|Wednesday, March 19, 2014|
Franchise Hockey Manager Update Adds New Leagues, Systems
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
OOTP Developments has released version 1.62 for Franchise Hockey Manager. Among other things the major update includes 4 new leagues, revamped training and player development, expanded scouting options, and an optional Blind Mode for those seeking greater challenge.
"This is by far the largest single update to FHM," said producer Jeff Riddolls. "We've replaced some major parts of the game, primarily training and scouting, with new systems that should allow more user input and generate better feedback. Four new leagues have been added, a wide variety of bug fixes and adjustments made, and the game's overall stability improved. Obviously, it's taken quite a while to get all this done, much longer than we've ever taken between patches previously, and we thank our customers for their patience while we worked on it."Learn more about the game and the changes in version 1.62 at the links below.
FHM 1.62 Details
He added: "We intend to do one more big patch like this before beginning to work full-time on next year's game. The primary focus of the next one will be the addition of a completely new match engine, with an accompanying tactical interface, to the game."
Version 1.62, a major update to the game that features:
A More In-Depth Look at the Update:
- Revamped training, scouting, and staff/personnel systems
- Four new leagues:
- Swiss Nationaliiga A
- Asia League Ice Hockey
- Federal Hockey League (a low level minor league based in the Northeastern US)
- Suomi-Sarja (a Finnish third level league)
- Two starts for the current season, one with Opening Night rosters and one with post-trading deadline rosters
- Many other major changes, including but not limited to:
- A Blind Mode that disables the ability to directly view attributes
- Player height and weight that increase with age
- Improved text for news items
- The ability for teams to have more than two affiliations, allowing such relationships as ECHL-AHL
- Dozens of bug fixes and minor adjustments
Roster data has been updated to the NHL trade deadline on March 5 (and there's also still the option to start a game with the actual rosters from last fall, instead of the post-move ones.)
- The game's training and player-development mechanics and interface have been overhauled to give the user a little more precise control over what aspects of their players' game to try to improve, and better feedback, via a new training display, about how well their efforts are progressing. There are also more realistic influences on training success, such as ice time, the quality of competition, coaching staff abilities, and the player's happiness. The way player career arcs develop has also been adjusted, which should lead to more variety and unpredictability in those. The ability to train players for new positions, both in practice and via game experience, has also been simplified and explained better.
- Scouting has also undergone a transformation; the user can now target his scouts' assignments with much greater precision and receives regular reports back from them. The in-game scouting reports are also much more detailed, providing better verbal descriptions of the player to highlight his strengths and weaknesses, hint at ratings that are normally hidden from the user, and compare one player to another.
- The way the game handles hiring and firing of front office staff, particularly the General Manager and Head Coach positions, has received a number of changes, and should now look much more realistic.
- We've added four new playable leagues: Swiss Nationalliga A (the top-level Swiss league), Asia League Ice Hockey (the main league in Japan, South Korea, and China, and our first league outside of Europe and North America), the Federal Hockey League (a Northeastern US-based low-level minor league), and the Suomi-Sarja (the Finnish third level).
- An optional "Blind Mode" has been added that restricts the user's ability to see precise player ratings. This means they have to be a little more dependent on vaguer information like scouting reports and statistics, which should make the game a little more challenging.
- Significant improvements have been made in to AI teams' abilities to re-sign their players and improve their rosters.
- Dozens of other smaller improvements have been made: a toggle for displaying imperial/metic units, a growing NHL salary cap, the display of GM and coach histories, post-season award selection has been improved, and a wide variety of bugs fixed, including those that caused crashes in the offseason, and a problem that was resulting in too many players getting injured.
Franchise Hockey Manager
Buy Franchise Hockey Manager
Construct History In Monument Builders: Great Wall Of China
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's Monument Builders: Great Wall of China is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The game gives players the chance to turn back the clock and participate in the construction of the iconic Chinese landmark.
The Great Wall of China has never been more fun! Learn the details of the design and participate in making history in Monument Builders Great Wall of China, another hit from the makers of the Monument Builders popular series of time management games.Monument Builders: Great Wall of China is available now for $9.99 (USD)
Monument Builders: Great Wall Of China
From the first to the last stone, build one of the world's most amazing architectural icons and a fascinating gem of Chinese history. Learn historical facts about the design, purpose, and origins of the Great Wall. Take on the role of construction site manager. Clear the land, produce materials, assist architect Qui Jin, keep Attila the Hun at bay, and manage your crew to make this architectural dream a reality.
Grab your hardhat and dig right in when you try the free trial version or download the full-unlimited version of Monument Builders Great Wall of China today!
- Build the iconic Great Wall of China.
- Play 50 levels of fast-paced time management fun.
- Unlock tons of bonuses.
- Ensure that your name goes down in history with the success of the project.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 150 MB HD Space
Buy Monument Builders: Great Wall Of China
New Trailer For The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Presto Studios has released an updated trailer for The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime to celebrate the game's multiplatform status. A complete remake of the classic time traveling adventure game, this new incarnation features content from a rare Director's Cut version of the Journeyman Project.
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime is a masterful retelling of the first installment of the highly acclaimed Journeyman Project series and introduces you to the world of Agent 5: Gage Blackwood. A rookie within the newly-formed elite Temporal Security Agency, you must prove yourself in a trial-by-fire as you desperately seek to stop the mysterious temporal terrorist behind a series of 'rips' in time. Travel through six different worlds, solving the puzzles and challenges you'll encounter on your way. It's a non-linear race against the clock to stop the deadly temporal distortions before you and your world along with it become history.For more information click on the links below.
The Journeyman Project Pegasus Prime Trailer
Mac® OS X DVD-ROM (BUY NOW):
Intel processor required
Mac OS X 10.4 or later required
512 MB RAM or greater recommended
DVD-ROM drive; 2x or faster recommended
640x480 or larger monitor, millions of colors
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
Xenonauts Nearly Complete, Enters Polishing Stage
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a recent forum posting Goldhawk Interactive offered an update on the status of the X-Com: UFO Defense inspired Xenonauts, which is "nearly complete" and has reached the "polishing stage." The game will challenge players to fend off alien invasion by building bases, recruiting soldiers, researching new technology, and facing off against alien invaders in the sky and on the ground.
However, "complete" is not the same as "finished". I'm aware there is still work to be done on usability, balance, optimisation and stability. That will all take place during the polishing phase, which will last until we're happy with the final quality of the game.Click over to the link below for the rest.
Xenonauts: Entering "Polishing" Phase!
V21 Stable will mark us entering the polishing phase, and we'll be changing our development methodology a little:
- We will completely reset our bug trackers, and ask people to report any issue they experience with the game no matter how small or how many times it may have been reported in the past.
- We will be setting up a public issue tracker, which will list and prioritise all bugs / issues that are on our radar (only we will be able to add issues to this).
- The Beta Discussion, Community Involvement and Suggestions forums will be merged into a Balance Discussion forum, as they'll overlap quite heavily.
- We will remove the Experimental bug reporting forums.
- We'll also be starting to get the Kickstarter rewards printed up!
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 17, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.