Borderlands 2 Update Adds New Pre-Sequel Heads & Skins
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media and Gearbox have announced the release of a new patch for Borderlands 2. The update introduces several new heads and skins for all six Vault Hunters. The new rare drops are inspired by the upcoming Borderlands: The Pre-sequel game in development at Gearbox.
A new Borderlands 2 patch has just gone live on both Windows PC and Mac that introduces a variety of new heads and skins for all six Vault Hunters, all inspired from the upcoming game Borderlands: The Pre-sequel. Read more at the link below.
Borderlands 2 Update Details
The skins and heads are available as extremely rare drops, according to a blog post over at the Gearbox community site. However, players will be guaranteed to get their hands on the new outfits through a series of SHiFT codes that will go live over the next several weeks. Keep an eye on the aforementioned blog post as well as on the Borderlands Twitter feed so you don’t miss it.
The content update is currently for Steam only users and will automatically download and install the next time users launch the Steam client. A release date for the new skins and heads has not been confirmed for the Mac App Store version of Borderlands 2.
Buy Borderlands 2
Dungeon Hearts Brings The Puzzle To RPG
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Cube Roots and Devolver Digital's puzzle/RPG hybrid Dungeon Hearts is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The game features "a nostalgic blend of classic RPG elements fused into a vibrant match-three puzzle game for a wholly unique experience."
Dungeon Hearts fuses the strategy and pattern matching of puzzle games with the kinetic pace of action games. Align magical runes as they flow along the Fatestream to attack, defend, and conjure magic in frenetic battles against a bestiary of fantastic creatures out to use those same runes against you. Chain together multiple attacks and unleash powerful combos or call upon each hero's special attacks to devastate your enemies to survive the twists and turns of Dungeon Heart's evolving gameplay. Strike down all that stand in your way and level up your brave warriors as each foe grows more powerful than the last, culminating in the final battle with The Dark One himself! Dungeon Hearts is available now for $2.99(USD).
"Four spirits race across the land, burdened with tragedy. Within each lies the specter of guilt and fear, which The Dark One bends to his will to enact his resurrection. They realize the deception too late as the promise of salvation turns to betrayal. A black wind washes over the planes, turning all to ash. As the fallen heroes face the engulfing void, a spark of hope clings to life. When the demon peered into their hearts to learn their secrets, so too did they learn his..."
- Puzzle/RPG Hybrid – Quickly align runes within the rapid match-three puzzle system to wield devastating attacks, defend against enemy offensives, and unleash multi-hero combos.
- The Fatestream – Plan your strategy under pressure with dozens of different runes linked to each hero and defend against powerful attacks and dreaded hexes cast by enemies against your heroes.
- Four Unique Heroes – Balance the individual skills of each hero and level them up to unlock and unleash a dozen different special powers for new attacks, healing magic, and time-altering spells.
- Limitless Adventure – Face a randomly generated battle sequence with every new adventure and battle against a bestiary of over 40 creatures and 7 bosses lurking around ten unique environments.
- Brimming with Secrets – Each defeated enemy reveals a sliver of the world's lore and the heroes' history.
- A Vibrant Soundscape – Unlock 4 bonus soundtracks, each in a different musical genre.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 400 MB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Buy Dungeon Hearts
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Sets Sail At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store is now offering Aspyr Media's Civilization IV: Colonization for purchase. Colonization is the third offering from Aspyr to the popular Civilization IV franchise and challenges players to lead one of four European nations on a quest to colonize the New World.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is the third offering in the award winning Civilization IV series. A re-imagining of the classic Colonization game Sid Meier created in 1994, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is a total conversion of the Civilization IV engine into a game experience in which players will lead a European nation on their quest to colonize and thrive in the New World. Players will be challenged to guide their people from the oppressive motherland, discover a New World, negotiate, trade and fight as they acquire great power and battle for their freedom and independence.Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is available now for $19.95 (USD).
- Classic Game Design Rebuilt for the Modern Era: Usher forth a new generation of Sid Meier's Colonization gameplay built on the award-winning Civilization IV engine, providing the beautiful visuals, famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier strategy games.
- Fight the Homeland and Establish a New Nation: Play as the English, Spanish, French or the Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland.
- Improved Diplomacy: Sustain peace and support your followers as you engage in advanced negotiations with natives, other colonists and the hostile homeland - Trade resources, gold and land as you build the foundation for a self-sufficient and powerful colony.
- Historical Figures Provide Adaptive Gameplay: Acquire founding fathers such as John Smith, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams who will help guide your nation to freedom based on your gameplay style.
- Brand New Interface: Both Civilization IV fans and players new to the series will feel right at home with an interface that Firaxis has built to be accessible and easy to navigate.
- Multiplayer Offers Endless Replay Value: Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
- Mods & Community Tools: Players will have limitless options for modifying the game to suit their needs. Firaxis will ship the game with modding tools including a map editor using XML and Python.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 3.5 GB HD Space
- 128 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon X1600
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Civilization IV: Colonization does NOT require the original Civ IV to play
Civilization IV: Colonization
Buy Civilization IV: Colonization
Use Stealth And Cunning To Find The Light
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Just a Pixel and Team17 have announced the release of Light for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs. Described as a stylistic minimalist stealth game Light challenges players to use stealth, both physical and electronic, to avoid capture as they work to uncover their identity and location.
Step into a sinister world of corruption, deceit and shadowy organisations! Light casts you in the role of a man with no memory. After waking up in a strange yet familiar location it’s clear that something’s very, very wrong. Who are you? Where are you? Perhaps most of all, what happened to you? As the protagonist in Light you must use stealth and cunning to navigate around a wonderfully minimalistic-looking environment. Can you succeed in your quest and thwart a plan on a global scale?Light is available now for $12.99.
Don’t just avoid detection, use subterfuge as well. Hack computer terminals to disable security cameras, lock and unlock doors and more. Collect data, fragmented e-mails, memos and scientific reports to slowly piece together the story of Light.
Light combines unique game mechanics, atmospheric visuals and a gripping narrative to breathe new life into a much loved genre. Combat is your last option and technology your first, can you evade capture and solve the mystery? Do you have what it takes to step out of the shadows and into the Light?
- Challenging Single Player - Light features a challenging single player story as you work through over ten levels attempting to evade capture, hack computers and steal classified documents. Infiltrate research labs, escape prisons, outwit security officers inside shopping malls and break into heavily guarded server farms!
- Replay levels to increase your score and rating.
- Immersive Stealth Mechanics - Use your surroundings to evade capture in this minimalist-looking action-stealth game. Use your sight to locate the whereabouts of would be pursuers and deftly avoid detection. Make the system work for you, as you hack your way through levels. Can’t avoid a security camera? Simply hack it!
- Stash unconscious guards in cupboards or simply overwrite electronic locking systems to ensure other guards can’t enter rooms. See everyone and everything’s line of sight. View every footstep and blend in with the crowd by donning disguises and mingling with non-threatening civilians and office workers that litter each and every level.
- Involved storyline to be uncovered by the player - start the game with a blank canvas. It’s up to you to discover not only who you are, but what is happening too. Even as you slowly piece together the story and events leading up to where the game starts you’ll soon realise you not only have to work out what is happening but find a way to stop it.
- Enjoy the story in fragmented snippets that require you to knit them all together. Deploy stealth, hack computers and steal documents to uncover the truth about project Light!
- OS: OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400m
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Monday, July 14, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.