Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 11 comments
Blizzard Entertainment recently announced the release of the first expansion for its action RPG, Diablo III. Reaper of Souls challenges players to defeat Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, who seeks to seize control of the Black Soulstone. The new expansion offers a new hero: The Crusader, a new level 70 experience cap, new spells and abilities for existing classes, greater emphasis on randomized environments, a reworked Paragon progression, as well as two new game modes: Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials.
The time has come for the greatest heroes of the mortal realm to answer the call to arms and join the crusade against death itself. Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ is now live and ready to challenge Windows® and Mac® gamers around the world.Reaper of Souls is available for purchase in retail stores throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, as well as digitally around the world via the game’s official website.
In Reaper of Souls, the five valiant heroes from Diablo III—Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard—are joined by a new champion: the Crusader. Clad head to toe in fortified armor, the Crusader is an unstoppable force of righteous destruction who channels the power of divine wrath to visit retribution upon his demonic quarry.
Reaper of Souls adds a challenging new act to Diablo III in which players will embark on a dark and perilous journey through terrifying landscapes; explore the legendary city of Westmarch; and slay countless minions, each hell-bent on bringing their heroic quest to a grisly end. The adventure culminates in a climactic confrontation with Malthael, the Angel of Death, whose twisted designs spell ruin for the innocent people of Sanctuary.
“Together with the new loot experience we added to the game, Reaper of Souls improves on Diablo III in countless ways,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Players returning to Sanctuary will find a darker, more engaging, and much more rewarding experience awaiting them.”
A recent free update to Diablo III on Windows and Mac introduced a host of new game features, a major revamp of the game’s loot system, an expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters, and expanded social tools in the form of Clans and Communities. With the purchase of Reaper of Souls, players will gain access to game-changing new features and highly replayable content, including:
All of this new content comes with the Reaper of Souls Standard Edition (available in physical and digital versions), which players can purchase at a suggested retail price of $39.99. Players also have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP $59.99), which contains a wealth of in-game bonuses:
- Act V: A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself
- The Crusader: A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
- Exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes for players to distinguish their characters among the champions of Sanctuary
- A Spectral Hound minion players can summon to keep their adventurers company on their epic journey
- Three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes
- A World of Warcraft® in-game companion pet, the Treasure Goblin, ready to compete in Pet Battles
- A set of StarCraft® II Crusader-themed Battle.net® portraits and Malthael-themed decals
The Reaper of Souls retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition comes fully-equipped with all of the bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition and also includes a gorgeous full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad bearing the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death. The Collector’s Edition is available at select retailers for a suggested retail price of $79.99. Players should check their local retailer for details and availability, as supplies are limited.
As an added bonus, anyone who buys Reaper of Souls will receive one or more Expert Card Packs (depending on which version of the expansion is purchased) for Blizzard Entertainment’s recently launched digital strategy card game, Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™.
The expansion will launch in Russia and the CIS, and at retail stores in Mexico, Chile, and Brazil, on April 15.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (add to watch list)
Buy Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
Help A Stranded Astronaut Survive In Proven Lands
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
An IMG reader recently emailed us about Proven Lands, an upcoming "3D sci-fi sandbox survival game." Already Greenlit on Steam, and currently the subject of an active Kickstarter campaign, Proven Lands puts players in the role of a stranded astronaut who must fight to survive against hunger, thirst, strange animals, and natural forces.
THE GAMELearn more at the links below.
Proven Lands Kickstarter
We've been working on Proven Lands with a super small team for some months now, creating a game in you become an explorer - not just another sandbox item collector. Packed with the real mysteries of physics, biology and chemistry, plus tons of (hopefully) reasonable science-fiction, influenced by Star Trek, Don't Starve and Project Zomboid.
