Rome: Total War - Alexander Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced the release of Rome: Total War - Alexander. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows, this expansion pack for the historical strategy game Rome: Total War - Gold Edition allows players to command the army of Alexander the Great.
Take on the greatest military adventure of all time as Alexander the Great.Rome: Total War - Alexander for the Mac is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Rome: Total War - Alexander
Challenge yourself to match the amazing martial feats of the classical world’s greatest commander. Lead the army of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon in an epic campaign to conquer Asia.
- Take command of over 50 new units including the Persian Immortal Infantry, Indian War Elephants and renowned Macedonian Companion Cavalry.
- Conquer the known world from the coasts of Greece to the plains of India in an epic campaign inspired by Alexander’s military exploits.
- Master the specialist tactics of four new playable factions: the armies of Macedon, Persia, India and the barbarian Dahae.
- Lead the Macedonian forces in Campaign mode and all four in custom battles and LAN multiplayer.
- Fight six historical battles based on Alexander’s greatest victories.
- Prove yourself King of Kings in custom battles, both against AI and via LAN.
li>Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- 1.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 6 GB HD Space
- 128 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics
- Requires Rome: Total War Gold Edition to play
Buy Rome: Total War - Alexander
MGS Faces The Music With Beatbuddy: Tale Of The Guardians
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The action adventure game puts players in the role of Beatbuddy, an ethereal creature on a quest to unite with his sisters Melody and Harmony, and stop the evil Prince Maestro.
Awakened from his slumber, Beatbuddy journeys through lush hand-painted environments on a quest to save his companions and his own immortality. Beatbuddy interacts with the living breathing environment that pulses to the beat of an original soundtrack, aiding him as he unlocks new paths and solves puzzles.Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Beatbuddy: Tale Of The Guardians
- Experience an action-adventure game in a whole new way, which incorporates music into every aspect of the beautiful world. Players interact with the environment and a variety of creatures to open paths and solve puzzles throughout their journey.
- Six beautifully hand painted levels, each broken into five chapters, take the player through the unique locations and vivid color pallets.
- Featuring an exclusively produced soundtrack with original songs composed specifically for the game by known artists including Austin Wintory, Parov Stelar, Sabrepulse and La Rochelle Band.
- Play as Beatbuddy, an ethereal creature who travels to unite with his sisters Melody and Harmony and stop the evil Prince Maestro with the aid of Clef who provides comic relief throughout their journey.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.8 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Buy Beatbuddy: Tale Of The Guardians
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Harebrained Schemes has announced the release of Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the first expansion for its Kickstarter funded Shadowrun Returns. The addition to the magic-meets-cyberpunk tactical RPG will feature a new 12+ hour campaign set in Berlin, the much requested Save Anywhere feature, new enemies, new weapons, new items, and new features for the game editor.
“The response to Shadowrun Returns was so overwhelming that it inspired us to pull out all the stops in creating Shadowrun: Dragonfall. We really did our best to listen to fans and act on their feedback,” said Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Shadowrun game universe. “We are thrilled to unveil our next story and can’t wait to see all the awesome new Shadowrun stories that the community will create with the Dragonfall expansion and the Shadowrun Editor.”Shadowrun Returns is on sale now for $14.99. Learn more at the links below.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL STORY
In 2012, magic returned to our world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Among these was the great dragon Feuerschwinge, who emerged without warning from the mountains of Germany - unleashing fire, death, and untold destruction across the countryside. It took German forces nearly four months to finally shoot her down. This event became known as the Dragonfall.
Now, 42 years later, the world has changed. Unchecked advances in technology have blurred the line between man and machine. Elves and trolls walk among us, ruthless corporations bleed the world dry, and Feuerschwinge’s reign of terror is a distant memory. Germany is splintered - in Berlin, a stable anarchy rules the city. Known as the Flux State, it’s a place where almost anything goes, power is ephemeral, and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. For you and your team of battle-scarred shadowrunners, there’s no better place to earn a quick payday.
But a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. One that soon has you and your team caught on the wrong side of a deadly conspiracy. The only clue: whispers of the Dragonfall. Rumors that the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge may still be alive, waiting for the right moment to return…
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES
- Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun in an all-new 12+ hour campaign. Operating out of an offbeat hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.
- An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by Sam Powell, the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. The members of your team are designed to play unique roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- New Weapons, Portraits, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, explosive grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware, and take on deadly new enemies - including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, over 60 new portraits to choose from, and many other improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.
- Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. The new save-game functionality is available in new downloads of Shadowrun Returns and through a patch for all existing copies.
