Divinity: Original Sin Early Mac Version Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Larian Studios recently announced that the Mac version of its upcoming fantasy RPG Divinity: Original Sin, is now available for Early Access on Steam thanks to a recent update to the game. The game will feature an isometric view, party-based gameplay, turn-based combat, choice & consequence, character development, party development, a large world to explore, and drop-in/drop-out multiplayer.
About the Mac VersionDivinity: Original Sin is scheduled for a June 20 release. Check out the links below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
The Mac version features full Retina support, an improved “Laptop Optimized” mode, and support for a wide range of systems. Purchase of either the Mac or PC version of the game grants you access to both versions.
The minimum system required is Mac OS X 10.8/10.9 with 4GB of memory. The game will run on Intel HD 3000 & 4000 graphics cards, but those should be considered minimum requirements. For integrated chipsets like Intel Graphics, we highly recommend 8GB of memory.
For detailed system specs, please visit http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/blog.php?news=54.
About the Steam Update
About Divinity: Original Sin
- Mac & PC players can now play together.
- New 'Laptop Optimized' mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you're travelling by air, sky, or sea. Touchpad control support is also added.
- Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
- The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
- The treasure generation has been completely revamped
- Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
- The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds
- Skills and spells can now be “unlearned" and also have requirements
- 10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements
- New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
- Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another character’s inventory and more
- Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration... There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
Divinity: Original Sin Steam Early Access
Uncover Mahjong Secrets At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store recently added Playrix's Mahjong Secrets to its growing list of game titles available for purchase and download at the store. This version of the popular tile matching game features a storyline, over 100 unique mahjong layouts, quests, and mini-games.
Plunge into the intricacies of royal life with this all-new Mahjong game! One day the kingdom's young Princess finds out that she has a twin sister kidnapped many years ago. Help reunite the royal family! Set out on a mysterious journey: solve quests and mini games, enjoy dozens of different layouts and reveal the Mahjong Secrets!Mahjong Secrets is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Mahjong Secrets (add to watch list)
- 100+ different mahjong layouts
- Bright association-based hidden object scenes
- Fun quests and mini-games
- Reveal the royal mysteries with Mahjong Secrets!
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 1.6 GHz Intel Mac
- 205 MB HD Space
Buy Mahjong Secrets
The Chanters And Priests Of Pillars Of Eternity
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released a new informational update for Pillars of Eternity, the upcoming Kickstarter funded fantasy RPG. The post includes details about and movie footage for Chanters and Priests, two of the character classes available to players.
Chanters are storytellers and repositories of ancient lore from myriad cultural traditions. They use these stories and legends to stir the memories of the dreaming lost souls and soul fragments that surround them. The spirits respond by creating magical effects, essentially playing their part in the recreation of the legends. In this way, chanters act as directors of supernatural actors playing out momentary plays for the chanter's benefit. Due to their heavy focus on folktales and storytelling, they have an inherent bonus to Lore. As explorers of many lost and forgotten vaults dating back to Eora's antiquity, chanters also have a bonus to Mechanics, helping them bypass tricky locks and traps.Check out the full update at the site linked below.
Pillars Of Eternity Chanters & Priests
To use their special kind of magic, chanters link together individual short phrases from different legends to create longer chants. The phrases have distinctive, thematically-appropriate effects that are of low power but can be applied while the chanter is engaged in other combat activities. As one phrase ends and another begins, the effects of the first phrase will linger, allowing multiple phrases to overlap with each other. Through the clever overlapping of phrases, chanters can grant their allies a sizable stack of minor bonuses.
But chanters aren't entirely about their passive phrases and chants. With each phrase that passes, chanters gain greater control over the spirits assisting them. When enough control is gained, chanters can direct them to perform a single powerful spell called an invocation. Invocations are often support-oriented, but some contain powerful offensive effects. Invocations are so powerful that they disrupt a chanter's chants, disabling their effects for several seconds until the chanter can recover.
Pillars Of Eternity (add to watch list)
Rampage Knights Status Update
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Rake in Grass recently posted a new blog entry about the upcoming Rampage Knights combat action title. The article includes details about changes to the game's visual perspective, map, and fighting mechanics. Described as a "cooperative multiplayer beat 'em up game for up to 4 players ," Rampage Knights will soon be the subject of Indiegogo and Steam Greenlight campaigns.
You might guess the development so far was quite a labor. The initial idea seemed easy enough. After we enjoyed the hell out of The Binding of Isaac, we thought, it will be cool to take this random generating formula (we have some experience with that thanks to our old game Larva Mortus) and mix it with melee combat! Something we like and know well from games like Golden Axe or Castle Crashers. We were sure this is going to be epic. And an epic struggle it was :). I don’t remember ever having to rework so many things that looked fine on paper, but didn’t work once we created and tested them. Here are the three main changes that happened to the game:Read the full post at the link below.
Rampage Knights Update
Rampage Knights (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 16, 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Monday, May 12, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.