In Proven Lands survival is our strongest concept. It starts with a stranded astronaut -- you. You fight hunger, thirst, strange animals, weather and even the nature itself. Give the pre alpha demo a try, attempt to survive for a few days. Right at this moment you’re able to eat everything with your helmet on (for demonstration reasons) but because we aim to be a hard sci-fi game in the future you’ll have to take off your helmet first before you can eat anything. Your initial spacesuit is weak and old. However you’ll need an armored one to survive against stronger animals and armed aliens later on – oh, and you’ll need better weapons than an axe.
As soon as you’ve mastered the first terrain biome (desert), there will be plenty to discover such as steppes, savannah like environments, forests, big rivers, caves and different planet types such as ice or volcano - each filled with tons of items and characters. The AI game master will watch your influence in a region so after some time more intelligent animals, and perhaps even aliens will start to attack you. First off though we start with simple alien villagers and introduce you to a rather basic storyline. And, because it’s a sci-fi survival game, build devices, smaller machines, factories and before you basically upgrade your “camp” to a small one-man outpost -- similar to an advanced camp in Don't Starve, just deeper, bigger, and more sci-fi.
KEY CONCEPTS AND GAME MECHANICS
STORY AND AN AI GAME MASTER
- Modding - We love mods! Proven Lands was designed with mods in mind, from the get-go.
- Procedurally generated - Endless and seamless procedurally generated terrain with different biomes on different planets. So far we have desert, forest, river, mountain, hill, swamp and lake biomes.
- Alien races and eco system - In Proven Lands aliens participate in a simple eco system. Trade with a tribe or village, if you have something desirable, similar to Don't Starve.
- AI meta game - The AI is the director of your unique story based on custom quests, ambitions and events - like a pen & paper game master.
- Classes and no super powers - Proven Lands has some RPG elements. Everyone starts as The Forklift Driver with no super powers and a broken heart, and as time goes by new classes unlock: The Medic, The Pilot, The Engineer, The Soldier, The Scientist, and The Android. See stretch goals.
- Moods and ambitions - A mood and trait system makes your character less predictable. A wound left unattended might lead to fever, which could in turn lead to mental instability or death. See demo. Ambitions are quests with a deadline, chosen by you or the AI meta engine, similar to Crusader Kings 2.
- Building, housing, farming and eco system - Craft automatic ore mines, water drills, energy and oxygen generators to make your life easier. Proven Lands is not a sim, but there is a small eco system, influenced by an older game jam prototype called LOST UTOPIA.
- Crafting - Each item, weapon, tool, vehicle, drone and building has 7 modules: a base module (type) plus 6 extra modules. Extra modules for armor, power cells, shielding, special abilities, incredients or decoration. For instance, a knife: tool base + short steel blade; or a bio scanner: tool chassis + biology level 1 scanner; or a M1 Abrams tank with a scanner: car base + kevlar-uranium armor + smoothbore gun + turbine engine + bio lvl 1 scanner. ;) Aliens craft items depending on the planet's resources.
- Skills - Basic skills like condition, endurance, willpower, strength. Scientific skills like biology, physics, engineering, ehemistry and xeno sciences. And item skills like blunt weapons, laser weapons or drones (depending on your knowledge). Each skill with an own small skill tree.
- Archaeology and technology - Explore uncharted regions, unknown items and creatures, lost civilizations and artefacts. Your character progresses not only through skills, but through item and artefact knowledge. You do not develop revolutionary physics after a few nights, instead, you gather knowledge in order to become a specialist. Dismantle alien devices for undiscovered resources! See ASCII roguelikes as Dungeon Crawl or Cataclysm.
- Outposts and camps - You're not a camper with a huge bagpack. An outpost is for the long-term, with generators and storage.
- Airlock and natural organism - Thirst, hunger, insanity, oxygen deprivation and energy consumption. On some planets you need an airlock to eat, drink and survive.
- Power supply - Sci-fi devices depend on energy.
- Spaceship artefacts - Sometimes you’ll find useful spaceship parts scattered around the planet.
