Battle Fleet 2 Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Capital j Media has announced the launch of Battle Fleet 2 for Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows, with cross platform multiplayer across all devices. In the game players select a fleet of warships, arm them with a variety of weapons, assign captains to each vessel, and set forth to destroy the enemy fleet.
Welcome to the Pacific Admiral! Your mission is to select a fleet of warships, arm them by selecting their weapons, assign captains and destroy the enemy fleet. You'll have complete control of this mission, all the way down to what angle and how much power should be put into each shot. Battle Fleet 2 is at your command, Admiral! Battle Fleet 2 is available now for $7.49 (USD), 25% off the regular price.
Battle Fleet 2 Trailer
Battle Fleet 2 is the radically improved sequel to the original and has kept the “Worms” / “Scorched Earth” style angle+power mechanic, but now features full 3D modeling of terrain, ships, and ship hit locations. Hit the the engines and cripple the enemy's maneuverability, or aim for the command center and disable the ship for an entire turn. Ships are more realistic in which weapon compliments they can carry, and ship control is more intuitive. Battle Fleet 2 also now features Fog of War, allowing for stealth tactics and surprise attacks to be a viable strategy as well as adding the importance of using ships and aircraft for recon as well as attacks. With a full featured campaign and a variety of single play scenarios, Battle Fleet 2 will keep even the saltiest of sea-dogs satisfied.
View the trailer and find out more at http://www.BattleFleetGame.com
- Build your fleet from 5 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
- Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns to fire at the same location.
- Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and different caliber naval artillery.
- Utilize or neutralize bombers and recon planes launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
- Assign captains to each ship to determine the ship's turn order.
- Play the strategic campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
- Use recon to clear Fog of War and defeat enemy ground based airfields and coastal artillery.
- Deploy Strategic Command Cards to surprise your enemies with special actions like deploying mines, sabotage, enhanced aiming, airstrikes and more!
- Battle Fleet 2 features full 3D models of US and Japanese WW2 era ships.
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 500 MB HD Space
- 128 MB VRAM
Battle Fleet 2
Buy Battle Fleet 2
F18 Carrier Landing II Pro Takes Flight
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Rortos has announced the Mac release of F18 Carrier Landing II Pro. The flight sim sequel features graphics improvements, an improved flight engine, as well as a new and extended campaign. Players get the chance to take to the skies in ten unique aircraft for 30 missions spanning 5 settings.
A new release for a real experience, with new settings for a worldwide challenge. F18 Carrier Landing II by Rortos, the sequel to the most advanced landing simulator ever made, has finally arrived for OS X. The Ferrari of the flight has come back for a new landing experience. The graphic improvement has been realized by F18 Carrier Landing developer, a pilot, after having carefully listened to users requests.F18 Carrier Landing II Pro is available now for $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store.
F18 Carrier Landing II Pro
The famous flight simulator, with over 20 million fans worldwide, is back with many new features on the iOS, Mac, Google and Amazon stores. Having reached the top of the charts all over the world, RORTOS has brought its simulator to a whole new level: with brand-new graphics and a greatly-improved flight engine, for a level of realism never seen before.
A new and extended game campaign, with over 30 missions in 5 incredible settings and 10 different planes to fly, will keep pilots involved for hours in electrifying challenges that go beyond the speed of sound. Takeoffs, landings, formation flying, sudden breakdowns, rescue missions, recon, extreme weather conditions, aerial refueling: these are just a few of the challenges required in order to successfully complete this exciting adventure.
The exhilaration of flight can be experienced over and over. Thanks to CINEMA view, pilots can replay each maneuver from different angles, save videos on their devices and share them on the web (iOS feature). For an even more thrilling experience, now two devices can be linked together to activate the multi-screen mode: with the first device displaying the instruments necessary to function as a remote system for the plane’s controls.
Landing on an aircraft carrier is one of the most difficult tasks a pilot has to execute. The flight deck is only 150 meters long, just enough to stop the aircraft. Accept the challenge, take on over thirty missions in the world's most dangerous and spectacular scenarios and join the best Top-Gun pilots. Take control, climb into the realistic 3D cockpits and fly the most famous military aircrafts, faithfully reproduced.
