Divinity: Original Sin Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios has announced the release of its co-op fantasy RPG, Divinity: Original Sin.. Among other things the Kickstarter game features an isometric view point, party-based gameplay, turn-based combat, choice and consequence, character and party development, and a large interactive world filled with characters and items.
After a successful million-dollar crowdfunding campaign and several months of rigorous play on Steam Early Access, Larian Studios is excited to officially launch its biggest and best role-playing game to date, Divinity: Original Sin. Available now for just $39.99, Divinity: Original Sin delivers just about everything you could ever want in an RPG, including co-operative play, turn-based combat, deep character creation, crafting, the ability to talk to animals, an extensive adventure editor and... well, just watch the Feature Trailer to see it all.Follow the links below for more information and a how-to video on using the game's toolkit.
Divinity Original Sin Toolset Video
About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration... There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
Divinity Original Sin Trailer
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
Wargame: Red Dragon Lands At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Wargame: Red Dragon from Focus Home Interactive and Eugen Systems is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The cross platform multiplayer real time strategy title drops players into the midst of an Asian conflict in the years between 1975 and 1991.
The new reference in RTS at its best! Wargame: Red Dragon is now available for $39.99 (USD).
Wargame Red Dragon Trailer
The Wargame series returns to duty, larger, richer and more spectacular than ever before. In Wargame Red Dragon, you are engaged in a large-scale conflict where Western forces clash against the Communist bloc.
1991: the two blocs confront each other in a new theater of war, Asia, joined by various other countries: Japan, China, North Korea, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
You command the military resources of all 17 nations involved, assembling your fighting force from a phenomenal selection of 1,450 units that have been meticulously reproduced from their source! Command tanks, planes, helicopters, new warships and amphibious units in intense battles of unequaled tactical depth. Master the relief of varied, ultra realistic battlefields, dominate the new maritime areas and rewrite history in a conflict that has been directed and designed in stunning detail by development studio Eugen Systems.
Wargame Red Dragon is thrilling in single-player mode with its new dynamic campaign system, and also offers an extensive multiplayer mode where up to 20 players can compete against each other simultaneously.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Wargame: Red Dragon (add to watch list)
Buy Wargame: Red Dragon
Second Chance Heroes Launches July 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Rocket City Studios has announced a July 4 release for Second Chance Heroes. The action title gives players the chance to take the role of one of 12 unique warriors cloned from the DNA of famous historical figures like Joan of Arc and Abraham Lincoln, battling hordes of aliens, robots, and undead bent on destroying the world. Players can join forces with up to three other players to smash their enemies.
Second Chance Heroes is a cooperative arcade action game where you collect and play as history's greatest heroes to take on an apocalypse of the absurd! Made weak by over-exposure to kitten videos, reality TV and ironic photos of bacon, the citizens of the modern world are entirely unprepared when the end of the world arrives! Unable to save ourselves from evil robots, nuclear missiles, sentient fast food, alien invasions and hordes of the undead, our only hope lies in the past. Put together a dream team of cloned heroes drawn from throughout human history and use them to push back the apocalyptic tide! Or don't and just let the zombie chickens eat your face.Check out the site below for more about the game.
Second Chance Heroes (add to watch list)
Mount & Blade: Warband Rides Onto Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TaleWorlds Entertainment and Paradox Interactive have announced the Steam debut of a Mac beta for its action RPG, Mount & Blade: Warband. The game gives players the chance to assemble their own band of hardened warriors and set out to sieze the throne of Calradia, a land torn asunder by war.
Today we are very pleased to announce that Mount&Blade Warband is extending its supported platforms to OSX and Linux! Currently, this should just be seen as a beta test as there are known (and probably unknown) bugs to be resolved but those of you with OSX or Linux machines can play the game right now on Steam. Learn more at the links below.
Mount & Blade: Warband Mac Beta
To try out the beta on your Linux or Mac computer with Steam just complete the following steps:
Hopefully you all enjoy the game on its new platforms and let us know if you encounter any bugs! Though it should be functioning pretty well already and is certainly playable.
- Right click "Mount&Blade Warband" in your Steam Library and select "Properties".
- In the window that pops up, navigate to the " BETAS" tab and select "Mac/Linux beta" in the dropdown menu.
- Install the game and play!
Note: Napoleonic Wars is not yet supported but will be in the near future.
About the Game
In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
- Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
- New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
- Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
- A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
- The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
- The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
- Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
- Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
- New motion-captured combat animations
- Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending
- The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
- Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
- The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
- Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team
Mount & Blade: Warband (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, June 30, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.