- New Game Editor Features: Dragonfall brings a wide range of enhancements to the Shadowrun Returns game editor for community content creators - including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.
The Walking Dead Season Two, Episode 2 Coming March 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games has announced that the second episode of the The Walking Dead: Season Two will launch on March 4. A House Divided is the latest episode of a five part story focusing on the further experiences of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse.
The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.Learn more, and check out the trailer, at the links below.
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode Two Trailer
Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad – and sometimes worse – than the dead? As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year.
The Season Pass gives you access to all five episodes as they become available:
- Episode 1: All That RemainsFeatures:
- Episode 2: A House Divided
- Episode 3: In Harm’s Way
- Episode 4: Amid the Ruins
- Episode 5: No Going Back
- Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two
- Based on Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic books
- Play as Clementine, an orphaned girl forced to grow up fast by the world around her
- The sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2.3 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
The Walking Dead: Season Two
Buy The Walking Dead: Season Two
Syberia Comes To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
An IMG reader recently emailed us about Microïds' release of Syberia for Mac users. The adventure game follows the adventures of Kate Walker, a young New York lawyer whose assignment to sell an automaton factory in Europe leads her on an unexpected adventure.
Along with the development of highly expected Syberia 3, French publisher Microïds keeps sharing their all-time masterpiece with the passionate of the genre, no matter their favorite support. This is now Mac owners’ turn to discover or rediscover this title designed by untypical and world famous author Benoit Sokal (Amerzone, Canardo…).Check out the links below for more information.
According to the press and the public, the strength of the series is to deal with human or society themes through a wonderful fanciful universe populated by complex automatons. With Syberia, through Kate Walker’s adventure, a New York lawyer, players go on an initiatory trip where they wonder about their ability to give up their every-day life to pursue their dream.
The game begins as the heroine arrives in Valadilene, in the heart of the French Alps with the mission to purchase, for her company, an automaton factory whose owner just passed away. Kate quickly discovers that Anna Voralberg had an heir, her younger brother Hans.
To close the deal, she has to find this man who has disappeared for decades for unknown reasons. Through this journey, she will make several encounters that will change her vision of the world for ever and reveal her true personality.
" Syberia " is fully dubbed and subtitled in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Presto Studios has released an update for the the Mac version of The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime. A complete remake of the classic time traveling adventure game, this new incarnation features content from a rare Director's Cut version of the Journeyman Project.
Patch Info:For more information click on the links below.
Pegasus Prime Update
Fixes bug caused by accessing inventory tray and pause screen simultaneously. Fixes bug caused by returning from Mars mission without an optical memory biochip. Fixes minor A.I. and audio bugs. Eliminates "semi-stuck" state if player explores WSC all the way to the end twice. Will NOT work with the 1997 CD-ROM discs.
About the game:
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime is a masterful retelling of the first installment of the highly acclaimed Journeyman Project series and introduces you to the world of Agent 5: Gage Blackwood. A rookie within the newly-formed elite Temporal Security Agency, you must prove yourself in a trial-by-fire as you desperately seek to stop the mysterious temporal terrorist behind a series of 'rips' in time. Travel through six different worlds, solving the puzzles and challenges you'll encounter on your way. It's a non-linear race against the clock to stop the deadly temporal distortions before you — and your world along with it — become history.
Mac® OS X DVD-ROM (BUY NOW):
Intel processor required
Mac OS X 10.4 or later required
512 MB RAM or greater recommended
DVD-ROM drive; 2x or faster recommended
640x480 or larger monitor, millions of colors
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls In Development, Release In 2014
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Spiderweb Software's latest newsletter confirms that the RPG developer's next release will be Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, a complete remake of Avernum 2. It's most recent RPG, Avadon 2: The Corruption, recently made its way to the iPad.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Released For iPadClick over to the site below for more information about Spiderweb's games.
We're proud to announce that our hit new full-length role-playing epic, Avadon 2: The Corruption, is now available for the iPad! Return to the world of Avadon, to fight against the invaders of your homeland. Or switch sides and join them. As always, we leave those choices to you. Previous experience with Avadon is unnecessary to enjoy this enormous adventure.
Avernum: Crystal Souls
We have already begun work on our ground-up rewrite of Avernum 2. In the same manner as Avernum: Escape From the Pit, Avernum 2: Crystal Souls will be a fresh, expanded reworking of one of our most beloved titles. Hopefully, it will be out for Windows, Mac, and portables before the end of 2014. When we have an official announcement, you can find out right away on our Facebook page.
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
Friday, February 21, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.