|Thursday, January 30, 2014|
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Coming February 27, Pre-Orders Begin
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Harebrained Schemes has announced a February 27 release date for Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the first expansion for its Kickstarter funded Shadowrun Returns. The addition to the magic-meets-cyberpunk tactical RPG will feature a new full length campaign set in Berlin, the much requested Save Anywhere feature, new enemies, new weapons, new items, and new features for the game editor.
“The response to Shadowrun Returns has been the highlight our year, from our audience posting their wonderful reviews, to the gaming media who awarded us all of these 2013 honors, to the amazing community of content creators using our editor to create their own awesome stories,” said Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes. “Shadowrun: Dragonfall continues the high standards set by Shadowrun Returns, while adding in new features for the game and the editor that we hope will help draw fans even deeper into the Shadowrun Universe.”For those who will not be receiving the expansion as part of a previous Kickstarter pledge, Shadowrun: Dragonfall is available to pre-order now for $14.99.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL STORY
MAN MEETS MAGIC & MACHINE. The year is 2054. Magic has returned to the world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Unchecked advances in technology have blurred the line between man and machine. Great dragons play humanity for pawns, while ruthless corporations bleed the world dry. In this new reality of elves and trolls, corporate arcologies and terrifying new magics, anything is possible… for a price. And when the powerful and the desperate need a job done, they turn to shadowrunners: mercenaries, living on the fringes of society, surviving day-by-day on skill and instinct alone.
BERLIN. The Flux-State: a stable anarchy enforced by an ever-shifting coalition of megacorps, political factions, and savvy power players. A place where almost anything goes, and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. Dangerous jobs abound and there’s no better place to earn a quick payday – provided you live long enough to spend it. For you and your team of battle-scarred runners, it’s just another day in the Free City of Berlin.
But a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. The only clue: whispers of the DRAGONFALL, a long-forgotten event from the earliest days of the Awakened world. As you find yourself drawn into a maze of veiled dangers and strange machinations, you will come face-to-face with a grim spectre of the past… and alter the course of Berlin’s future.
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES:
- Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun as you and your team of runners get drawn into a treacherous conspiracy. Operating out of an offbeat central hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.
- An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by Sam Powell, the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. Each member of your team is designed to play an interesting role during missions and has a unique set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- New Weapons, Cyberware, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, devastating grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware, and take on deadly new enemies - including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, portraits, and improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.
- Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. In addition to being in Shadowrun: Dragonfall, this save feature will be available in new downloads of Shadowrun Returns and through a patch for already purchased versions.
- New Game Editor Features: A wide range of enhancements to the game editor for community content creators - including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Trailer
Joining Hands At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Joining Hands from MythPeople is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The "handtastic" puzzle game offers no time limits, no enemies, and no pressure for gamers looking for a unique experience without the threat of clocks or opponents.
A handtastic puzzle that leaves no hand behind! Full of charm, innovation and originality, but very easy to learn! Joining Hands is available now for $2.99 (USD).
Starts off as enjoyably mellow, with the later levels offering a perky challenge for those who yearn it.
MEET THE PEABLINS
Enter the Whispering Woods and meet the Peablins! Peablins are curious little creatures sharing a common belief: Hold hands with your friends and the Bogeyman won't dare to show up. It has worked as long as anyone can remember, so it must be true.
Join the Peablins on their quest to find all their siblings and cousins!
Drag and drop Peablins so that everyone is holding hands. Some Peablins have more hands than others... Leave no hand behind!
- No time limits, no enemies, no pressure
- Innovative, elegant and easy to learn
- Fun and suitable for all ages
- Several kinds of Peablins requiring unique approaches
- Hilarious sound effects
- More than a hundred levels
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 20 MB HD Space
Buy Joining Hands
Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Premium Edition Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
GameHouse's Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The new installment in the series follows the tale of Emily and Patrick as they set sail for their long-awaited honeymoon. The Platinum Edition includes bonus gameplay, concept art, and wallpapers.
Emily and Patrick set sail for their long-awaited honeymoon in the all-new Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition, an exciting time management adventure where it's anything but smooth sailing. The newlyweds soon find their expectations for married life are different. Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE is available now for $13.99 (USD).
Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE
Follow the newlyweds as Patrick and Emily embark on their celebration cruise. Sailing off into the horizon of wedded bliss, Emily soon discovers she doesn't know how to relax and she certainly isn't used to having others take care of her. To make matters worse, when Patrick tells her he's excited to start a family as soon as possible, Emily's response is tepid - she's not sure she's ready for that just yet. Can they find a way to be happy?
This cruise is going to be choppy, so grab a life preserver and join the adventure!
Enjoy exclusive content when you purchase Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition, including bonus gameplay, concept art, and wallpapers. These special bonus items are only available with this Platinum Edition.
- Play the latest in the Delicious series of time management games.
- Manage different places with Francois, Angela, and your other favorite Delicious characters.
- Keep Patrick and Emily happy to earn golden hearts.
- Enjoy bonus features like an extra episode, concept art, and a Delicious wallpaper.
Buy Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE
Explore The Inner World
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Headup Games' The Inner World is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The 2D point-and-click adventure casts players in the role of Robert a novice court magician who sets off with "his best intentions and no clue whatsoever" to discover the secret of the wind's disappearance.
Robert is a novice, a bit clueless, but with a heart of gold. He lives a peaceful life as a court musician in Asposia's largest wind monastery. Contrary to the laws of physics, Asposia is an enormous, hollow space surrounded by an infinite expanse of earth. The world's air is provided through three wind fountains, but as one wind fountain after the other petered out and the wind gods came to Asposia, all of the sudden Robert found him in the middle of a whirlwind. The Inner World is available now for $14.99 (USD).
The Inner World
Together with the help of the mysterious thief Laura, his best intentions and no clue whatsoever, Robert sets off on his adventure to discover the secret of the wind's disappearance. Will the young adventurer be able to save his world? And what are Laura´s secret intentions…?
Features, Features, Features! This is where The Inner World shows what it means to be lavishly with tons of content waiting for you: Screamingly funny dialogues! Numerous tricky puzzles! A handmade world fully drawn with love and devotion invites you to discover countless details (at least 325!). A patented multi-level hint system enables everyone to finish the game! A wonderful comforting atmosphere! Eye-pampering backgrounds in non-stereoscopic handmade 2D (!) - going up against all current graphic trends! Five spectacular chapters! A story with more twists than any Asposian nose! Stunning cartoon-like animations! The most epic soundtrack since the origin of Asposia as well as professional voice overs - even lip sync! Lots of cut scenes! Optional hotspots! And of course: Robert, the very-very-very-VERY-last hope for Asposia!
- Mind-boggling puzzles and a thrilling story
- Multi-layered help system
- Hand drawn environments with Parallax-effect
- Hilarious dialogues
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 1.8 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
- Intel HD Graphics
Buy The Inner World
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.