- Items, resources and item modules - From food to wood to stones to water and megalomaniac butterflies. Each item can be analyzed from level 1 to 3.
- Tools, devices and weapons - From a shovel to a scanner, from a navigator to generators and small factories! Aliens have their own devices, weapons and tools too.
- Spaceship, jump drive and space travel - Travel to other planets as soon you've a jump drive or gate. Your spaceship is not a ship, it is more jump gate in the orbit with a few special modules, dictating where your next journey starts. In order to jump to the next planet, talk to aliens and gather resources.
- One more hour - Most survival games are not known for chill time: you are a laboratory mouse, always in a rush, starving or defending. So, we're working hard to give you more time for exploration and archaeology, or for just being cool.
- Alien companion - Start with the space cat from your first spaceship.
The main story is thrilling but also a little bit philosophical too - about friendship, bravery, responsibility and even a pregnancy. You assume the role not of a scientist or a soldier, but a a working class hero or heroine. You're named after the real-life Teruo Nakamura - a soldier of the Japanese Imperial Army who did not surrender until 1974.
Think of the AI meta game engine as a pen & paper game master who gathers all the randomly generated elements unique to each player's experience and weaves these components into an one-off adventure. You'll be kept busy battling thirst, hunger, oxygen deprivation and dwindling energy supplies .... but as soon you've gathered enough resources, seek out for new civilizations!
- Games - Dungeon Crawl, Project Zomboid, Don't Starve, Crusader Kings 2, Starflight, Minecraft, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, The Sims, SWTOR, Dead Space 1, Dwarf Fortress, Diablo 3
- Movies, TV and comics - Star Trek (TNG, DS9, TOS, VOY, ENT), Alien, Planetes, Enemy Mine, Outland, Gravity, Contact, Nausicaä, Star Wars
Proven Lands (add to watch list)
Tom Sparks And The Quakes Of Ruin Coming To Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Tasty Poison Games is currently working on Tom Sparks and the Quakes of Ruin for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Vita. The "Diesel Punk" game is described as an adventure/shooter with exploration elements and light platforming, inspired by titles like Ratchet and Clank. It will soon be listed on Steam Greenlight, and will also be featured in an upcoming Kickstarter funding campaign.
Tom Sparks is a classic action-adventure style game in development by indie studio Tasty Poison Games that blends together action and exploration elements set in a cavernous diesel punk world.Learn more at the link below.
Tom Sparks And The Quakes Of Ruin
- Fully 3D Characters, Enemies and Environments.
- A beautifully rendered Diesel Punk adventure.
- A huge array of weapons to find, build and upgrade.
- Tons of objects and enemies to smash up.
- Amazing boss fights!
- Works great with both a controller or mouse and keyboard!
- A mesmerizing sound track by award winning composer Sean Beeson.
- PC, Mac and Linux.
Tom Sparks and The Quakes of Ruin is an adventure / shooter game with exploration elements and light platforming. Our goal is to create a game full of fast paced action and extraordinary weapons in a similar vein to games like Ratchet and Clank but with more of a Diesel Punk theme and story line.
We hope to continue on with Tom and more adventures underground!
The Eschalon Trilogy: Surviving In A Niche Market
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Basilisk Games' Thomas Riegsecker recently posted a new postmortem article on Gamesauce. The article details the struggles the developer faced in creating and completing its Eschalon fantasy RPG trilogy. Divided into three games, or books, the Eschalon trilogy follows the exploits of an amnesiac hero who slowly unravels the mystery behind the mysterious ancient forces threatening his world.
If I am honest about what has made Eschalon a minor success, it’s because it is a game series that caters to a very narrow spectrum of gamers. Many of our customers are over 30 and grew up on pre-Diablo style role-playing games, and they are looking for a very specific type of gaming experience now. These are the customers I focus on because if I tried to appeal to the mainstream gamer mass, I would be neglecting the customers who have supported Basilisk Games from the start. It’s a challenging path to follow, and more than once I drew the ire of Eschalon fans for trying to add a feature that I hoped might draw in new customers. Catering to this niche market has limited the game’s appeal to the general gaming audience, though it is the very reason for Eschalon‘s successes as well as its failures.Learn more at the links below.
