Out Of The Park Baseball 15 Debuts
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Out of the Park Developments has announced that Out of the Park Baseball 15, the latest version of their long-running, award-winning series of baseball management games, is now available. OOTP 15 includes a revamped interface, 3D ballpark support and 3D in-game ball flight, more league options, the 2014 open day major league roster, and additional real international leagues. The introduction of 3D ballparks and 3D in-game ball flight to the game is still receiving some polish and OOTP promises to fix remaining bugs with free updates throughout the summer.
"Baseball is a sport played worldwide, even in my home country of Germany, and I'm thrilled that we can make OOTP 15 an international game with its inclusion of real leagues, with real teams and players, in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, and other countries," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn.Out of the Park Baseball 15 is available now for $39.99.
Out Of The Park Baseball 15 (add to watch list)
New features in OOTP 15:
2014 Opening Day Major League Roster Set
OOTP 15's 2014 roster set includes all Opening Day major league team rosters, as well as the complete minor league system down to the rookie leagues. OOTP 15 also features the Venezuelan and Dominican summer leagues for the first time. All major league (and certain minor league) player ratings are based on Baseball Prospectus' industry-leading player forecasting system PECOTA. The thousands of remaining minor league players are carefully rated by hand by our established research team.
3D Ballpark Support and 3D In-Game Ball Flight
(While the 3D feature is in a working state in OOTP 15, there are still some noticeable problems, and OOTP Developments is committed to fixing those issues with free updates throughout the summer. The company has hired a full-time 3D programmer whose only focus is this functionality.)
OOTP 15 is the first step toward visualizing full 3D action on the field. Players can import 3D ballparks saved in the popular Collada (.dae) format, and the included ballpark editor lets them properly overlay the ball location diagram used by the game's simulation engine, including adjustment of wall heights, foul territory, and so forth.
The result is a new optional in-game view that renders realistic 3D ball flight in the stadium model. Future versions of OOTP will build on this 3D engine and will eventually feature thrilling 3D animations of on-field play. Exciting times are ahead!
Additional Real International Leagues
OOTP 15 includes seven new international leagues that add thousands of real players, including stats and carefully adjusted ratings, to your baseball game experience. Several league settings have been tweaked or added (for example, a free agent posting system) so the game can model league interactions in a realistic manner. OOTP 15 features these international leagues:
Each league is available as a template, so players can choose which ones they want to include in their OOTP baseball universe. They can scout the next superstar from overseas and watch grizzled veterans leave the US for playing time in other countries (Manny Ramirez, anyone?). Those ex-major leaguers may even eventually attempt a comeback in the US leagues.
- Japan (including one minor league)
- Korea (including one minor league)
- Taiwan (including one minor league)
- The Netherlands
Or players can try a totally different experience by managing a team in a small European league.
New Ratings System
In previous versions of OOTP, the player ratings were absolute numbers based on the hidden internal player ratings. The problem with this approach was that players didn't know if a 60/100 power rating was actually above or below league average. OOTP 15 introduces a new optional rating system that calculates average player ratings for all positions at the start of the season and then displays player ratings throughout the game in relation to those averages. So, for example, a 60/100 power rating is actually above the league average (which is always 50 in the 1-100 rating scale) - by one standard deviation, to be exact.
A Revamped Interface
OOTP 15's interface features an extensive overhaul, starting with a default design for widescreen resolutions (16:9 or 16:10), instead of the 4:3 ratio used in the past. This results in a cleaner look with more room for statistics and other information. The graphic design team also reworked the menus and added tooltips to most menus and buttons, so beginners will find the game easier to navigate.
In addition, the Manager Home, League Scores, League and Game Setup, and other screens have been overhauled, and there are new screens that take advantage of the multi-league baseball universes made possible by the addition of real international leagues. Those new screens feature all the news, scores, schedules, stats, and more from around a game world.
Historical League Improvements
OOTP 15 makes it much easier to create the historical league many players have always dreamed about. The league creation wizard has been completely redesigned and offers new functionality - for example, it's easy to set up a historical league with teams from different eras, or create a fictional league with a specific historical player pool.
More League Options
OOTP 15 also includes useful settings like minor league service time roster limits, options to limit contract lengths, spring training length customization, and more.
But Wait, There's More
And as in years past, OOTP 15 offers a lengthy list of other new features, including:
In addition, iOOTP Baseball 2014, the iOS version of the game for those who enjoy managing their teams on the go, is currently in review with Apple. The expected release date on the App Store is April 17, but it could be earlier or later, depending on Apple's review process.