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 236 MB
Shadowgate Returns August 21
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Nearly 30 years after the original Shadowgate was released Zojoi, in cooperation with Reverb Triple XP, has announced an August 21 release for the re-imagined Shadowgate. The result of a successful Kickstarter campaign the game gives players the chance to venture into the dark halls of Castle Shadowgate in an attempt to defeat the Warlock Lord within.
In Shadowgate, intrepid gamers step inside the dark halls of Castle Shadowgate as "The Seed of Prophecy," the only one who could hope to defeat the traitorous Warlock Lord that dwells within. Designed with compelling cut-scenes that greatly expand the original Shadowgate universe, gamers navigate from room to room via the classic first-person perspective, using their wits to survive dangerous traps, devious puzzles, and ruthless enemies. If successful, they can assemble the Staff of Ages, a powerful relic capable of keeping this ancient enemy from destroying the living castle and the world of Tyragon itself.For more information, and a "side-by-side" trailer comparing the 1989 NES Shadowgate version with this year’s re-imagined game, visit the links below.
Shadowgate not only features a stunning level of detailed, hand-painted rooms but also tons of new, mind-bending puzzles from the makers of the original game. While there are more objects and new characters to interact with, there are also plenty of throwbacks to the original version, so veterans and newcomers alike will relish their journey through Castle Shadowgate… if they survive.
Shadowgate Features Include:
- All-new and updated puzzles seamlessly expand on the original game
- Multiple difficulty levels enable players to play on Master, the renowned difficulty of the original, or scale back the brutality with Apprentice (Easy) or Journeyman (Medium)
- Players can take advantage of a bevy of objects, spells, an all-new mapping system and on-screen commands to aid them in their quest
- Tons of hand-painted illustrated rooms feature both new and familiar locations
- Gorgeous visuals complete with new environmental effects and unique animations offer an immersive experience
- Bonus Retro Mode enables players to experience the game like it’s 1989! Choose Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES score, turn the graphics into 8-bit, and more
- Customize the experience with the classic or auto-hide control layout, tailored key binds for actions and objects, and/or lock commands for ease of use
- Updated storytelling features dramatic cut-scenes, plus all the same great storytelling you'd expect from a Shadowgate adventure
- A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack and sound effects change based on gameplay
- 50 in-game and Steam-based achievements to find and unlock
Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a new blog post Positech Games officially announced work on Gratuitous Space Battles 2. The original GSB space battle simulation focused on spectacular space battles, allowing players to design ships, arrange them into fleets, and jump into the action. The sequel will stay true to the formula, adding an improved engine, multiple monitor support, and 3 new classes of ship.
GSB2 is a continuation of my fantasy of making this come to life. There are various questions answered on the placeholder website here, but let me summarize. GSB2 will be bigger, bolder, better and have more cool effects than you can shake a laser gun at. It will have a truly gratuitous user-interface. it will lovingly embrace the possibilities of twin 2560 res monitors. It will have a super-cool feature I haven’t announced yet. It will be a PC-first game, pure and simple, and it will be in your hands either late 2014 or early 2015. And you can play it in London at the Eurogamer Expo in September.Head over to the pages below for more information.
Cliffski's Blog: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Announced
GSB2 will be available on PC, MAc or Linux, but is not being targeted at IOS or other tablets, as first and foremost, this is a desktop experience ideal for people with gratuitously big monitors. The game is designed to support 5120 resolutions stretched over multiple monitors, regardless of video card. Our aim is for the game to scale down nicely to older PCs, but provide a suitable experience for PC enthusiasts with insane setups!
GSB2 will retain the same hands-off gameplay of the original title, with players designing fleets of ships to battle it out against vast alien fleets. The game will support the same challenge-based asynchronous online combat of the original. Like GSB1, the new game will be a 2D experience, but with a substantially improved engine that gives a much-more 3D and immersive feel.
Gratuitous Space Battles 2
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 25, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.