|Thursday, February 13, 2014|
Mad Moxxi And The Wedding Day Massacre Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Gearbox Software and Aspyr Media have announced the release of Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre, the fourth installment in the downloadable Headhunter add-on series for Borderlands 2. In this episode players help bring two star-crossed lovers together in the hopes of unifying the rival Zaford and Hodunk clans, and run into some luck (not to mention new heads and skins) along the way.
Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre was inspired by one of our favorite holidays and is full of love and cuddles, but with a Borderlands twist. This add-on features the return of Innuendo Bot 5000 and its creator, Mad Moxxi, as they try to bring two rival clans together with the help of the Vault Hunters. They think love and understanding will bring peace to the clans, but as you know, things don’t always work out the way you’d hope on Pandora – especially when it involves the Hodunks and the Zafords. Ellie also makes an appearance and tries to help out too, but she isn’t very keen on keeping things civil.Wedding Day Massacre is available now for $2.99 (USD).
Mad Moxxi And The Wedding Day Massacre
Fret not, though – you can at least bring joy to a couple of new robot characters in love with each other. When you first encounter these characters, you’ll have to work to bring them together because they can’t muster up the courage to confess their love on their own. During all this match-making, you’ll have to keep an eye out for Threshers, especially the ones that live in The Rainbrew Room as they may be swimming in… let’s just call it “the left-over distillery products”.
Like all of our previous Headhunter add-ons, once you beat the final enemy, you’ll get a new head and skin for each character class. This time the heads are a little more graphic. With these new heads, you’ll also get an inside look at the Vault Hunters, especially Zer0… though it should be said that his new head is named “N0t C4n0n” for a reason.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 13 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Buy Mad Moxxi And The Wedding Day Massacre
Mac Game Store Gets Frantic
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
Glenn Burnett's Frantic is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The wave based first person shooter challenges players to mow down frightening monsters like Creepers, Bugs, Boars, and Spiders, eventually battling gigantic boss monsters.
Frantic is a wave based first person shooter that is played at a frenetic pace. Run, gun and jump through each wave grabbing weapons as they appear and take on the monsters like Creepers, Bugs, Boars and Spiders; each with their own abilities and attacks, to complete each wave. Frantic also features boss battles with gigantic and epic monsters!Frantic is available now for $4.99 (USD).
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 256 MB RAM
- 150 MB HD Space
- 128 MB VRAM
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition Brings Myst Into The Present
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 12 comments
Cyan has released realMyst: Masterpiece Edition to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its classic point-and-click puzzler. The Masterpiece Edition is an updated version of realMyst, which was itself a 3D real-time remake of the original Myst. This latest version features reconstructed models and textures; enhanced environments with dynamic water, weather, lighting, and foliage; as well as a redesigned interface.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is a beautifully updated version of realMYST for today’s Mac and Windows computers - celebrating the 20th anniversary of Myst! The models and textures have been reconstructed to provide an amazing graphical experience. The environments have been enhanced to provide dynamic water, weather, lighting, foliage, focus, and more. The interface has been redesigned to provide an enjoyable way to explore for both novices and gamers.realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is available now for $17.99 (USD).
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - this is not your father's Myst! It’s been 20 years since Myst became your world, and there's never been a better time to revisit the Ages. This newly refreshed and rebuilt version of realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Listen to the crickets as the sun sets in the Channelwood Age. Relax in the falling leaves in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And If you’ve ever been overwhelmed by realtime 3D - too many controls or too much motion - realMyst has something for you! You have the option to play the game just like the original Myst - with a simple point and click! Point where you want to go - click the mouse and you move through the world seamlessly to the new location. As a tribute to Myst’s 20th anniversary we’ve also added the original Myst images when you play in this Classic mode. Hold down the shift key and the original Myst image pops up, so you can see the difference and fondly remember that early Myst experience.
We’ve added plenty of new features to enhance and assist you on your journey. So whether you’re visiting Myst for the first time or you want to remember the first time - there’s never been a better reason to lose yourself and let the surrealistic Ages of realMyst become your world.
Mac System Requirements:
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees & grass
- Advanced graphic effects like bloom, blur, depth of field, etc.
- Day and night - watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night
- Flashlight - for exploring dark nights or dark corners
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Classic Point & Click navigation option - just like original Myst
- Free roam interface option - standard navigation controls
- Zip Mode in Classic navigation - hold down to keep walking
- Auto quality option - checks your frame rate and auto-adjust your quality
- Interactive Guides - illustrates how to interact with objects
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce
- Bookmark feature to save & restore progress
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
- realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
- OS: OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.44 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB SM 3.0 compliant video card
- Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
- OS: OSX 10.9 Mavericks
- Processor: Intel Core i7, 2.66 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 GB SM 4.0 compliant video card
- Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Buy realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
First Person Sci-Fi RPG StarCrawlers Seeking A Kickstart
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
An IMG reader recently emailed us about Juggernaut Games new Kickstarter campaign to fund StarCrawlers. The classic first person dungeon crawler gives players the chance to build a crew from a variety of unique classes and set forth to "lead a crew of freelance adventurers and navigate corporate intrigue on the fringes of space in a classic sci-fi dungeon crawl"
In StarCrawlers, you’ll lead a crew of Crawlers, each with their own unique skills and abilities and take on jobs to explore abandoned spacecraft, battle mighty enemies, and unravel corporate intrigue.Juggernaut is hoping to gather at least $65,000 before the campaign ends on March 14.
- Classic first person dungeon crawling in a detailed sci-fi universe
- Narrative AI procedurally generates missions and dungeons with randomized encounters, traps, and enemies
- Strategic RPG style combat featuring a time unit action system
- An atmospheric soundtrack by Ben Prunty
- Class ability customization and modification
- Randomly generated and upgradeable loot
- PC, Mac, and Linux support
Check out the link below for screenshots, videos, and more information about the game.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Monday, February 10, 2014
Friday, February 7, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.