Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Aspyr Media has announced the North American release of Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition, with a global release coming on Friday. The collection combines the Game of the Year edition of Civilization V with the Gods & Kings and Brave New World expansion packs as well as all the currently released DLC content for the game.
The Complete Edition also includes the brand new Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario, an enhanced version of the previously released scenario for Spain & Inca Civilization and Scenario Pack. The scenario is also free to anyone with the Brave New World expansion already installed.
Sid Meierís Civilization V: The Complete Edition is the definitive Civilization V collection for Mac gamers who have yet to experience the famous ďjust-one-more-turnĒ addictive gameplay that has made Civilization one of the greatest game series of all time. The Complete Edition includes the original 2010 Game of the Year award-winning strategy game Sid Meierís Civilization V, plus the two critically-acclaimed expansion packs (Gods & Kings, and Brave New World) and all of the released add-on content in one complete package for an amazing value.Civilization V: The Complete Edition is available now for $49.99 (USD).
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
The Complete Edition includes:
- ENDLESS REPLAYABILITY: Play as one of 43 historical leaders and wage war by land, sea, and air, conduct diplomacy & espionage, establish religious beliefs, and discover new technologies in your quest to build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- HUGE BATTLES: Wars between empires spread across land and sea. Ranged bombardment challenges you to develop clever strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- DIPLOMACY: Negotiate with some of historyís most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. City-states present a diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- RELIGION: Cultivate Great Prophets and create a religion you can customize and enhance.
- ESPIONAGE: Send your spies into foreign cities for surveillance, to steal advanced technologies from your competitors, or to interfere with city-state alliances.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people.
- MULTIPLAYER: Challenge other players to become ruler of the world.
- Sid Meierís Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
- Sid Meierís Civilization V: Gods & Kings - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea
- Sid Meierís Civilization V: Brave New World - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack
- Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) - Cradle of Civilization Ė Asia map
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark Ė The Vikings - Cradle of Civilization Ė Mesopotamia map
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca - Scrambled Continents Map Pack
- Cradle of Civilization Ė Mediterranean map - Scrambled Nations Map Pack
- Cradle of Civilization Ė Americas map - Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario
The new Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario is actually FREE for any user that has Brave New World installed (meaning you donít have to buy The Complete Edition to access it). Itís an enhanced version of the Conquest of the New World Scenario previously released as part of the Spain & Inca Civilization and Scenario Pack and incorporates all the new features and content from the expansion packs, among other updates. It will automatically download and install for Steam users, and Mac App Store users will need to update their base game (as well as own Brave New World) via the Mac App Store.
- Explorerís Map Pack
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 8 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Sid Meierís Civilization V: The Complete Edition is available to North American users now and will be available globally on Friday, February 7 (12:00am GMT).
Civilization V: The Complete Edition (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization V: The Complete Edition
Divinity: Original Sin Mac Version Still In Progress
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios recently posted a new update for its upcoming fantasy RPG Divinity: Original Sin. In addition to more information about the latest updates to the current version of the game Larian also revealed the release date has been pushed back to a more nonspecific "Spring 2014," and confirmed in an accompanying video that work continues on the Mac version of the game.
Character presets:Head over to the links below to read and watch the latest updates.
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
We've improved character presets and included three new classes:†
Rogue: a thief-like mischief-maker equipped with a dagger and bow, specialised in keeping a low profile both in town and in combat.†
Cleric: a cross between a warrior and a wizard, with enough strength to carry a mace and armour, but enough wisdom to support and heal your party in combat.†
Knight: a two-handed sword wielding brute so invested in strength, (s)he'll need good support and armour to stay energised while hacking a path through the orcish hoards.
The game is, as ever, classless in that you can customise your heroes' abilities however you like; these presets merely provide your starting point.
Divinity Original Sin: What About The Mac Version?
Divinity Original Sin Update
The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games has released the second episode in The Wolf Among Us. Based on Bill Willingham's award-winning comic book series FABLES and licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors continues the saga of Bigby Wolf.
From the makers of the 2012 Game of the Year: The Walking Dead comes a gritty, violent and mature thriller based on the award-winning Fables comic books (DC Comics/Vertigo). As Bigby Wolf - THE big bad wolf - you will discover that a brutal, bloody murder is just a taste of things to come in a game series where your every decision can have enormous consequences. Check out the link below for more information.
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
An evolution of Telltale's ground-breaking choice and consequence game mechanics will ensure the player learns that even as Bigby Wolf (THE Big Bad Wolf), Sheriff of Fabletown, life in the big bad city is bloody, terrifying and dangerous.
Over a season of content spanning across 5 episodes:
Episode 1: FaithFeatures:
Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors
Episode 3: A Crooked Mile
Episode 4: In Sheepís Clothing
Episode 5: Cry Wolf
- From the team that brought you 2012 Game of the Year, The Walking Dead
- Based on the Eisner Award-winning Fables comic book series
- Now, itís not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect your story, but WHEN you choose to do it
- A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world
- A perfect place to begin your Fables journey, even if youíve not read the comics; this game is set before the events seen in the first issue
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
The Wolf Among Us - Season Pass (add to watch list)
Buy The Wolf Among Us - Season Pass
Unsung Story: Tale Of The Guardians Details Revealed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Yasumi Matsuno recently provided more information about Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians, a Playdek game currently the subject of a Kickstarter campaign. Described as a "turn-based, tactical war simulation RPG that plays across a great epoch, through individual story episodes," Unsung Story is a spiritual successor to games such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre.
Q: What kind of game is Unsung Story? What genre is it?The Kickstarter campaign for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians will continue until February 14 and will be successful if it reaches its $600,000 goal.
A: Like other titles Iíve worked on in the past such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre, Unsung Story will be a tactical RPG that uses a turn-based system where each unit (not each side) has its own turn. As we originally began development on this game for iOS/Android tablets, we expect the game systems at launch to be as simple as possible and free of any overly complicated mechanics. That said, with the success of this Kickstarter we fully intend to expand that gameplay, incorporating our backerís ideas into the final gameplay experience.
Q: How long will the game be?
A: The game will be composed of several episodes, each of which is like a short story. Each episode will include about four to six stages, and at launch we plan to have about five episodes in total. So based on this, there should be somewhere around twenty-five playable stages.
Q: Could you give us more details on these episodes?
A: In a distant age, war broke out between two great powers in the fantasy world of Rasfalia. The ensuing struggle lasted seventy-seven years, and would later be known as the Jelamond Uprising. Numerous heroes were born in the course of the Jelamond Uprising. Some fought bravely for half a century, while others gave their lives in the briefest of moments. The story of each of these heroes is what weíre calling an episode. By joining them in their battles that span the course of the war, players will see for themselves if these heroes are truly worthy of the glory history has accorded them. While there are five episodes, each revolving around a separate hero, planned for launch, while the game is live, we intend to continue expanding various game systems and bringing out additional episodes that showcase these systems.
Check out the links below to read more.
Unsung Story: Tale Of The Guardians
Unsung Story Design Insight from Yasumi Matsuno
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.