|Wednesday, April 23, 2014|
IMG Reviews Syberia
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games' Ted Bade has posted a new review of Syberia from Anuman Interactive and Microïds. The adventure game follows the exploits of Kate Walker, a young New York lawyer whose assignment to sell an automaton factory in Europe leads her on an unexpected journey.
Here's an excerpt:
You play the part of a New York Lawyer named Kate Walker. She has been tasked with going to a remote village in the French Alps to complete the sale of a local toy company to a larger U.S. firm. Kate arrives to find that the owner has passed away, and that she has left a letter revealing that her brother, Hans, thought to have died many years ago, is actually alive. So, she inherits the toy company. Suddenly, a simple mission to sign some papers turns into an adventure to locate a man who has been hiding from friends and family for decades. Read more at the link below.
IMG Review: Syberia
Luckily, Hans has kept in touch with his sister over the years, and this has left a somewhat unusual trail for Kate to follow. It all begins with her finding plans for a mechanical train and automaton engineer, designed by this mechanical genius, which will bring her to where he is hiding. She needs only to get the train working, and take a trip to him…. (Of course, it never turns out to be that easy)!
Millie Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Forever Entertainment's Millie is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The maze puzzle puts players in control of a millipede seeking to become a pilot. To succeed they will need to complete more than 90 levels spanning 3 unique environments.
You've always dreamt of flying. Roaming high in the clouds, free from all worries. Just gliding through air like a bird. Unfortunately, you were born as a millipede, and your best chance of launching to the sky is probably in some crows mouth... or is it?Millie is available now for $3.99 (USD).
Rumor has it that the local Aviation School is accepting new recruits for a pilot course. Seeing an opportunity to make your dreams come true, you seize the moment and embark on a journey of your life. Your path is full of dangers, mazes and obstructions, but the end goal is more than worth it!
So rise on your feet, all 100 of them, and get going!
Control a millipede, roaming through over 90 diverse levels. Solve the elaborate mazes laying on your way. Gather and use multitude of power-ups that will help you with your struggles. Enjoy three types of immersing mini games. Grow bigger and bigger; and remember: try not to eat your tail.
- Almost a hundred challenging and diverse levels
- 3 totally different environments.
- Tons of power-ups and helpers
- Varied and colorful levels
- Immersing mini-games
- Really enjoyable, casual gameplay
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Turn Healthcare Into Profit In Hospital Manager
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Hospital Manager from Anuman Interactive is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The management sim gives players the task of building the most popular hospital in the land. In addition to hiring doctors and employees players will deal with diseases, buy new equipment, and complete missions.
Experience something novel, bursting with extraordinary phenomena and strange situations in your hospital! Only you have the power to make the best decisions and to make your hospital the most popular one! But beware: Several events will add some spice to your life!Hospital Manager is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Embark on the career of your life!
Choose and hire your doctors and employees, build the departments of your choosing, and manage your finances! Are you thrifty or a big spender? Would you rather pamper your patients instead of your banker? Make your own decisions!
You'll have many missions to accomplish, littered with all kinds of epidemics, patients with disturbing pathologies such as the zombie disease, the Chewbacca syndrome, and the moonwalk virus. Be on the lookout: Many events will spice up your rise, such as exterminating extraterrestrial germs and stopping toad contamination!
Customize your hospital down to the last details, buy high-tech equipment, choose rooms that will make your hospital center the most popular one!
- Use comprehensive management of your hospital to your advantage: You're the boss!
- Build your reputation with a large variety of factors
- Accomplish diverse and surprising missions
- Plunge into an explosive 3D cartoon style universe with wacky pathologies and situations!
- Experience a nonlinear adventure: Every decision will lead to different consequences, depending on when the action happens.
- A rich system of artificial intelligence that can adapt patient behavior to each of your actions and decisions!
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
Buy Hospital Manager
1849 Gets May 8 Release
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
SomaSim has announced a May 8 release for 1849. The still in development city management sim is set during the California Gold Rush and gives players the task of building towns, populating them with workers, and coordinating production and trade networks to keep the towns thriving.
The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush.Early Access to 1849 is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?
1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.
This Early Access build of 1849 is only available for PC and Mac desktops, but it will be available for iPad and Android tablets at launch.
By purchasing this Early Access version today, here's what you'll get:
At launch, 1849 will include:
- Access to the current version of the game and to continuous updates. We'll be adding new scenarios, new content and refining gameplay in the coming months leading up to launch. Early Access gets you the updated content as soon as it's available.
- Input into game as we prepare 1849 for release in May. Tell us what you'd like us to change and what you think would be neat to include.
Requirement:Note: 1849 is still under development. This means the game will be improved on a regular basis, through updates that add new features, content and bug fixes. Check the features list for info on what is already available and what will be included in the final version.
- A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each of 20 city scenarios will present players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
- Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
- Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
- Scenario replay and open-form sandbox modes.
- Classic city management simulation tailored and built specifically to be just as enjoyable on a tablet as it is on a PC.
- Developed by SomaSim, a new studio dedicated to producing deep simulation games for today’s players.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 18, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Monday, April 14, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.