The Wolf Among Us One Last Time On July 8
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Telltale Games recently announced that the fifth and final episode in The Wolf Among Us series will be released on July 8. Based on Bill Willingham's award-winning comic book series FABLES and licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Episode 5: Cry Wolf concludes the saga of Bigby Wolf.
Following a bloody trail of murder and corruption, Bigby Wolf confronts a powerful enemy: a dark force that has been feeding on the desperation of Fabletown's seedy underbelly. But when hidden truths are revealed, you must decide exactly what justice means in the gripping season finale of The Wolf Among Us.Check out the links below for more information.
The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Trailer
From the makers of the 2012 Game of the Year: The Walking Dead comes a gritty, violent and mature thriller based on the award-winning Fables comic books (DC Comics/Vertigo). As Bigby Wolf - THE big bad wolf - you will discover that a brutal, bloody murder is just a taste of things to come in a game series where your every decision can have enormous consequences.
An evolution of Telltale's ground-breaking choice and consequence game mechanics will ensure the player learns that even as Bigby Wolf (THE Big Bad Wolf), Sheriff of Fabletown, life in the big bad city is bloody, terrifying and dangerous.
Over a season of content spanning across 5 episodes:
Episode 1: FaithFeatures:
Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors
Episode 3: A Crooked Mile
Episode 4: In Sheep’s Clothing
Episode 5: Cry Wolf
- From the team that brought you 2012 Game of the Year, The Walking Dead
- Based on the Eisner Award-winning Fables comic book series
- Now, it’s not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect your story, but WHEN you choose to do it
- A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world
- A perfect place to begin your Fables journey, even if you’ve not read the comics; this game is set before the events seen in the first issue
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
The Wolf Among Us - Season Pass (add to watch list)
Buy The Wolf Among Us - Season Pass
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Landing October 24
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
2K and Firaxis Games have announced an October 24 release date for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, a new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise. Currently in development by Firaxis Games for Windows-based PCs, the game will also be coming to Mac and Linux via Aspyr Media. Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will send players on an expedition from Earth to lead their people into a new frontier to explore and colonize an alien planet, and create a new civilization.
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of human civilization beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game, by exploring humanity’s future on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen destiny. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technological progression, deeper customization of chosen factions, and an entire alien world that will change the very identity of each faction based on their choices.Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will be available for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs for $49.99.
“Having celebrated its 23rd anniversary last year, Civilization has cemented its reputation as one of the greatest and longest running franchises in video game history,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth builds upon that success by pushing the series in new directions with players exploring an unknown future on an alien planet.”
“The Civ team was excited about the opportunity to continue the story of Civilization into the future, because it allows the team to break free of historical context,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “We’ve always let our fans create the history of mankind, and Civilization: Beyond Earth will now let them create the future.”
Key features of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth include:
- Seed the Adventure: Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.
- Alien World: Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.
- New Technology Web: Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- New Quest System: Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.
- New Orbital Layer: Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
Fans who pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth from participating retailers will receive the Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, at launch.
This map pack includes:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
For more information visit the site below and check out a new trailer on YouTube.
Beyond Earth Video
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (add to watch list)
My Exotic Farm Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
My Exotic Farm from Anuman Interactive is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The game challenges players to build a successful animal farm by taking care of 50 different animals and completing a variety of challenges.
Build your farm and take care of around 50 different animals under the guidance of your friendly farmer neighbors.My Exotic Farm is available now for $6.99 (USD).
My Exotic Farm (add to watch list)
Get yourself organized so you can feed, clean and treat your new extended family. You'll be an expert in Giraffes, Lions and Crocodiles in no time!
Develop your business as you buy new equipment for your animals and build the most beautiful farm around.
- Many different species
- Build your own farm
- A host of challenges to complete
- Bonuses, upgrades and buildings to unlock
- Take care of your animals by feeding and cleaning them
- Colorful graphics that change with the seasons
Buy My Exotic Farm
Warlords Of Draenor Enters Beta Testing
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment recently announced the next expansion for its popular fantasy MMO World of Warcraft has entered beta testing. Warlords of Draenor, the fifth expansion for the game, will send players to Draenor "at a pivotal moment in history to fight against and alongside legends from Warcraft’s brutal past."
Warlords of Draenor will feature player constructed strongholds, revamped character models and animations, a new level cap of 100, and a variety of new zones, dungeons, raids, scenarios, and battlegrounds. The expansion will also enable any player to boost one character to level 90 so they can enjoy the new content as soon as possible.
This phase of the beta test focuses on the Tanaan Jungle starting experience and allows players to continue on into Shadowmoon Valley (Alliance) and Frostfire Ridge (Horde). High-level content will become available for testing in future updates. Level-90 character templates are available if you’d like to try a new character, or you can copy over your own high-level characters. Head over to the page below for more information about the game.
Warlords Of Draenor Beta Testing
As there’s no NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for the Warlords of Draenor beta test, those invited to play are free to take screenshots and movies or stream game content. Please keep in mind that the expansion is still in development—we’ll be making changes to the game as the beta evolves, and what you’ll see during the beta test is not necessarily representative of the final game.
Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from their Battle.net account. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Warlords of Draenor beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Monday, June 30, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.