Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Trailer & Details
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Harebrained Schemes has revealed new details about and a new trailer for Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut, the stand-alone release of the RPG expansion. The Director's Cut will be available September 18 and will include new features, missions, and art. It will also be free to all original Kickstarter backers and owners of Dragonfall.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is a standalone release of Harebrained Schemes' critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign, which first premiered as a major expansion for Shadowrun Returns. The Director's Cut adds a host of new content and enhancements to the original game: 5 all-new missions, alternate endings, new music, a redesigned interface, team customization options, a revamped combat system, and more - making it the definitive version of this one-of-a-kind cyberpunk RPG experience. Learn more at the links below.
Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall DC Trailer
NOTE: The Director’s Cut is free to existing owners of the Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns. It will be automatically added to your Steam Library when the game is released.
Man Meets Magic & Machine
In 2012, magic returned to our world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Among them was the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge, who emerged without warning from the mountains of Germany, unleashing fire, death, and untold destruction across the countryside. It took German forces nearly four months to finally shoot her down - and when they did, their victory became known as The Dragonfall.
It’s 42 years later - 2054 - and the world has changed. Unchecked advances in technology have blurred the line between man and machine. Elves and trolls walk among us, ruthless corporations bleed the world dry, and Feuerschwinge’s reign of terror is just a distant memory. Germany is splintered - a stable anarchy known as the “Flux State” controls the city of Berlin. It’s a place where power is ephemeral, almost anything goes, and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. For you and your team of battle-scarred shadowrunners, there’s no better place to earn a quick payday.
Now, a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. One that soon has you and your team caught on the wrong side of a deadly conspiracy. The only clue: whispers of the Dragonfall. Rumors that the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge may still be alive, waiting for the right moment to return…
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Features
New in the Director’s Cut
- A Classic, Story-Driven cRPG: See why PC Gamer hailed Dragonfall as “one of the most memorable and complex RPG stories of the decade.” Dragonfall hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPG’s with a novel-like branching narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development. Immerse yourself in a smart, 20+ hour campaign with a diverse cast of all-too-human characters.
- A One-of-a-Kind Cyberpunk Setting: Experience the unique “Tech meets Magic” dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game setting now celebrating it’s 25th anniversary. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is the perfect entry point to the setting for those with no prior Shadowrun experience, while providing plenty of classic Shadowrun characters and tech for veteran players to sink their teeth into.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners - each with their own outlook, motivations, and backstory. The members of your team are designed to play contrasting roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. But it’s not all about the mission - each team member also has challenges to face in their own lives, which you can choose to brush aside or play an important part in.
- Gripping, Turn-Based Tactical Combat: When you’re running the shadows, every turn matters. Choose your actions wisely - move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at your disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices.
- Skill-Based Character Progression: Choose a starting character archetype and build from there! Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield, Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells, while Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems. Shadowrun: Dragonfall’s classless skill system allows you to grow your character in any direction you choose.
And Much More:
- Standalone: Due to popular demand, Dragonfall is now a completely standalone title!
- Five All-New Missions: The Director’s Cut features five all-new original missions, including three related directly to the personal stories of your team members. These missions take you to previously-unseen locales - both within the Flux State and beyond - where you’ll have to face challenging enemies and make tough choices in order to help your team members prevail.
- Revamped Combat System: The Dragonfall combat system has received a major overhaul. An all-new armor system adds another tactical layer to the experience, while refined cover and damage mechanics emphasize the importance of battlefield positioning. Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts more intelligently and accurately to your actions.
- Redesigned Interface: The Dragonfall in-game interface has also been rebuilt. Spells, items and abilities are now much easier to access, while improved combat feedback allows you to fully understand the tactical situation in any given encounter.
- Customize Your Team: Guide your team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, choosing between different focus options to grant them new items and abilities. In addition, if you don’t like a team member’s default spell, item or weapon loadout, you can now customize what they bring on each mission.
- Ten New Pieces of Original Music: Fan-favorite composer Jon Everist brings ten new tracks of moody cyberpunk music to the Dragonfall experience, including compositions based on the stories of individual members of your team.
- The Complete Dragonfall Soundtrack: As a free bonus, the Director’s Cut includes the entire soundtracks from both Dragonfall AND our previous title, Shadowrun Returns. This also includes the brand new tracks exclusive to the Director’s Cut. Featuring music from the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, this exciting cyberpunk soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.
Mac System Requirements
- Steam Achievements!
- Steam Trading Cards - collect your favorite Dragonfall characters
- All-new alternate endings to the main campaign
- Enhanced visual effects including splatter and dismemberment, improved animations, and optional post-processing effects
- New bioware augmentations provide an extra edge on the battlefield… if you’ve got the nuyen
- A variety of new items, cyberware & spells
- Additional player customization options
- Expanded character development for several side characters
- Writing and design tweaks and polish throughout!
