Divinity: Original Sin Releasing June 20
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios has celebrated the one year anniversary of a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund its upcoming fantasy RPG, Divinity: Original Sin, with the announcement of a June 20 release date for the title. Larian also revealed that Mac users will soon be able to check out the game on Steam Early Access.
Exactly one year ago, Larian Studios celebrated the end of a million-dollar crowdfunding campaign in support of its innovative, old-school-inspired RPG, Divinity: Original Sin. Today, the studio celebrates this anniversary by announcing an official release date of June 20th 2014. Hand in hand with this announcement comes a new gameplay trailer highlighting just how many new features and worlds of content community support has leant this project.Follow the links below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin Gameplay Trailer
About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration... There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.
Divinity: Original Sin Release Details
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
Buy Divinity: Original Sin
Patrician IV Sets Up Shop At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Kalypso Media and Runesoft's Patrician IV is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The fourth installment in the classic trade simulation series puts players in the role of a northern European merchant during the Middle Ages in the time of a thriving Hanseatic League. Starting with common goods players will build their empire to eventually become leader of the trading league.
Patrician IV is the sequel to the historical trading simulation and strategy series. You are a merchant in northern Europe in the late Middle Ages when the Hanseatic League was flourishing. Your goal is to rise to the most successful and influential member of the Hanse, ultimately being elected Elderman, leader of the trading league. You start bargaining with common goods, build up your own production and establish a merchant fleet. Later on, you will gain more and more political influence and even found new towns.Patrician IV is available now for $29.99 (USD), 14% off the regular price.
Runesoft (add to watch list)
However, a Hanse merchant's life can also have its dark sides. On your way to power you have to hold your ground against fierce rivals, whom you have to fight with economic competition, price wars or impure means such as sabotage. Will you even engage in piracy?
- Complex trade system with trade routes between 26 towns.
- All towns are displayed in impressive and detailed 3D graphics.
- Intelligent rivals, dynamic weather and seasons influence gameplay.
- Be elected mayor of your home town in order to control construction projects like the city wall or special buildings.
- Compose your own merchant fleet from historical ship models and research new types.
- Arm your fleet with convoy ships and fight in impressive naval battles against pirates and rivals.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
Patrician IV (add to watch list)
Buy Patrician IV
Return To A Classic In realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
6:00 AM | IMG News | 6 comments
Mac Game Store has added realMyst: Masterpiece Edition to its list of titles available for download and purchase. Cyan Worlds' updated version of realMyst, which was itself a 3D real-time remake of the original Myst, features reconstructed models and textures; enhanced environments with dynamic water, weather, lighting, and foliage; as well as a redesigned interface.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is a beautifully updated version of realMYST for today’s Mac and Windows computers - celebrating the 20th anniversary of Myst! The models and textures have been reconstructed to provide an amazing graphical experience. The environments have been enhanced to provide dynamic water, weather, lighting, foliage, focus, and more. The interface has been redesigned to provide an enjoyable way to explore for both novices and gamers.realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is available now for $17.99 (USD).
Cyan (add to watch list)
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - this is not your father's Myst! It’s been 20 years since Myst became your world, and there's never been a better time to revisit the Ages. This newly refreshed and rebuilt version of realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Listen to the crickets as the sun sets in the Channelwood Age. Relax in the falling leaves in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And If you’ve ever been overwhelmed by realtime 3D - too many controls or too much motion - realMyst has something for you! You have the option to play the game just like the original Myst - with a simple point and click! Point where you want to go - click the mouse and you move through the world seamlessly to the new location. As a tribute to Myst’s 20th anniversary we’ve also added the original Myst images when you play in this Classic mode. Hold down the shift key and the original Myst image pops up, so you can see the difference and fondly remember that early Myst experience.
We’ve added plenty of new features to enhance and assist you on your journey. So whether you’re visiting Myst for the first time or you want to remember the first time - there’s never been a better reason to lose yourself and let the surrealistic Ages of realMyst become your world.
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees & grass
- Advanced graphic effects like bloom, blur, depth of field, etc.
- Day and night - watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night
- Flashlight - for exploring dark nights or dark corners
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Classic Point & Click navigation option - just like original Myst
- Free roam interface option - standard navigation controls
- Zip Mode in Classic navigation - hold down to keep walking
- Auto quality option - checks your frame rate and auto-adjust your quality
- Interactive Guides - illustrates how to interact with objects
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce
- Bookmark feature to save & restore progress
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
- realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Needs Shader Model 3.0 compliant video card, so not compatible with Mac models before 2009
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition (add to watch list)
Buy realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | 17 comments
Ubisoft's Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The latest entry in the long running RPG series puts players in charge of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around the city of Karthal.
After a decade, a Might & Magic® RPG is back with both the unique core formula and a new set of improved and fine-tuned features. The best RPG of its class! Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition is available for $26.99 (USD), 10% off the regular price.
Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition (add to watch list)
In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city.
Might & Magic® X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting open world and battle mythical powerful creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures!
The Deluxe Edition includes:
EXCLUSIVE DUNGEON WHEN IT RELEASES: THE DREAM SHARD
Explore the Dream Shard dungeon and pursue your quests in the Agyn Peninsula!
FIRST DLC: THE FALCON AND THE UNICORN
Deluxe Edition owners will get to enjoy the game’s very first DLC called the Falcon and the Unicorn for free when it releases.
Get the Might & Magic X – Legacy official soundtrack on audio CD and listen to thirteen unique compositions from the acclaimed duo of composers, Roc Chen and Jason Graves.
- Dive into vintage Might & Magic® - Discover an authentic franchise that defined early PC RPG gaming in the 80s! This classic and timeless RPG has returned after eleven years of waiting and has been adapted to today’s standards while respecting yesterday’s expectations. Old school, new rules!
- Create your party - Take control of a team of four adventurers chosen among four different races. Twelve classes are available, each one having their own skill system. Thousands of combinations are possible!
- Forge your own tactics - Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and unique bosses and accomplish unique quests, level up your group and gain new powerful artifacts.
- Discover a new part of Ashan - Explore the Agyn Peninsula – a totally new, unexplored environment in the Might & Magic universe. Get familiar with its epic wilderness and meet the locals who pack quite a few surprises…
- Explore twisted dungeons - Make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities, and labyrinths full of traps, and solve puzzles and riddles to rack your brain! Beware: You never know what’s hiding around the corner!
- Explore twisted dungeons - Build your own adventure and quests and share them with the community. The legacy is yours!
- Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later
- 3.2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB VRAM
Buy Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 25, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.