OOTP Announces Beyond The Sideline Football
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
OOTP Developments has announced Beyond the Sideline Football, the latest addition to its growing lineup of sports management games. Francis Cole, a former Sports Interactive programmer who worked on Football Manager and a lifelong NFL fan, is currently working on the management sim. The developers promise the game will offer a realistic modern day American football experience with all current rules and regulations and will feature all 32 teams with their real players and current rosters, A 2D engine that represents all the action on the field, and FaceGen support allowing realistic images of all players.
"I've known Francis since my days working for Sports Interactive," said OOTP Developments co-founder Markus Heinsohn. "He is a tremendously talented programmer who knows American football as well as anyone I've ever met. He has also been working on his own football gaming projects for years. I am convinced that his skills, combined with our experience creating excellent sports management games, will result in an amazing American football game which will bolster our product lineup for years to come."The game's features could change as development progresses. During the coming months, OOTP Developments plans to reveal more about the game, including screenshots.
"Having known Markus from our time at Sports Interactive together, and playing OOTP every year since, I was delighted at the opportunity to bring my football game to OOTP Developments," said Beyond the Sideline lead developer Francis Cole. "Beyond the Sideline will be an amazing American football GM game, thanks to technology such as FaceGen, releasing on PC/Mac/Linux, and having an existing code base that enables players to easily customize their leagues."
Beyond the Sideline Football isn't expected to reach Beta for a year, with a shipping date sometime in 2015. The game will offer these features:
- A realistic modern day American football experience with all current rules and regulations.
- All 32 real American football teams with their real players and current rosters.
- A 2D engine that represents all the action on the field, with the ability to call plays and watch them unfold, complete with the roar of the crowd and other sound effects.
- FaceGen support allows realistic images of all players.
- You dictate the action on the field: Set depth charts and develop strategies around your preferred style of play.
- A complete box score for every game played in the league during its history, so you can always look back on thrilling victories and agonizing defeats.
- The ability to sim decades into the future and watch teams' fortunes rise and fall as dynasties emerge, crumble, and eventually renew themselves.
- You call the shots from the front office: Participate in the draft for your team every spring; trade players; and negotiate contracts with draft picks and free agents.
- All of the (non-playable) Division I colleges as well as many more, with real players, so you can draft the next crop of superstars every year.
- A living, breathing world full of news articles from around the league and a message system that lets you field offers from other GMs and hear what your players have to say.
- A realistic sim engine whose creation was informed by 15 years of experience developing OOTP's sim engine
- Complete histories, including stats, transactions, injuries, and contracts, for all players who have participated in a training camp during the past decade.
- Nearly 50 tracked stats, allowing you to go beyond the usual numbers and dig deep into players' performance.
- Each player features a Health Scan that lets you quickly assess their current situation by showing you which areas of their body are hurt, which areas are okay, and which ones are worn.
- A clear, clean interface that lets you easily find the information you need.
- Customization options, including the ability to change team names, the number of teams, the league structure, the league's country, and a variety of settings.
Learn more at the links below.
Beyond The Sideline Football (add to watch list)
Operation Sports: Sideline Football Teaser Video
Sideline Football FAQ
Bethesda Kicks Off The Elder Scrolls Online Pre-Orders
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Bethesda Softworks has announced that it will release The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, a premium collector’s edition of The Elder Scrolls Online. The Imperial Edition will be made available in digital and limited physical formats. Both standard and collector’s editions are now available for pre-order through participating retailers and pre-purchase from the online store.
In addition to the highly-anticipated game, The Elder Scrolls Online Physical Imperial Edition includes: The Elder Scrolls Online will be available worldwide on April 4, 2014 for Mac and Windows users.
- Molag Bal Statue. A 12” statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.
- The Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel. A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius.
- Physical Map of Tamriel. A 21” x 26” printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.
- Steelbook™ Packaging. A limited edition steel case decorated in the color of the Imperials.
- Exclusive Collection of Digital Content.
- Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
- White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
- Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet scuttling along by your side.
- Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.
The Physical Imperial Edition is extremely limited in quantity and available for pre-order now through participating retailers for $99.99.
The Elder Scrolls Online Digital Imperial Edition includes the base game and all digital content outlined for the Physical Imperial Edition above and retails for $79.99.
All those who pre-order or pre-purchase either the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition in physical or digital formats will also receive The Explorer’s Pack bonus at launch, which includes: Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance.
