Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Available May 7
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Atlas U.S.A. and Big Finish Games have announced a delay in the release of Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, revealing it will now debut on May 7. The game is the first installment in the Tex Murphy adventure game series since it was brought back to life in a successful Kickstarter campaign. Players will take the role of the private investigator in a post-apocalyptic San Francisco, once again searching for clues, solving puzzles, and investigating crimes.
Tex Murphy wakes up – disoriented and head pounding – on the fire escape outside his office atop the Ritz Hotel. Another typical morning for the last of the old-school detectives. Except it isn’t. What starts out as the worst hangover in history becomes a baffling nightmare: something – or someone – has erased Tex’s memory of the past seven years. Motivated by lost love, revenge and the world’s strongest coffee blend, Tex must retrace his own steps into a maze of unsolved murders, hidden agendas and lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Only by solving the mysteries of his past can Tex hope to regain his memory in time to restore what’s been lost…and stop a terrifying future. Tesla Effect is available to pre-order now for $19.99 (USD).
Tex Murphy will finally be back in 2014 after leaving loyal fans on a cliffhanger for almost 16 years, so come get acquainted in a world filled with dangerous dames, morally ambiguous characters, and lots of mysteries to be solved.
Tesla Effect upgrades the classic Tex Murphy experience with HD live-action - that's right, for those of you not old enough to have played adventure games in the 90s, Tex Murphy embraces the lost art of green screen full-motion video as it interacts with fully modeled 3D environments. Players will be challenged with logic puzzles, interactive dialogue, branching storylines, and alternate endings.
Requirements (subject to change):
- Tex Murphy returns to add another incredible chapter to the classic adventure game series. Noir sci-fi with a very healthy dose of humor set the stage for Tex's latest mystery.
- The triumphant return of the FMV! With noteworthy actors and 1080 resolution, the colorful characters of 2050's San Francisco have never looked so good!
- The greatest mystery of the century is about to be unraveled. Tex needs to find out what's going on in a hurry, but he'll have to deal with mutants, killers, femme fatales, and a bad case of amnesia to get to the bottom of things.
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 16.6 GB HD Space
- 512 MB
Tex's self-proclaimed number one fan! However, once he's on the case, his more duplicitous personality surfaces. Is Mojo only in this only for himself? And the freebies?
Pretty sure she's never heard the phrase "do no harm"...the matter-of-fact doctor shows little interest in Tex's well being. Will her bedside manner be the death of Tex?
The new lieutenant of New San Francisco Police Department, Lt. Danwicz has had his eye on Tex for a very long time. Will he finally get to arrest the notorious vigilante Tex Murphy?
Rook is the crusty owner of the local Pawn Shop with a mean streak longer than his lifeline. But is that hard shell he shows to the world hiding a heart of gold? If it was, he would cut it out himself with a rusty soup can lid and sell it to the highest bidder.
Proprietor of the Brew of Stew Restaurant, Louie has a heart bigger than his waistline.
Brilliant scientist who sold his soul to the devil and got a pretty lousy return rate on it. He's been paying for his mistake ever since. Will he ever find redemption?
Front man for a mob money-laundering business who has now realized his time is running out. All sales are final with Zack.
This reasonably priced escort seems to know all of the city's secrets. She might be willing to share, but it'll cost you.
Learn more at the links below.
Tex Murphy Trailer
Tex Murphy April Video Update
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Buy Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Civil War: 1862 Now At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | 10 comments
Hunted Cow's Civil War: 1862, the prequel to the strategy wargame Civil War: 1863, is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The game features an 8 mission tutorial campaign, 53 main missions spanning 7 campaigns, 8 unique civil war units, different infantry formations, and detailed combat analysis.
Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units. Civil War: 1862 is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Civil War: 1862
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on the Mac and includes 45 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862 which can be played as either side.
- High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
- 8 mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
- 53 detailed missions across 7 campaigns.
- All missions can be played as both sides
(except the tutorial).
- 8 Unique Civil War Units: Infantry with Muskets, Infantry with Rifled Muskets, Artillery, Generals, Wagons, Naval Gunboats, Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
- Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks.
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
Buy Civil War: 1862
Beat'em Up Puzzle Solving On The Way In Bazalth
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Helium Games, a new indie game studio based in Belgium, has announced the development of its first game, Bazalth: Don't trust the signs. The one player action adventure game will combine action/beat'em up phases with more quiet puzzle solving moments. Helium plans to release the game in late 2014.
Fight evil with evilCheck out a trailer and learn more about the game at the links below.
Bazalth: Don’t trust the sign is the story of the crazy promise from a strange old man to the Gloupsys, some peaceful and innocent creatures who’ve been persecuted by powerful demons for too long!
Bazalth, a demon child, is the unique hope of an entire world. Prepare yourself to live an epic adventure in this top down game with puzzle and fights, a world where anything could happen… you said zombies?
Once upon a time, on a planet far far away, lived some cute and peaceful creatures called Gloupsies. They were happy and innocent, living a dream life. The only small problem they had was about their demon infestation. Every 28 days (on Fridays), their village would be attacked by powerful demons who destroyed everything.
One morning, an old stranger arrived out of nowhere, carrying a strange package. This stranger, called Folm, explained that he also suffered from the demons attacks: First of all he said, we have to relocate your village! (Yeah... Gloupsies were actually rebuilding their village at the same place over and over again). So much wisdom quickly convinced the Gloupsies who welcomed Folm as their savior. However, this is just a temporary solution, he continued, I've brought someone who can in time help us defeat those evil demons forever. We have to fight evil with evil! Here is Bazalth, one of their own.