- Enhanced player history tracking (yearly salary, 2nd & 3rd place award finishes, grand slams, walk-off hits, 1-hitters, and other game performances)
- The ability to offer jobs to coaches and scouts while those jobs are still occupied
- Reworked team control options
- Teams may retire uniform numbers
- Improved news stories and in-game play-by-play
- Improved online league functionality
- Improved AI throughout the game
- Improved first-year player draft and negotiation
- Almost every other area of the game has been tweaked and improved
iOOTP Baseball 2014 was also recently released and offers these new features:
- iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 will be the minimum required)
- A redesigned interface
- Retina display support
- iPhone 5/5S/5C support
- Opening Day 2014 rosters
- A Player Editor (edit everything from name and contract details to ratings)
- AI improvements, including a direct port of the new player evaluation AI in OOTP 15
- Bug fixes and various other improvements
OOTP Developments (add to watch list)
Buy Out Of The Park Baseball 15
Over 100 Levels Of Tile Matching Fun In Asian Mahjong
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Asian Mahjong from 8 Floor Games is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The tile matching puzzle game features over 100 unique levels and 26 trophies to collect.
Take part in a Asian Mahjong. Complete over 100 unique levels of different difficulty and dynamics to gain experience and earn points. Plunge yourself into the myriads of special tiles! Improve your rank and progress through the game hierarchy.Asian Mahjong is available now for $4.99 (USD).
Asian Mahjong (add to watch list)
The main protagonist, who is a real fan of Mahjong, decides to take part in Asian Mahjong Puzzle.
The objective of each level is to remove all of the special tiles from the game board. There are many such tiles in Asian Mahjong, which makes the game even more entertaining and adds variety to the level design (e.g. levels with floating special titles).
Levels are balanced according to the number of suits: there are classic layouts with the full set of 7 suits and there are also levels that can be completed faster due to the limited number of suits.
- 120 unique levels
- More than 6 hours of gameplay
- 26 trophies
- Comic-style storyline
- Stunning 2D graphics
- Meditation music
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 128 MB RAM
- 35 MB HD Space
Buy Asian Mahjong
Conquer The Last Federation At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Arcen Games' The Last Federation is now available for purchase and download from Mac Game Store. The sci-fi turn-based strategy game features up to 5 factions competing at once, eight unique races, multiple difficulty levels, and a deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants.
From the creators of AI War: Fleet Command comes an all-new grand strategy title with turn-based tactical combat, set in a deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants. You are the last of a murdered race, determined to unify or destroy the 8 others.The Last Federation is available now for $14.95 (USD), 25% off the regular price.
Arcen Games (add to watch list)
As the last remaining Hydral, it is up to you to create a lasting federation of planets and usher in an era of peace and prosperity to the solar system. Bring spacefaring technology to underdeveloped societies, manipulate their economies, political systems, and diplomatic relations. Do whatever it takes to end strife in your solar system. Remember, when helping civilizations evolve, sometimes they evolve faster when a large multi-headed monster is glaring menacingly at them.
- Turn-based tactical combat, with up to 5 factions competing at once.
- New-player-friendly ramp-up of complexity as you play, which you can disable if you're already a veteran.
- Difficulty levels split between the grand strategy and turn-based combat portions of the game, both ranging from quite casual to incredibly hardcore.
- Composer Pablo Vega's best soundtrack to date, featuring 54 minutes of music and the vocal finale "Lay Down Your Arms."
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 376 MB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- Two-button mouse with a scroll wheel, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled
The Last Federation (add to watch list)
Buy The Last Federation
Pre-Order Might & Magic X - Legacy Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | 7 comments
Ubisoft's Might & Magix X - Legacy is available now for pre-order at Mac Game Store. The latest entry in the long running RPG series puts players in charge of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around the city of Karthal.
After a decade, a Might & Magic® RPG is back with both the unique core formula and a new set of improved and fine-tuned features. The best RPG of its class! Might & Magic X - Legacy is available to pre-order now for $24.99.
Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition (add to watch list)
In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city.
Might & Magic® X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting open world and battle mythical powerful creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures!
- Dive into vintage Might & Magic® - Discover an authentic franchise that defined early PC RPG gaming in the 80s! This classic and timeless RPG has returned after eleven years of waiting and has been adapted to today’s standards while respecting yesterday’s expectations. Old school, new rules!
- Create your party - Take control of a team of four adventurers chosen among four different races. Twelve classes are available, each one having their own skill system. Thousands of combinations are possible!
- Forge your own tactics - Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and unique bosses and accomplish unique quests, level up your group and gain new powerful artifacts.
- Discover a new part of Ashan - Explore the Agyn Peninsula – a totally new, unexplored environment in the Might & Magic universe. Get familiar with its epic wilderness and meet the locals who pack quite a few surprises…
- Explore twisted dungeons - Make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities, and labyrinths full of traps, and solve puzzles and riddles to rack your brain! Beware: You never know what’s hiding around the corner!
- Explore twisted dungeons - Build your own adventure and quests and share them with the community. The legacy is yours!
- Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later
- 3.2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB VRAMNote:
Pre-Order Game Requirements Subject To Change
Ubisoft (add to watch list)
Buy Might & Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.