Marvel Heroes 2015 Officially Launches For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Gazillion Entertainment has officially announced the Mac release of Marvel Heroes 2015, the latest iteration of the free online action RPG based in the Marvel Universe. The Mac launch coincides with the release of Silver Surfer, the 35th and latest hero to be added to the playable roster of heroes.
"This was one of the most popular requests from our players and as an Apple fan myself; I am very happy to announce that Marvel Heroes 2015 has now arrived on Mac," said David Brevik, CEO, Gazillion. "Marvel Heroes 2015 brings players our best gaming experience to date and Mac players will benefit from this on day one, including the ability to receive our 365 anniversary gifts. PC or Mac, it's a great day to be a Marvel Heroes 2015 player."Head over to the official site below for more information.
Marvel Heroes 2015
"Gazillion continues to make the best gaming experience possible with Marvel Heroes 2015 and we're pleased to see that Mac players will now have an opportunity to play," said T.Q. Jefferson, Marvel Entertainment's Vice President of Production, Games.
With day one access to new features including the Battle of Muspelheim Raid, Omega System and Daily Shared Quests as well as the continued one-month anniversary celebration, Marvel Heroes 2015 introduces the best experience possible for Mac players.
Similar to the PC version, Marvel Heroes 2015 on Mac will receive the same content updates from Gazillion including new heroes, costumes, modes, and improvements each and every month. Along with the release of the latest playable hero, Silver Surfer, PC and Mac players can look forward to more features launching throughout the anniversary month and beyond including:
Minimum Mac Requirements:
- Achievements: Account-wide and hero-specific achievements
- Login Rewards: A system that rewards dedicated players
- End of Anniversary surprise
OSX 10.8, Intel Core 2 Duo or better processor, 512MB video card (NVIDIA 9600m GT, Intel HD 4000 or better), 4GB RAM, 30GB HDD, Broadband Internet.
Summer Sale Sizzles At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
The seasons change and Mac Game Store has announced its annual Summer Sale on a trove of Macintosh games. Visit now to Save up to 75% off select Macintosh games including favorites such as BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and more.
Check out the full list at the link below, and visit the MGS Specials section for a list of other great deals.
Mac Game Store Summer Sale
Mac Game Store Specials
Mac Game Store
Construct A Prison In Monument Builders: Alcatraz
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's Monument Builders: Alcatraz is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The game gives players the chance to turn back the clock and participate in the construction of the most famous prison in the United States.
In Monument Builders: Alcatraz, oversee the construction of the most famous prison in the United States, while learning many other anecdotes along the way!Monument Builders: Alcatraz is available now for $8.99 (USD), 10% off the regular price.
Monument Builders: Alcatraz
Help contractor Lloyd Andrews gather the resources needed to complete work on the prison. Manage your workers skillfully to finish the levels in time, while repelling attacks from Call Palone's hired thugs as they try to send your project to the bottom of the bay!
Alcatraz Island is located near San Francisco Bay and attracts over a million tourists every year. The island is also famed for possessing the oldest operating lighthouse on the West Coast and was once a nesting site for countless pelicans, called "alcatraces" in archaic Spanish!
Alcatraz prison is renowned for inspiring many films and books, and gained notoriety for housing such famous inmates as Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelly, Alvin Karpis (Public Enemy #1), Robert Stroud and Arthur "Doc" Barker.
- Check out the "Monument Builders" resource management series
- Use your skill and cunning to build Alcatraz on time!
- Defend your site against mobsters
- Learn scores of genuine anecdotes about Alcatraz
- 50 varied and challenging game levels!
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1.3 Ghz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 256 MB RAM
- 150 MB HD Space
Buy Monument Builders: Alcatraz
Trainz Simulator 2 Pulls Into The Station
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
N3V Games' Trainz Simulator 2 for Mac is now available for purchase through Mac Game Store. The train sim sequel gives players the chance to build and operate the railroad of their dreams, constructing either small track layouts in a few minutes, or sprawling 100+ mile routes.