Eschalon Trilogy Postmortem
Basilisk Games (add to watch list)
Eschalon: Book I (add to watch list)
Eschalon: Book II (add to watch list)
Eschalon: Book III (add to watch list)
Buy Eschalon: Book I
Buy Eschalon: Book II
Buy Eschalon: Book III
Master Psychokinetic Powers In Lethe
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Koukou Studios has revealed two new trailers for its upcoming Lethe survival horror title. The first person exploration game features a protagonist with mysterious psychokinetic abilities he must wield to survive his stay on an isolated island.
You are playing as Robert Dawn, an everyday journalist searching for clues about a disaster on an isolated island.Check out the links below for more information about the game.
After coming in contact with an unknown substance, Robert mysteriously develops psychokinetic abilities, but not without a cost. These abilities feed on Robert's life energy and in order to stay alive he has to consume the very same substance that is poisoning him in the first place. Soon though, that becomes the least of his problems as he discovers that he's not alone on the island...
- Creative physics-based supernatural gameplay.
- Dynamic interaction mechanics. Move, smash, explode or even set things on fire and alter gravity in real time.
- Run, hide, use your powers and the environment in order to survive.
- Explore experience and be immersed while you unveil the secrets of a unique 20s style steam-punk world.
KoukouStudios is an independent game development team of four from Greece and the Netherlands, while the original OST is composed and performed by Jeremiah Pena.
Lethe Greenlight Trailer
Lethe Teaser Trailer
Total War: Shogun 2 Coming This Spring
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that the historical strategy game Total War: SHOGUN 2 will be released on the Mac this spring. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows, this is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed Total War series to be brought to the Mac by Feral, following Rome, Empire and Napoleon.
“Total War: SHOGUN 2 is a meticulous depiction of an exciting period in Japanese history,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “From the AI’s use of authentic Samurai battle tactics to the Japanese woodcut style of the UI, every aspect of the game is rendered in evocative detail.”Pricing, system requirements and a minisite dedicated to Total War: SHOGUN 2 for the Mac will be revealed closer to the release date.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Total War: SHOGUN 2 places the series’ celebrated gameplay elements of real-time battle tactics and turn-based political strategy against the dramatic backdrop of the Sengoku, or 'Warring States' period of 16th century Japan. As leader of one of nine competing clans, players will attempt to dominate Japan and become shogun, unifying the country under one undisputed ruler.
Players will deploy their clan’s unique mastery of a particular aspect of warfare as they command samurai, ninjas and warrior monks in spectacular battles across snowcapped mountains, heavily fortified hilltop citadels and fields garlanded with cherry blossom. Off the battlefield, they can develop infrastructure, research new technologies and improve their political position by pursuing intelligent diplomacy and using covert agents to bend rival clans to their will
The release of Total War: SHOGUN 2 on the Mac will be accompanied by all the additional content packs already released for Windows. This includes the Rise of the Samurai Campaign DLC pack, which challenges players to establish Japan’s first shogunate, 400 years before the events of the main game.
Total War: SHOGUN 2 (add to watch list)
IGT Slots Paradise Garden Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
IGT Slots Paradise Garden from Encore Software is available now to purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The casino slot simulator offers a variety of slot machines including Gold Bar 7s, Dakota Thunder, and Garden Party.
IGT Slots Paradise Garden delivers the most up-to-date casino slots gaming experience for Mac users. Find your best game in IGTs latest line up of first-rate slots, including:IGT Slots Paradise Garden is available now for $19.99 (USD).
