Moebius: Empire Rising Pre-Order & Early Demo
6:31 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Phoenix Online Publishing recently announced that Moebius: Empire Rising is available to preorder for a limited-time 20% discount. The adventure game from veteran designer Jane Jensen lets players step into the shoes of Malachi Rector, an antiquities dealer who becomes embroiled in a mystery when he takes a job from a secretive government agency. A demo of Moebius: Empire Rising has also been released in advance of the April 15 launch.
This thrilling new adventure game from master storyteller Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) and Phoenix Online Studios (Cognition, The Silver Lining) introduces Malachi Rector, an expert in antiquities whose photographic memory and eye for detail transform people and clues into interactive puzzles. Moebius: Empire Rising is available to pre-order now for $23.99 (USD), a 20% discount off the regular price.
Moebius: Empire Rising Demo
When a secretive government agency enlists him to determine whether a murdered woman in Venice resembles any particular historical figure, Malachi is left with only questions. Why would the U.S. government hire him - a dealer of high-end antiques - to look into a foreign murder? Why does David Walker, a former Special Forces operative he meets in his travels, feel like someone Malachi’s known all his life? And how come every time Malachi lets his guard down, someone tries to kill him?
Moebius: Empire Rising is a contemporary adventure that merges classic point-and-click puzzle solving with Jane Jensen’s sophisticated storytelling. Travel the world using Malachi’s unique deductive powers to analyze suspects, make historical connections, and uncover the truth behind a theory of space and time the government will defend at any cost.
- New murder-mystery adventure from legendary designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight)
- Use your photographic memory to analyze clues, crime scenes to fit historical patterns
- Travel to Venice, Cairo, Zurich and more unraveling the mysteries of space and time
- Blends 2D and 3D graphics to create sophisticated story, atmosphere and puzzles
- Unravel a global conspiracy that threatens to disrupt the very fabric of life
- Inspired by modern retellings of classic detective stories
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 2.5 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
Moebius: Empire Rising Trailer
Moebius: Empire Rising
Buy Moebius: Empire Rising
EVE Online: Caldari Explorer Starter Pack Comes To MGS
6:31 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
The EVE Online: Caldari Explorer Starter Pack from CCP Games is available for purchase now at Mac Game Store. The Starter Pack gives aspiring pilots the chance to enter EVE's sci-fi MMO universe with a complete set of gear, a fully equipped starship, 30 days of game time, and a skill booster.
Launch your dreams for galactic conquest with an EVE Online Starter Pack, a complete set of gear to start your career - including a fully-equipped starship, 30 days of game time and a skill booster.EVE Online: Caldari Explorer Starter Pack is available now for $19.99 (USD).
EVE Online Trailer
Caldari Explorer Starter Pack includes:
- The fast and reliable Heron frigate
- A scanner probe launcher and analyzer modules to help you find riches among the stars
- Complete basic frigate equipment and weaponry set to kit out your ship
- Archaeology, Hacking and a dozen other critical skill books
- Prototype Cerebral Accelerator (skill booster)
- 30 days of game time
- Multiple PVP systems – Enlist in Factional Warfare as a loyalist of one of the four races of EVE, dodge the law as a deep space pirate or take arms in the large-scale conflict of alliance warfare where battles can consist of over a thousand pilots clashing for supremacy among the stars. EVE online lets you choose the type of PVP that fits your playstyle.
- Massive Player-Drive Economy – Everything bought and sold on the EVE Online market is manufactured and traded by players. Buy and sell orders, contracts, courier agreements and many other tools of trade are available to let players carve their industrial empire. Rise to the top as a savvy entrepreneur or a member of one of the many existing mega-corporations in EVE.
- Explorations, Mining, Missions – EVE Online offers a diverse range of progression paths. Players can advance as merchants, industrialists, politicians, spies or any number of other careers without limitation. Hundreds of trainable skills and open gameplay allow you to define the role you want to play in the virtual universe.
- Liberating character advancement
- Never "grind" for a skill again. Passive skill gain system allows your skills to increase even while you're offline.
- Single-shard universe
- Join hundreds of thousands of players in the same persistent universe, where your fame or infamy is not confined to just a subset of the playerbase.
- Free expansions – You will never be charged for an EVE expansion
- as the EVE universe grows, so do the benefits of your subscription.
- Play for FREE – Established players can eventually pay for their game time with in-game money they earn while playing.
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
EVEO: Caldari Explorer Starter Pack
Buy EVEO: Caldari Explorer Starter Pack
Pre-Order The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition
6:31 AM | IMG News | 5 comments
Bethesda Softworks' The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition is available now for pre-order at Mac Game Store. The Imperial Edition includes the option to become an Imperial and join any alliance, a White Imperial Horse to summon, a Mudcrab vanity pet, and the Rings of Mara to use with a friend for bonus experience. Scheduled to launch on on April 4, the upcoming fantasy title is the MMO adaptation of Bethesda's popular Elder Scrolls universe.
The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition includes: 5 days early access (from March 30, 2014), 30 days included game time, Explorer Pack, and Imperial exclusive items listed below.The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition is available to pre-order now for $79.99 (USD).