- OS: OSX 10.6
- Processor: Intel-based Macs only (x86-compatible, 1.4GHz or better)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Modern 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory
- Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall DC New Details
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (add to watch list)
Go Under The Sea In World Of Diving
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
World of Diving from Vertigo Games is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The diving simulator gives players the chance to roam the sea floor in search of sea life, other divers, and sunken treasures.
World of Diving’s is bursting with missions and scenarios that will give you an exhilarating multiplayer underwater adventure, in both its single player campaign and multiplayer modes. Track and document the peaceful marine wildlife, deal with malfunctioning and limited gear, survive real world disaster scenarios, hunt for legendary treasure, salvage shipwrecks, or fathom the underwater paradise at your own leisure.World of Diving is available now $19.99 (USD).
World Of Diving Trailer
- World of Diving enables you… to freely explore the ocean and make progress through exciting challenges:
- Interact with the amazing sea life.
- Compete against your fellow divers.
- Discover the sunken remains of history.
- Collect and salvage ancient treasure.
- As a diver… you can be a contributing member of an active community:
- You design, create and share your own content.
- You influence the development of new features.
- Your positive activity is rewarded with unique content and special privileges.
- Customize everything
- Gear & tools;
- Boats, submarines & other vehicles;
- Real estate.
- Your personal diving base
- Customize your own tropical island.
- Invite your friends in multiplayer.
- Dock your vehicles & store your gear.
- Unlock your next diving missions.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 1 GB VRAM
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Pixel Shader 3.0 compatible video card required
World of Diving (add to watch list)
Buy World of Diving
OOTP Developments Celebrates 15 Years Of OOTP Baseball
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Out of the Park Developments has announced a partnership with Operation Sports to celebrate this year’s 15th anniversary of Out of the Park Baseball, which made its debut in 1999. Continuing through Sept. 1, each day one Facebook fan or Twitter follower will win a hat, shirt, or jersey of their choosing from Ebbets Vintage, makers of vintage gear that has been worn by David Letterman, Spike Lee, and other celebrities. The company also unveiled a new Quick Start for OOTP 15 which allows players to explore what might have happened if the 1994 strike hadn't occurred.
“Fifteen years ago, I released what at the time was a labor of love that I hoped would bring a few baseball fans some enjoyment,” said OOTP creator Markus Heinsohn. “Little did I know that it would grow exponentially from there and become a game loved by not only many thousands of baseball fans but also people like Curt Schilling, who helped bring World Series titles to my beloved Red Sox in 2004 and 2007.”Check out the links below for more information.
Facebook: OOTP Baseball
To enter each day’s giveaway, fans need to follow Out of the Park Baseball and Operation Sports on Twitter, as well as like OOTP and OS on Facebook. They receive entries by retweeting tweets and liking and commenting on posts, for a total of three entries per day per company, or six total. Those who don’t win will have their entries carried forward, so by the time the winners of two Ebbets jerseys are chosen on the final day, they could have up to 42 entries in the virtual prize bucket.
New 1994 Quick Start Picks Up Where the Strike Started
OOTP Developments also recently released a new 1994 Quick Start for Out of the Park Baseball 15. It picks up where the strike started on August 12, 1994, with team records and player stats current as of that date, so virtual managers can assume control of a team (or on commissioner mode) and see what might have happened. Could the Expos have won the World Series? Would Tony Gwynn’s batting average have stood above .400 at the end of the season? Did Matt Williams have a shot at breaking Roger Maris’ home run record? It’s time to find out.
The Quick Start can be downloaded from the OOTP Developments forum.
Twitter: OOTP Baseball
Quick Start Download
Out Of The Park Baseball 15 (add to watch list)
Buy Out Of The Park Baseball 15
Hearthstone: Frostwyrm Lair Concludes Naxxramas
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment recently released the Frostwyrm Lair, the fifth and final wing of the Hearthstone online card game expansion Curse of Naxxramas. The single player adventure mode introduced by Curse offers a new game board and a variety of unique class challenges to conquer. The final unique wing in the dungeon adventure requires in-game gold or real money to access.
Frostwyrm Lair is the final wing of Naxxramas—home to Kel’Thuzad and his powerful undead frostwyrm, Sapphiron. Victory over these heat-deprived hooligans will reward you with all-new Hearthstone cards.Check out the link below for more info.
Curse of Naxxramas: Frostwyrm Lair
Sapphiron awaits players as soon as they step into Frostwyrm Lair, ready to put the deep freeze on anyone who would threaten his master. If you manage to avoid being chilled to the bone by this wintery wyrm, his defeat will add two copies of the Echoing Ooze card to your collection.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.