Pre-Order Royal Envoy: Campaign For The Crown
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown from Playrix is available now to pre-order at Mac Game Store. Scheduled for a May 10 release, the game puts players in the role of a King who must win an election to defeat a mysterious cloaked figure seeking to take the throne. Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown features 63 story levels, 20 new game objects, dozens of quests, and more than 50 unlockable achievements.
Breaking news! The monarchy is at risk! Someone wearing a black cloak broke into the royal palace. The stranger was fearful and grim, and challenged the King's right to the throne. He accused the King of being unable to manage the kingdom, and demanded to be elected King himself! Help the King win the elections and defend the truth and justice in the kingdom.Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown is available to pre-order now for $6.99 (USD).
Royal Envoy: Campaign For The Crown
- Enjoy 63 levels of the story mode. Plus, challenge yourself in the expert mode!
- Explore 20 new game objects enhancing the gameplay
- Complete dozens of fun quests
- Unlock over 50 achievements
- Travel around the unfamiliar lands, such as Flying Islands, Jolly Roger Strait and many more!
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.8 Ghz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
Buy Royal Envoy: Campaign For The Crown
Rocksmith 2014 Edition 60% Off For A Limited Time
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store recently announced a limited time sale on Rocksmith 2014 Edition from Ubisoft, offering 60% off the regular $59.95 price. The software gives users the chance to plug in a real guitar or bass and learn to play guitar with a virtual band. Rocksmith 2014 Edition features 50 hit tracks ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition is the fastest way to learn guitar*. Plug in any real guitar or bass and join over 1 million people who have learned with the award-winning Rocksmith method. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is available now for $23.98 (USD).
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The all-new Rocksmith 2014 Edition is bigger, better, and faster than ever. Rebuilt from the ground-up, you’ll experience vastly improved features, a new look, more flexible and deeper practice tools, new techniques and tunings, over 50 new hit songs, and much more.
With the revolutionary Session Mode, Rocksmith 2014 Edition takes guitar-learning to the next level by allowing you to play guitar with a virtual band that follows your every lead. Select from an assortment of backing instruments or styles, and Session Mode reacts to the notes you play.
Start your journey with Rocksmith 2014 Edition.
- A proven method to learn guitar fast. - National research studies have found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar. Over 95% of players have improved their guitar skills. Whether you’re a beginner touching a guitar for the first time, or a seasoned player mastering your sound, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.
- A reimagined experience. - Newly redesigned menus and in-game interfaces are now clear, smooth, and blazing fast. It’s never been easier to play along and get feedback on your performance as you go.
- Learn your favorite songs. - Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is also backward compatible with the songs you have from the original Rocksmith.
- Designed for ease and speed. - Features are now more accessible and flexible than ever. A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable. Or jump into over 10 new and improved Guitarcade mini-games to hone your skills.
- An authentic guitar playing experience. - Rocksmith 2014 Edition includes new tunings, techniques, effects, amps, pedals and tones for an unprecedented degree of accuracy and a deeper level of guitar learning than ever before.
- Learn to jam with Session Mode. - Session Mode lets you experience playing alongside a virtual band. Choose your own combination of instruments to follow your lead. With on-screen prompts and objectives that motivate learning and improvement, you can enjoy the feeling of jamming whether you’re a beginner or advanced player.
- Get plugged in. - Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox™ 360®, PS3™, PC, or Mac.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- The Rocksmith Real Tone Cable is not included with the purchase of Rocksmith and must be purchased separately. Please see your local retailer or many online stores to purchase the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.
- Rocksmith requires a unique 1/4" -t- USB cable, that is the first of its kind, which allows users to plug any real guitar with a quarter-inch jack directly into their console or PC/Mac.
- Developed exclusively for Rocksmith, this revolutionary cable turns the guitar's signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through video game consoles or PC for the first time.
- The use of a second Rocksmith Real Tone Cable allows for simultaneous split-screen cooperative play while playing Rocksmith
Buy Rocksmith 2014 Edition
Mac Gamer HQ Begins Quest To List The Latest
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Mac Gamer HQ has unveiled a new list of recently released Mac game titles, with the goal of keeping gamers aware of the options available. Some of games featured include The Elder Scrolls Online, Dead Island, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, and Tomb Raider.
Mac gaming is definitely one of the least understood things on the internet. I guess the hate comes from the fact that people love to hate Apple (and everything they do) or the fact that Mac gaming had a rough patch some years ago. But things are so bad right now that even normal people (including regular Mac users) now believe what trolls say.Check out the full list at the page linked below.
Mac Gamer HQ: Recently Released
Next time you hear someone complain about the lack of new games on the Mac, do them a solid and send them a link to this list.
Not every game that gets a Mac version will be added (I could never keep up with the hundreds of Indies that are released every month) but I promise to include all the Triple A games and the most popular Indie games too.
Mac Gamer HQ
Catch The Train At The Next Stop
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store has added Next Stop from Ladia Group to its list of titles available for purchase and download. The game challenges players to take charge of a struggling railroad. To succeed they will need to repair damage and build up new infrastructure to generate enough funds to create a thriving business.
Next Stop is a game that will send you on a trip down a railroad, which needs to be pulled up from dilapidation and defended against a bank that wants to lay hands on it to offset its debts. By making a lot of stops, you can repair and build up all damaged parts of the railroad, but you need to ensure that you have enough resources. Trade and train passage on your reviving railroad will bring you a substantial income.Next Stop is available now for $6.99 (USD).
- 40 exciting levels;
- Excellent graphics;
- Individual strategies for completing tasks;
- Fascinating story;
- Relaxed mode: play without a timer.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
Buy Next Stop
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.