Early Access bonuses will also be offered to those pre-ordering or pre-purchasing a PC/Mac version. A five (5) day early access bonus will be offered to those who pre-purchase the Digital Imperial Edition or the Digital Standard Edition through The Elder Scrolls Online Store. Additional early access programs are also available through participating retailers.
The Elder Scrolls Online, developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, is the latest chapter of the award-winning franchise and will bring the legendary experience online for the first time. Players can choose their own style of play as they embark upon an epic adventure across all of Tamriel, playing alone on heroic quests as in previous Elder Scrolls games, exploring the huge, rich world with a few friends, or joining with hundreds of others in massive PvP battles to save the Empire.
The Elder Scrolls Online has been rated M for Mature by the ESRB.
More information and the opening cinematic of the game is available at the links below.
The Elder Scrolls Online Opening Cinematic
The Elder Scrolls Online Store
Elder Scrolls Online (add to watch list)
Feral Reveals F1 2013 Multiplayer & Classic Edition Features
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced details about the upcoming F1 2013. The company revealed that Steam versions of the game will support up to 16 player Mac vs. PC multiplayer, while Mac App Store versions will be single-player only. Feral also confirmed the game will release as both a standard edition and a premium Classic Edition with additional content.
Cross-platform (Mac vs. PC) multiplayer for up to 16 players will be supported in all copies of the game (boxed and digital) with SteamPlay. These will be available from the Feral Store, Steam and other third-party store partners. A Steam account will be required for both activation and online play.Head over to the links below for more information.
F1 2013: Classic Edition (add to watch list)
Copies of the game purchased from the Mac App Store do not support SteamPlay and will be single-player only.
F1 2013 will be available as both a standard edition and as F1 2013: Classic Edition, a premium version of the game that includes all additional content.
About F1 2013:
F1 2013 features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 season and includes all of the new rules, tyre changes and remodeled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. Players will compete for motorsports’ ultimate prize over five seasons in Career mode, join up with a friend in Co-Op Championship mode and in the brand new Scenario Mode, master the unique set of challenges faced by real life FORMULA ONE drivers.
Players will also get to recreate historic FORMULA ONE in F1 Classics mode, which features famous cars, drivers and circuits from the 1980s. With a voiceover introduction by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, F1 Classics is a fictional racing series that lets players loose on Brands Hatch and Circuit De Jerez as a selection of the greatest drivers of yesteryear.
Additional content will be available in a premium edition of the video game, F1 2013: Classic Edition, which contains two DLC packs. The 1990s Content pack contains six classic cars, three each from the Ferrari and Williams teams, and lets players drive them as 1990s legends, including Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher. The Classic Track pack contains two additional tracks: Imola and Estoril, respectively the historic homes of the San Marino GRAND PRIX™ and the Portuguese GRAND PRIX.
- Career mode: From the first qualifying session in Melbourne to the dramatic final laps at São Paulo, pursue the coveted Drivers’ World Championship in an epic recreation of the full 2013 season.
- GRAND PRIX™ mode: Shape your own FORMULA ONE experience by creating custom championships with any combination of circuits from the 2013 season.
- Scenario mode: Take on 20 high-pressure challenges inspired by authentic FORMULA ONE racing situations.
- F1 Classics mode: Master the mighty cars and demanding tracks of the 1980s, and battle the era’s legendary drivers.
- Mid-session saves: Need to make a real-life pit stop? Save your progress and the next time you play, pick up exactly where you left off.
- Improved handling: Perfect your racing lines with the most realistic handling model yet.
- F1 2013: Classic Edition is a premium version that includes the 1990s Content and Classic Track packs, containing six cars and twelve drivers from the 1990s as well as the historic Imola and Estoril circuits
Buy F1 2013: Classic Edition
Save The Astronauts In Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Alawar Entertainment's Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village is now available for pre-order at Mac Game Store. In the game players take the role of Scarlett who intends to save starving astronauts by building and maintaining a thriving farm.
When Scarlett learns astronauts are starving because their corrupt boss made a crooked deal with a no-good contractor, she vows to prove herself worthy of taking over the account and feeding the hard-working space walkers three squares a day. To succeed, she'll need to use new buildings, products and friends as she grows crops, feeds animals, collects produce and manufactures goods. Don't miss this exciting new chapter in the award-winning Farm Frenzy series!Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village is available to pre-order now for $6.99 (USD).
Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village (add to watch list)
- Retina Quality
- 90 all-new levels
- Six new buildings
- Five new products
- The return of hidden gags!
- The ability to build and launch rockets!
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GB RAM
Buy Farm Frenzy 3: Russian Village
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 31, 2014
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.