Trianz Simulator 2 is the biggest and best 3D Train Simulator on Mac allowing you to Build and operate the railroad of your dreams. You can build a fun layout in minutes, faithfully recreate a steam railroad from days gone by or develop a fully fledged 100+ mile prototypical route; the choice is yours. Trainz Simulator is available now for $19.99 (USD), 50% off the regular price.
Trainz Simulator 2
Play and Interact with other Trainz players from all over the world
Drive Steam, Diesel and Electric Trains (and even trams, boats and cars)
Operate a complete working rail line with interactive industries
Build and customize your own living railroad
Share your creations and your passion with other rail fans
- Southern China
- ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle
- Balezino - Mosti
- Debrecen - Nyiregyhaza
- Mojave Sub Division
- Municipal transit railway
- Norfolk & Western - Appalachian Coal
- Northeast Corridor - Wilmington To Philadelphia
- Feel what its like to put your hands on the controls of powerful locomotives as they steam through towns, cities and rolling countryside
- Design and Build your own railroads with Trainz Surveyor and access hundreds of thousands of assets from the Trainz Download Station
- Share your enthusiasm with other rail fans as your combine your efforts to operate a working rail line in the new Trainz Multiplayer.
- Satellite View - Zoom all the way out and view your railroad from satellite distance
- Brand new interactive Railyard to test drive all your locomotives and consists!
- Purchase and download hundreds of thousands of free assets and all the latest DLC right from within the game
- New Routes and Session Menus
- More realistic trees with new SpeedTree Assets
- Backward compatible with TS2010 content
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB HD Space
- Mac OS X 10.9
- 8 GB Ram
- Min 20GB HD Space (max limit depends on installed user content)
- Intel i3 CPU and above GPU
- Intel Iris with 1024 MB RAM
- Active internet connection required to play multiplayer, download content and validate DLC purchases
Buy Trainz Simulator 2
A Guide To Call Of Duty On Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac Gamer HQ has posted a new article focusing on the popular military shooter series, Call of Duty. The piece focuses on the games which have made their way to Mac users and offers advice for those considering taking the CoD plunge.
It all started over 10 years ago with the original Call of Duty. That game was simply mind-blowing. The graphics, the scale of the battles, the Multiplayer, it puts all the competition to shame.Check out the full article at the link below.
Mac Gamer HQ: Call Of Duty Guide
The games only got better from there (peaking perhaps with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) and the fact each game breaks a new sales record is telling. The formula is well-known: Solid graphics, Hollywood-worthy single player campaigns and extremely intense Multiplayer modes. In fact, the Multiplayer is so good, most players skip the single-player campaign altogether and go straight to Team Deathmatch (I know I do)!
But the success doesn’t prevent people from criticizing the franchise. The graphics feel stale, yes, and the formula has barely changed since Modern Warfare. Still, Call of Duty is one of the Mac Gaming’s cornerstone franchises, offering some of the Top First-Person Shooters. Not all Call of Duties has made it to the Mac, but you would be surprised by the choices you currently have. This guide is meant to introduce you to all the Call of Duties out there and help you chose the best one for you. Starting with the latest…
Buy Call Of Duty Titles At Mac Game Store
Early Access To Interplanetary At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The Early Access version of Interplanetary from TJR Games Oy is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Currently in development, the game offers turn-based strategy in the form of an artillery game set on an interplanetary battlefield. To succeed players will need to improve their planet's offensive capabilities with railguns, missles, and even beam weapons.
INTERPLANETARY IS A STEAM EARLY ACCESS GAME. MOBILE BROADBAND IS CURRENTLY NOT SUPPORTED FOR ONLINE PLAY. EXPECT BUGS AND MISSING FEATURES BEFORE THE FINAL RELEASE UPDATE.Interplantary is available now for $4.99 (USD), 50% off the regular price.
Interplanetary is a turn-based strategy artillery game based on a hard scifi setting. It offers players an interplanetary battlefield where they can develop their home planets and use massive artilleries to wage war.
