Out Of The Park Baseball 15 Update Adds 3D Ball Physics
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Out of the Park Developments recently announced the release of a new update for Out of the Park Baseball 15, the company's baseball management game. The new version offers physics-based 3D ball flight and improvements to the 3D stadium editor among other additions and fixes. OOTP 15 includes a revamped interface, 3D ballpark support, more league options, the 2014 open day major league roster, and additional real international leagues.
OOTP 15's 4th Update:
- Improved 3D ball flight engine, using realistic physics-based calculations
- Improved 3D ballpark importer / editor
- Improved memory management resulting in increased stability and speed, especially with large games
- Free agent compensation / arbitration is now more realistic. OOTP correctly assigns FA comp status to all free agent-eligible players who stayed on the team the entire year, and compensation draft picks are only given when the user/AI offered arbitration to this player
- Draft picks with signability of "impossible" no longer state their demand. You have just one shot to convince the player with a great offer.
- Added the option to hide player nicknames (in the player personality section of the game setup)
- Improved the league events editor. When in commish mode, users can edit the dates of existing events and also create events using the internal event types. That way experienced users may fix problems with events caused by league scheduling errors.
- Improved in-game AI for several situations
- Improved in-game play-by-play commentary
- Moved the "Force Start / Position" section in the player strategy screen from the depth chart strategy to the pitching strategy for pitchers and renamed it "Force Role."
- Re-ordered the items in the team menu to match the order of tabs on the team screen
- Fixed issues with touchpads on Macs
- Fixed several bugs and rare crashes
Learn more at the links below.
OOTP 15 Latest News & Discounts
Out Of The Park Baseball 15 (add to watch list)
Buy Out Of The Park Baseball 15
Guns Of Icarus Online Lands At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Guns of Icarus Online from Muse Games is now available for purchase at Mac Game Store. The post-apocalyptic cooperative airship combat game mixes together first-person shooter action with team-based strategy to challenge aspiring airship pilots and crew to conquer the skies.
Hop aboard a steampunk airship with friends and play as Gunner, Engineer, or Pilot. Gun down dirigibles, repair your way out of danger, pilot the ship into combat. Are you a decisive Captain or dutiful Crew? Teamwork is required to survive the skies of the premier airship combat game: GUNS OF ICARUS ONLINE! Guns of Icarus Online is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Guns Of Icarus Online Trailer
Raising the stakes on team-based PvP combat with an emphasis on strategic competition and truly cooperative play, Guns of Icarus Online is the best airship-to-airship combat game thatís all about teamwork, tactics, and fast-paced action. With a good ship and the right crew, you can conquer the skies!
- Richly crafted steampunk/dieselpunk-inspired world
- Genre-busting gameplay with strategy, navigation, shooter, and time-management elements
- Pick a role to suit your play style: Pilot, Gunner, or Engineer
- Choose your airship and its weaponry to execute the perfect strategy as a Captain
- Form a group with up to 3 other friends and crew a ship together
- Integrated voice chat and commands keep you in constant contact with your teammates
- Diverse ship classes and tons of weapons to choose from with realistic flight and projectile physics
- Massive air battles with up to 32 players in a match
- Multiple game modes including Deathmatch, King of the Hill, and Crazy King
- Create, join, and manage your clan and battle with other clans in tournaments and events for unique rewards
- Rise in the ranks! Earn titles and cosmetic items as you progress
- Achievement system fully integrated with Steam achievements
- Balanced, competitive matches reward strategic, skillful play, not level grinding
- Show off your style with a wide range of ship and character cosmetic options in the in-game store with an amazing dye system
- 1st person and 3rd person camera modes
- Custom games with spectator mode for streaming and tournament play
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Broadband Internet connection required
Muse Games (add to watch list)
Guns Of Icarus Online (add to watch list)
Buy Guns Of Icarus Online
Monsters Lurk In Pillars Of Eternity
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released a new informational update for Pillars of Eternity, the upcoming Kickstarter funded fantasy RPG. The post includes details about some of the creatures players may encounter during their journeys, as well as some details about the game development documentary some backers will receive for their Kickstarter contributions.
BlightCheck out all the details at the page below.
Pillars Of Eternity Creature Update
Blights are lost souls or soul fragments that have bonded with elemental substances. They are often victims of natural disasters (floods, rock slides, forest fires, etc.). They are incoherent, confused, and full of rage, an amorphous cloud that swirls endlessly and with great violence. Within the vortex, dozens of humanoid shapes materialize and vanish from moment to moment. Faces scream in silent agony while hands desperately clutch and claw at their surroundings, as though still trying to escape their tragic fates.
BÓaŵacs, storms that can rip the soul out of a personís body, often create blights. If souls are ripped free from their bodies and caught in the center of the storm, they may become stuck together and bonded with any other elemental substances in the maelstrom. They are pure chaos and confusion, and destroying them is considered by many to be a mercy to the souls trapped within them.
Blights have been the subject of controversial research carried out by the animancers of Eora. On the one hand, attempts at vivisection have led to promising strides in treating patients who, for one reason or another, contain within their bodies two or more complete souls fused together, which has been identified as the root cause of a variety of mental and physiological disorders. On the other, however, some groups lament that there is a lack of transparency on the methods being employed in these experiments, the general concerns being that these might be somehow inhumane or present some broader risk to the surrounding populace. There are also some who accuse animancers of deliberately trying to create blights for study, but the veracity of these claims is difficult to substantiate.
Pillars Of Eternity (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, July 14, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.