TESO - Imperial Edition
Note: This is a subscription based game with a monthly fee required after the 30 days included in the purchase has expired.
The Elder Scrolls Online is the latest chapter of the award-winning franchise – and will bring the legendary experience online for the first time. Whether you play with your friends or adventure alone, the game’s innovative combat system allows you to focus on action and tactics, not the UI. Use any weapon or armor at any time and customize your abilities to play the way you want as you uncover the mysteries of Tamriel and seek heroic quests on your own terms. Explore the far reaches of Skyrim, the mysterious lands of Morrowind, the sprawling metropolis of Daggerfall and beyond. The choices you make, from the alliance you join to the battles you fight, will shape your destiny and the world of Tamriel.
The Elder Scrolls Online is set roughly 1,000 years before the events in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and the coming of the Dragonborn, and just before the rise of Tiber Septim, the first Emperor of Tamriel. Three Alliances have emerged across the continent, each struggling for supremacy over the land. As these great powers battle one another for control of the Imperial City – and with it all of Tamriel – darker forces are moving to destroy the world.
The Elder Scrolls. Online.
After 20 years of best-selling, award-winning fantasy role-playing games, the Elder Scrolls series goes online. Experience this epic adventure on your own or together with your friends, guild mates, and thousands of alliance members. Explore dangerous caves and dungeons, embark upon adventurous quests across Tamriel, and engage in massive player versus player battles, where the victors reap the spoils of war.
Play the Way You Like
With an enhanced Elder Scrolls combat system, engage in real-time targeting and strategic attacks and blocks. Use any weapon or wear any armor at any time, no matter what type of character you play and develop your own style with deep character customization and abilities.
A Connected Game World
With ESO’s Megaserver technology you no longer choose a server, but instead play in one connected world. The game automatically places you with friends, guild mates, people you’ve encountered before, and other like-minded players. Simply jump in and begin your adventure.
Your Quest to Save Tamriel
A stolen soul. An undead army rising. A quest to recover that which is uniquely yours. Explore the hidden secrets of Tamriel at your own pace using the game’s compass to guide you to areas of interest. Save the world from the evil machinations of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal and his henchman, the first necromancer, the Prince of Worms, Mannimarco.
The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition
- Play as an Imperial
- Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more
- White Imperial Horse - Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel
- Mudcrab Vanity Pet - Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet scuttling along your side
- Rings of Mara - Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive and experience bonus when you play together
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 4 GB RAM
- 60 GB HD Space
- AMD Radeon HD 6490M
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Buy TESO - Imperial Edition
CCE Reviews D3: Reaper Of Souls, BI: Burial At Sea Episode 2
6:31 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Control Command Escape recently posted new reviews of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea - Episode 2. The Reaper of Souls expansion challenges players to defeat Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, and introduces a variety of new elements to Blizzard's action RPG. Burial At Sea - Episode 2 is the final DLC for BioShock Infinite and provides a conclusion of sorts for the entire BioShock series.
From CCE's Reaper of Souls review:
By the time you've reached the third location, the enemy variety goes into overdrive. Blizzard clearly recognised that the game is at its best when it throws hundreds of fast, frail enemies at you to burst open with a single mouse click, and here they accomplish this both with dense concentrations of these weak creatures at regular intervals, but also other creature types that spawn more of them. The result is that there are moments (at least, for me at level 60-odd on Expert difficulty) where there are no less than a hundred enemies on-screen. There are also some enemies with completely original behaviour, such as the otherwise weak Scavengers that dig in the ground for rocks to use as armour, and can suddenly pose a real threat. All told, Act V contains approximately the same number of locations as each other act, but took me almost twice as long to complete (roughly 7 or 8 hours, and I was being thorough).From CCE's Burial At Sea - Episode 2 review:
Unlike other stealth games, the emphasis is on sound rather than light. Enemies will tend to zero in on Elizabeth if she makes any noise, and this means being careful where you step (carpet good, broken glass or water bad), and even though she can jump onto freight hooks like Booker could, she can only hang from them for a little while before they start to audibly creak, again attracting unwanted attention (jumping off them will also make noise, unless you press the crouch button mid-flight for a silent landing). What's interesting about this system, compared to other stealth games, is it means you don't really need to pay as much attention to the direction enemies are facing, at least unless you're trying to sneak up on them for a knockout blow.Read the full reviews at the links below.
Control Command Escape: Diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls
Control Command Escape: BioShock Infinite Burial At Sea Episode 2
Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
BI: Burial At Sea - Episode 2
Buy Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
Buy BI: Burial At Sea - Episode 2
Grab Aspyr Games For Up To 50% Off At Mac Game Store
6:31 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store is showcasing the many game offerings of Aspyr Media. For a limited time shoppers can collect tltles like BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Civilization V at discounts of up to 50% off.
The store's entire list of Aspyr titles are on sale now. Click over to the link below to learn more, and be sure to check out Mac Game Store's other specials as well.
MGS: Aspyr Showcase Sale
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Monday, March 24, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.