It's an arms race of interplanetary scale, with each planet developing increasingly powerful railguns, missiles and even beam weapons. Sometimes, the greatest foe is the unpredictable planetary system with its treacherous gravity wells. Mind your surroundings, use them to your advantage and blast your enemies back to the stone age!
Interplanetary is a Steam Early Access game, meaning you will have a chance to take part in its development by providing feedback and you'll also receive all the future updates up until the final release version. Major upcoming features include a Single Player Skirmish Mode against the AI, deeper City Management Mechanics and more structures & weapons.
- Challenge your friends in hotseat, LAN or online matches.
- Build and manage your planet's infrastructure.
- Gather resources and decide the most efficient use for them.
- Research and develop increasingly futuristic technologies.
- Spy on your enemies to reveal their planets' weak points.
- Use your artillery constructions to aim through the planetary system, avoiding other celestial bodies and their gravity.
- Fire your railguns, missiles and beam weapons to annihilate the enemy and claim the planetary system for your civilization!
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4850
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Online multiplayer may not work with 3G, 4G etc. connections
Larian Unveils Toolset & Cow Sim For Divinity: Original Sin
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios recently announced that the editor for Divinity: Original Sin will be available on June 26 as part of the Early Access beta. Larian also revealed that a sample module, Cow Simulator 2014, will showcase some of the kinds of things industrious modders will be able to accomplish with the tool.
Not only is the Divinity: Original Sin editor the first multiplayer game editor since Neverwinter Nights, it comes with a sample module called Cow Simulator 2014.Divinity: Original Sin is scheduled to launch June 30. Click over to the pages below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin New Trailer
Cow Simulator 2014 is perhaps the finest cow simulation ever released. It serves as an example mod for would-be creators and permits users to play as a cow (even in co-op with up to 4 players) and complete a quest or fight in the arena.
The Divinity Engine Toolkit allows players to:
- Make new adventures that you can play in singleplayer or multiplayer
- You can modify the main campaign or create your own
- Manipulate terrain and edit existing models and textures
- Write your own stories and dialogs
- Create behaviors and scripts with easy-to-use scripting language
- Alter existing or add new skills, stats and spells
- 1-click export to Steam Workshop
- Add and manage your mods via Steam Workshop or inside the game
Divinity: Original Sin
Buy Divinity: Original Sin
Unearth The Stars In We Are The Dwarves!
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
An IMG reader has alerted us to a newly launched Kickstarter campaign to fund We Are The Dwarves!, a new real time tactics title focusing on three dwarves searching for the Stars in a Stone Universe. In a world with no day and night players will assist the dwarves in their quest with a mixture of "action slasher" and tactical gameplay. Whale Rock Games is hoping to gather at least $120,000 before the campaign ends on August 8.
The game is about trio of dwarves in the Universe of the Eternal Stone. Depending on player's tactics characters can either fight or hide from their enemies. The hostile creatures have real “senses” from hearing to smell, our heroes have different abilities to combat, our world has so many mysteries, that you just NEED to be a part of it all. Learn more at the links below.
Kickstarter: We Are The Dwarves!
The Ancient Deep Ocean is like a mysterious portal for the dwarven people. The legends told about ancient giant monsters living there, but as our trio have found out later - those were not just legends...
- Single-player controlling from one to all three characters;
- Real-time tactical combat in a unique fantastic setting;
- Stealth or slasher mode of the level - depending on player;
- Active game pause, sequence of moves (stack of commands);
- Environment interactions, natural traps, battlefield alteration.
The most advanced race in the world of the Eternal Stone is the race of dwarves. In the game we can find three clans of them gathered around different colour Stars – the Engineers, the Warriors and the Disciples. They all are technically developed and not really into war, but they can protect themself if needed.
Our main characters are the drillonauts, each from the different clan, who were chosen to go on the drill-like “spaceship” (which is more “stoneship” here) searching for new Stars. They are going to meet unknown ancient creatures and primitive civilizations in the entirely different hollows of the World…
We Are The Dwarves!
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.