|Wednesday, September 24, 2014|
Alien Spidy And DLCs Crash Land At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Alien Spidy from Kalypso Media Digital as well as two DLC packs for the game: Between a Rock and a Hard Place and Easy Breezy are available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The action platformer challenges players to help the alien hero Spidy as he struggles to repair his damaged ship and rescue his lost friend Virgi.
Alien Spidy:Alien Spidy is available now for $9.99 (USD), while the two DLC packs can be purchased for $1.99 (USD) each.
After losing contact with his explorer friend Virgi, our fearless alien hero Spidy heads to Earth in his spacecraft to find her. While entering the Earth’s atmosphere, his spacecraft suddenly fails and starts to break up, causing Spidy to crash-land on the strange planet, with his craft scattered across forests, throughout ponds and in dark caves. Spidy finds himself alone on an alien world and faces the epic challenge of tracking down Virgi, battling strange new enemies and finding the missing pieces from his spacecraft in order to repair the damage and make their escape home.
The stage is set for the adventure of a lifetime as Spidy embarks on a perilous journey through a visually stunning 2D/3D world, where quick reflexes and fast-paced platform action create a fun and rewarding gameplay experience, which is easy to pick up, but challenging to master.
Between a Rock and a Hard Place:
- A unique blend of fast paced physics based platform action and challenging puzzles
- A visually stunning, cartoon-styled animated world
- Use the analogue control to perform intuitive skill-based manouvres as Spidy swings from danger, shoots his web and avoids numerous pitfalls and enemies
- Explore three unique game environments with 69 diverse and challenging levels
- Overcome a huge range of enemies and fight epic boss battles
- Accessible for both casual and core gamers…it’s easy to pick up, but challenging to master
- Unlock over 300 collectibles and achievements
- Replay levels to earn higher scores and improve your leader board rankings
Now unlock 3 more ridiculously difficult “Special” levels, which are set to test your ability and skill to the very extreme!
Once again you are set a challenge that has you travelling through the Forest, but this time there is no mercy! The smallest mistakes will send you right back to the start of this most brutal and unforgiving level. If you really think that you have what it takes to get Spidy from A to B then be our guest…
Determination is what you will need when you are dropped straight into an underwater cave! No wait, determination and a lot of speedy quick reflexes, because without these there is certainly no way you can beat this level. Challenge accepted?
Until now Spidy has never felt so helpless. You have to guide him out of the deepest and darkest depths of the caves; there is no sign of life anywhere! Don’t be miss lead, there is still plenty of danger this far into the earth’s crust, as you are in far less control due to wind tunnels, floating spores and unstable stalactites. You’ll be more than happy to reach the end, if you can?!
Easy Breezy DLC:
- Life is Hard - Forest
- Water Burrow - Ponds
- Last Special - Caves
Unlock 3 more challenging “Special” levels, one within each environment.
Go back to the forest and really learn how to spin your web and swing the way gravity intended! Take this with a pinch of salt, as the level is easy to complete but ridiculously challenging to unlock your stars. Do you think you can master this?
Venture through the ponds once more and find yourself avoiding alien fish, spikes and deadly under water plants. This challenge is dedicated to perfection. Will you be able to out manoeuvre the Alien Fish before your protective bubble runs out of energy? Did we mention that once this is done you still have to get all your stars as well?
Find yourself trapped in a cave! Don’t worry though… if the sharp red crystals, poisonous fungus or deadly mosquitos are avoided, you will be just fine! Escape this challenging cave with the help of a large number of power-ups, but no help from re-spawn checkpoints. Can you escape?
Alien Spidy Requirements:
- Go Down - Forest
- Open Water - Ponds
- Power-up one shot - Caves
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 1.9 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- DLCs require Alien Spidy to play
Buy Alien Spidy: Between a Rock and a Hard Place DLC Now
Buy Alien Spidy: Easy Breezy DLC Now
Buy Alien Spidy
High Tech Vampire Adventure Returns With Bloodnet
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Bloodnet from Tommo is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The re-released adventure follows the exploits of Ransom Stark, an ex-corporate hacker and mercenary from the year 2094 who seeks revenge for having been transformed into a vampire.
Manhattan, New York. 2094Bloodnet is available now for $5.99 (USD).
It all started when I met her in her daddy's penthouse apartment. She was going to pay me for a freelance job and, by the way she looked at me, I knew I was in for something extra. But it was more than I bargained for. Much more. First, there was a kiss and then… two fangs punctured the veins on my neck.
