|Thursday, September 18, 2014|
Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition from Sega is available now for purchase at Mac Game Store. Developed by Creative Assembly the Emperor Edition features an improved political system, overhauled building chains, rebalanced battles, and improved visuals for the historical strategy game. In addition EE offers all content and feature updates made for ROME II since its launch in 2013.
About Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition: Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition is available now for $49.95 (USD), 17% off the regular price.
Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition
Emperor Edition is the definitive edition of ROME II, featuring an improved politics system, overhauled building chains, rebalanced battles and improved visuals in both campaign and battle.
In addition, Emperor Edition includes all content and feature updates made available for ROME II since its launch in September 2013. These include Twitch.TV integration, touchscreen controls, new playable factions and units, and Mac compatibility.
The Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack and all Emperor Edition content and features are free, via automatic update, to all existing ROME II owners.
About the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack:
The Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack is a new playable campaign for ROME II, which rivals the original ROME II Grand Campaign in both scope and scale. This campaign comes as part of Total War™: ROME II – Emperor Edition and is available as a free, automatic update to existing owners of Total War™: ROME II.
The Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack is set in 42 BC during the chaotic aftermath of Caesar’s grisly murder. The republic remains whole, but its soul is divided as three great men, the members of the Second Triumvirate, hold the future of Rome in the palms of their hands.
Octavian, Caesar’s adoptive son and the heir to his legacy.
Marc Antony, Caesar’s loyal friend and most trusted lieutenant.
Lepidus, Pontifex Maximus of Rome and the man who secured Caesar’s dictatorship.
With the territories of The Republic divided between them and the military might of Rome at their beck-and-call, the members of The Second Triumvirate are each in a position to make a bid for leadership, and rule Rome as its first – and only – emperor.
However, external forces are on the move, looking to exploit the instability of Rome and expand their own territories. Will you fight as a defender of Rome and defeat the other members of the Triumvirate? Or lead another faction on a campaign of conquest and expansion, and take advantage of the chaos as the Roman civil war rages?
Players may embark on a new Campaign as one of the following playable factions:How far will you go for Rome?
- Marc Antony
- Armenia (also now playable in the ROME II Grand Campaign).
The award-winning Total War series returns to Rome, setting a brand new quality benchmark for Strategy gaming. Become the world’s first superpower and command the Ancient world’s most incredible war machine. Dominate your enemies by military, economic and political means. Your ascension will bring both admiration and jealousy, even from your closest allies.
Will you suffer betrayal or will you be the first to turn on old friends? Will you fight to save the Republic, or plot to rule alone as Emperor?
- Plan your conquest of the known world in a massive sandbox turn-based campaign mode (supporting additional 2-player cooperative & competitive modes). Conspiracies, politics, intrigue, revolts, loyalty, honour, ambition, betrayal. Your decisions will write your own story.
- Build vast armies and take to the battlefield in real-time combat mode. Put your tactical skills to the test as you directly control tens of thousands of men clashing in epic land and sea battles.
- Play for the glory of Rome as one of three families or take command of a huge variety of rival civilisations – each offers a notably different form of gameplay experience with hundreds of unique units from siege engines and heavy cavalry to steel-plated legionaries and barbarian berserkers.
- See exotic ancient cities and colossal armies rendered in incredible detail, as jaw-dropping battles unfold. Detailed camera perspectives allow you to see your men shout in victory or scream in pain on the frontline, while a new tactical cam allows a god’s eye view of the carnage to better inform your strategic decisions.
- Extremely scalable experience, with gameplay and graphics performance optimised to match low and high-end hardware alike.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 1.7 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 25 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4850
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition Trailer
Buy Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition
Xbox One Controller Driver Seeking A Kickstart
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 14 comments
Software developer Terry Demco recently emailed IMG about a new Kickstarter campaign to fund the creation of an Xbox One controller driver for the latest versions of the OS X operating system. The campaign concludes on October 8 and will be successful if it reaches the $5,000 CAD goal.
With the development of new and exciting games and technologies being made for Mac, like the Oculus Rift, the Mac has gained a lot of traction in the gaming market. The Xbox has been a gold gaming standard for many years, and now with the release of the Xbox One controller, the best gaming controller on the planet is here. It seems like someone would have already bridged these two technologies, but as it stands almost a year after the launch there is still no way to support the new Xbox One controller on a Mac operating system. We are committed to bringing this product to the market so many more people can have an excellent gaming experience on the Mac with hardware you already own. The driver will support a USB connection to the controller, and have all gaming joystick, trigger, and button control. Check out the site below for more.
Xbox One Controller Driver For Mac Kickstarter
We will be providing support for
If demand is high enough we will consider support for OS 10.8. But as most people are running the latest version of the Mac operating system, we don't think there will be much demand.
- Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
Lead A Magic Life At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Meridian93's Magic Life is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The fantasy sim puts players in the role of a mage seeking to gain power by taking part in an ancient tournament and winning spectacular magical duels.
Try to become a powerful mage taking part in an ancient tournament of magical conclave. Freedom of action gives a lot of choices for character development. Customizable look and character of the set of game objects do not give you a limited freedom of creativity, especially after the passage of the main storyline of the game in a free life.Magic Life is available now for $6.99 (USD).
- Building a magic career.
- Customize the appearance of the character and environment.
- Freedom of movement and action.
- Ability to create a unique character.
- Spectacular magic duel.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Intel Mac
- 256 MB RAM
- 200 MB HD Space
- 16 MB VRAM
Buy Magic Life
Get Behind The Wheel In DiRT Showdown
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Virtual Programming's DiRT Showdown is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Codemasters' "freestyle, free-roaming" arcade racer features split-screen multiplayer, 4 player online racing, a variety of weather conditions, and a number of ways to engage in vehicular mayhem.
Race, crash and hoon your way through a world tour of motorised mayhem in DiRT Showdown! Crowd atmosphere, social gameplay and accessibility are all ramped up in this turbo- injected shot of driving delirium. Smash down the accelerator and earn the adulation of frenzied crowds at hyper-energised events at iconic locations. Trick, speed and smash your way to victory, then do it again.DiRT Showdown is available now for $17.99 (USD), 10% off the regular price.
Use boost to blast past your rivals in races, unleash your inner hoonigan in huge freestyle, free-roaming stunt parks and see gaming’s most advanced damage engine pushed to its limits in devastating demolition derby events.
DiRT Showdown provides split-screen multiplayer and quick-fire party games as standard.
Get your ticket for this stunning new world of accessible action-sports racing from the makers of the award-winning DiRT series.
Please note this version is single player only, and does not support Racenet.
- Experience a new world of full impact, no-holds-barred action sports racing
- Push pedal to metal at iconic locations– Miami to London, San Francisco to Tokyo and more
- Wow the crowds at unsanctioned, hyper-energised events with a festival vibe
- Demolition Derby themed events, powered by racing’s most advanced damage model, deliver the ultimate in organised automotive chaos
- Trade paint and deploy nitros in high-octane race events filled with obstacles and ramps
- Show off your skills in free roaming freestyle arenas primed for automotive tricks and stunts
- Compete against a friend in split screen mode.
- Dive in and drive with accessible, pick-up-and-play controls
- Prove yourself under all conditions – rain, sun, fog, and snow – in the daytime or under the lights at night in front of thousands of cheering fans
- Split-screen gaming and over 10 different event types
- Use the integrated ‘Crashback’ camera to capture your most spectacular crashes
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- 1.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
DiRT Showdown Trailer
Buy DiRT Showdown
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.