IGT Slots Paradise Garden (add to watch list)
- Paradise Garden
- Gold Bar 7s
- 100 Wolves
- Dakota Thunder
- Desert Spirit
- Eskimo Money
- Fire Rubies
- Fish in a Barrel
- Garden Party
- and many more!
- Single-line or multi-line wagers: Play up to 100 lines
- Eight wager amounts: .01, .05, .10, .25, .50, 1.00, 5.00, 10.00
- Two modes of play: Career and Free Play
- Achievement levels during gameplay
- Take in the sights and sounds of two brand new casinos.
- View both the top and bottom of the slot machines either up close or further back.
- End to End Action and Bonus Free Games
- MultiwayXtra feature adds 1,024 ways to win!
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 1.6 GHz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Buy IGT Slots Paradise Garden
BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea - Episode 2 Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
2K, Irrational Games, and Aspyr Media have released BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two, the third add-on content pack for the award-winning BioShock Infinite. Burial at Sea - Episode Two is the final content pack for the game and features Elizabeth in a film noir style story that offers a different perspective on the BioShock universe.
“I think the work the team did on this final chapter speaks for itself,” said Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games. “We built something that is larger in scope and length, and at the same time put the player in Elizabeth’s shoes. This required overhauling the experience to make the player see the world and approach problems as Elizabeth would: leveraging stealth, mechanical insight, new weapons and tactics. The inclusion of a separate 1998 Mode demands the player complete the experience without any lethal action. BioShock fans are going to plotz.”BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 2 is available for $14.99 (USD).
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
About BioShock Infinite
Set immediately after the conclusion of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode One, this concluding episode puts you in the role of Elizabeth as she journeys through Rapture in an effort to rescue the little sister she abandoned. Developed by Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this continuation of the Burial at Sea saga features parts of Rapture you’ve never seen before, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Explore the city and engage in a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite. Experience modified stealth-oriented gameplay that brings you new weapons and plasmids, as well as some old favorites.
BI: Burial At Sea - Episode 2 (add to watch list)
Buy BI: Burial At Sea - Episode 2
Crusader Kings II: Rajas Of India Conquering Macs
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio recently released Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India, and the new game add-on is available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The sixth expansion for the strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II focuses on Eastern Persia and India. Rajas of India adds a variety of new elements to the game including three new religions, a landmass twice the size of the original game, the chance to play as an Indian ruler, and a variety of Indian themed events and decisions.
Rise up from the ashes of turmoil and anarchy to rule over a land fragmented into petty fiefs. Now is the time to take control. Now is the time for greatness.Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India is available now for $7.49 (USD), 50% off the regular price.
Crusader Kings II: Rajas Of India (add to watch list)
Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India is the sixth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II and will focus on Eastern Persia and India. The expansion Rajas of India extends the map to the east, including the entire Indian subcontinent, and allows you to play as a Hindu, Buddhist or Jain ruler. Can you defend Dharma against foreign invaders and bring order to the subcontinent?
Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by the masters of Strategy where medieval times is brought to life in this epic game of knights, schemes, and thrones...
- Rajas of India features twice the landmass of the base game.
- Play as an Indian ruler. Start a new and quite different type of game by playing as an Indian raja in 867 (if you have The Old Gods expansion) or at any point between 1066 to 1337 AD.
- Three new Unique Religions. Choose between the Buddhist, Jain and Hindu beliefs for different benefits.
- Caste System.
- Experience Indian Events & Decisions.
- Elephants and Jungles.
- Hundreds of new Provinces including Central Asia and large parts of Siberia too.
- New Interface Skin.
- Indian characters get a unique set of facial profiles and clothes.
- Steam MP Matchmaking and Steam Workshop: These features are brought over from Europa Universalis IV into Crusader Kings II, together with Borderless Windowed mode in the patch together with the release of the expansion.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Requires Crusader Kings II to play
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Paradox Interactive (add to watch list)
Crusader Kings II: Rajas Of India Trailer
Buy Crusader Kings II: Rajas Of India
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 24, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.