High technology meets blackest evil in this cyberpunk vampire adventure. You play the role of Ransom Stark, an ex-corporate hacker and mercenary who's been transformed into a vampire - and wants revenge. To rid yourself of this curse, you must brave the streets of 21st-century Manhattan, where gangs, mercenaries, and cyberpunks rule. More, you must plumb the secrets of the bizarre virtual reality of Cyberspace as you combat both the vampires and the TransTechnicals megacorporation, the company that owns the cybernet. How long can you last before you give in to the thirst for blood?
- BloodNet is a sophisticated, hard-hitting game with mature content that surfs the edge of popular culture... and beyond.
- Experience dark urban high-tech future, ruled by oppressive mega-corporations and cybernetics.
- Recruit cyberpunks, rage gangers, mercenaries, and hackers to aid your fight against the vampires.
- Immerse yourself in the bizarre virtual reality of Cyberspace, where anything is possible.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 1 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 64 MB VRAM
Combat Mission 3.0 Engine Upgrades Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Battlefront.com recently announced the release of patches for the Mac versions of Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy, and Combat Mission: Fortress Italy. The upgrades convert and upgrade existing games to include most of the advanced new CMx2 version 3.00 game features.
Finally, the 3.0 Mac OS X Engine Upgrades for Combat Mission Battle for Normandy and Combat Mission Fortress Italy are here!Learn more at the links below.
CMBN v3.0 Mac OSX Upgrade
The Upgrades convert and upgrade your existing games (and any installed modules) automagically to include most of the advanced new CMx2 v3.00 game features! Upgrades must be purchased separately for each title.
- Hit impacts to vehicles and bunkers now shown graphically ("hit decals")
- Water animates for fording units
- Improved shaders
- Ground units are now able to fire at attacking aircraft
- Ammo Dumps allow platoons to have reserve ammo stored separately on map (automatically distributed for certain Skill Levels)
- WeGo TCP/IP with the ability to save but not the ability to replay combat action
- Spotters restricted to directing only one Mission at a time. Assets can now be group fired.
- More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons.
- Improved load time for scenarios, especially larger ones with complex terrain
- Three different sets of camera controls; Standard (traditional), First Person Shooter, and Real Time Strategy
- Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing
- KIAs are shown in the Soldier/Crew Panels to track soldiers lost during the game
- Option to disable music separate from other game sounds
- Ability to create AI Triggers that execute actions based on other units or interaction with Objectives (existing battles do not have this, but it can be added by authors if they wish)
- Maximum map size increased
- Improved responsiveness of 2D editing, especially for large maps
- Improved load time for 3D Preview, especially large maps
- Customized "Mod Tags" for most graphics. This allows for multiple mods for the same item without the need to move items in/out of Data folder
- Ability to specify specific mods be used for a specific Scenario. If CM fails to find the specified mod it will use the default
CMFI v3.0 Mac OSX Upgrade
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Buy Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Buy Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Endless Legend Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Amplitude Studios and Iceberg Interactive recently released Endless Legend. The new 4X fantasy strategy title gives players the chance to take control of one of eight civilizations as they explore, conquer, and research their way to supremacy.
Create your own Legend Click over to the link below for more information.
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumor, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
Explore fantastic lands.
Expand beyond the unknown.
- Lead one of eight civilizations each with a unique gameplay style and storyline.
- Survive through cold dark seasons that drive Auriga to its end. Will it also be yours?
- Experience an endless replayability with randomly generated worlds and quests.
- Set the size, shape, topography and more... to create your own world to discover.
Exploit every opportunity.
- Conquer, build and develop villages into feared fortresses or wonderful cities.
- Assimilate powerful minor factions and use their special traits and units wisely.
- Hire, equip and train your heroes to become army leaders or city governors.
- Raise your civilization by finding mysterious artefacts and forgotten technologies.
Exterminate fools who defy you.
- Evolve your civilization through the discovery of new advanced technologies.
- Collect Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
- Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
- Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- Experience an innovative dynamic simultaneous turn-based battle system.
- Use unit equipement, abilities and the terrain to overcome your opponents.
- Zoom out of a battle and rule the other aspects of your empire seamlessly.
- Define your custom civilizations and confront those created by your friends.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB VRAM
- AMD Radeon HD 4850, NVIDIA GeForce 640, or Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- 3 GB HD Space
Endless Legend Trailer
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 22, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.