioactive aftermath of a deadly nuclear holocaust that took place in 1998. Players must take command of an inexperienced squad of Desert Rangers – the only law left in the Arizona wastes – and set out across the treacherous landscape to help the last remaining remnants of humanity in their struggle for survival against hordes of bandits, criminals, mutants, cultists and worse – much worse.
Welcome back to the Citadel, Rangers! After 2.5 years in development and with the help of over 70,000 Kickstarter backers, the Wasteland's hellish landscape is now waiting for you to make your mark… or die trying. Read more about the latest patch at the link below.
Wasteland 2 Patch Notes
Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.
The Wasteland series impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core, but modernized for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isn’t enough to save you. Deck out your Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone and get ready for maximum destruction with the RPG-style character advancement and customization that made the first Wasteland so brutal. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish – the choice is yours, but so are the consequences.
Buy Wasteland 2
Blast Invisible Enemies This October In Screencheat
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Surprise Attack Games and Samurai Punk have announced an October 21 release date for Screencheat, a unique new shooter scheduled to launch for Mac, Windows, and Linux machines. The game challenges players to to find their invisible enemies by watching the screens of other players to determine their position from landmarks and the colors of the arena.
In the Screencheat arena, fast reaction times aren’t enough to keep you alive. When all your enemies are invisible, players will have to master the art of taking a not-so sneaky look at their opponent’s screens and working out where they are based on uniquely coloured areas of the map and distinctive landmarks.Click over to the site below for more.
Screencheat pays homage to iconic competitive first-person shooters such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Halo, by blending the elements everyone loves about those games and shaking it up with its own unique take on the genre. The game was conceived by indie developers Samurai Punk at the 2014 Global Game Jam, where it won the ‘Jammers Game of Choice’ award and received honourable mentions for ‘Best Accessibility’, ‘Best Use of Theme’ and ‘Judge’s Choice for Best Game’.
Screencheat is slated for release on PC, Mac, and Linux in October 2014.
About Samurai Punk
- Four player split-screen multiplayer that can be played both locally and online
- Eight weapons
- Five maps
- Six different game modes that can be customized to keep things fresh
- Full Steam integration
- Full controller support, on top of standard mouse and keyboard functionality
Samurai Punk was forged in 2013, and since then has worked primarily on short, experimental games at various Game Jam events. The team has a core group of members, but certainly aren’t averse to working with other cool developers that they meet along the way!
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.