|Tuesday, January 21, 2014|
Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The adventure gives players the task of exploring a mysterious island controlled by computer AI programs. To succeed they will need to uncover a variety of secrets and deal with the unruly AI.
You have learned that your grandfather - Alfred Cypress, who you never knew you had, has disappeared. He was an eccentric and brilliant man who developed and programmed Artificial Intelligence into his living and working environments which are in different locations around the world. With Alfred's disappearance, the A.I. programs have become more self-aware, protective, and possessive of the items they protect.Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning is available now for $26.99 (USD), a 10% discount.
Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning
As your journey begins on a mysterious island, using the technology and assets provided to you, find and protect your legacy as well as all the documents and needed information hidden on Cypress Island. You only have 72 hours to complete the tasks that are put before you. With this all in mind, you must use strategy, patience and stay strong and be careful to accomplish your objectives.
- Single player, stealth based strategy gameplay
- The Cypress Bloodline - By being a part of the Cypress bloodline, Lorna Ritten is given a chance to finally find about her true identity. She has wanted to know about her true family ever since she learned she was adopted. Approached by a stranger, she is now given the opportunity to find the answers she has been wanting to know for so long.
- Open World - As Lorna, Immerse yourself in a non-linear, non-tutorial experience as you search for and uncover the secrets of the Cypress family past in an open world with day/night cycles all powered by the Unreal Engine. You will find hidden areas, outposts and vaults filled with secrets and challenges. From the endless forests to the dark shadows of the caves, there is much to discover.
- You only have one chance to complete your mission. Your choices and use of resources on Cypress Island will have permanent consequences that affect your chances of surviving the island and completing your mission.
- Locate – Find valuable information and uncover the secrets which were kept from you for so long. You will be given technology that will allow you to use stealth, which will enable you to search without being detected and will help you in achieving your mission.
- Protect – You will need to make sure these secrets are well kept and protected. Remember, the information you are about to recover could change the world.
- Survive – You must overcome challenges and obstacles while balancing your health and stamina. Having only 72 hours to accomplish your mission, you will need to use strategy, patience and stay strong to achieve your objectives.
- The Enemy – Beware Vonya and her growing army. She knows why you are here and is determined to capture you and prevent you from completing your mission. Health, stamina, how you strategize and traverse the area are extremely important to help you gain the assets she is protecting.
- Multiple endings based on choices you make throughout the game.
- Replayability - With the locations of the Cypress family secrets randomly generated by the engine, along with the A.I., you will never play the same game twice.
- Additional Chapters with several hours of extra gameplay will be added throughout 2014 at NO ADDITIONAL COST to players
- Family Friendly – no harsh violence, nudity or vulgar language
- Cause & Effect Gameplay – different every time you play
- Stunning 3D Graphics powered by the Unreal Engine
- Original Soundtrack
- Easy to learn Controls
- Oculus Rift Support Coming in early 2014
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 Ghz Quad Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.3 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6490M
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Buy Cypress Inheritance: The Beginning
Rocking With Planet Descent
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
YoYo Games' Planet Descent is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The physics based action puzzler puts players behind the controls of an asteroid mining ship. Although without weapons, the ship's grapnel hook allows players to pick up, pull, throw, smash, and topple rocks to solve puzzles they encounter.
PLANET DESCENT Planet Descent is available now for $4.99 (USD).
Piloting an asteroid mining ship; you must grab, pull and smash your way through 6 physics based planets fraught with manmade and natural dangers to retrieve a raw source of energy found only at their very core.
Although unarmed, your ship is equipped with a grapnel hook capable of lifting rocks many times the size of itself. Pick up, pull, throw, smash and topple rocks with your grapnel using real world physics to solve puzzles and descend through each level.
Set over 3 stages, each world challenges you to break through the planet’s atmosphere, destroy its defences and descend into its very core to recover a rare but volatile source of energy.
FAST CROSS-PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
This game is made using GameMaker: Studio.
- 6 Real-world Physics-based Planets to explore
- Unique and Striking Visual Style
- Original Soundtrack
Buy Planet Descent
Slitherine Launches Multiplatform Releases With Pandora
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Slitherine has announced that Pandora, its sci-fi 4X turn-based strategy game, is now available in a multiplatform package for both the digital and boxed versions. Those who purchase the game will now have access to all three versions, and current owners can request a download link for the additional platforms. Slitherine also revealed this single master approach will be the standard on all new PC/Mac/Linux releases.
Pandora - PC, Mac & Linux now all in one package!Learn more at the links below.
Pandora: First Contact
We've listened to what you said and remastered the game to have a single master for all formats. This means going forwards if you buy the PC, Mac or Linux version you'll be delivered the installer for all 3 and can re-download the installer for all 3 at any time. We've also re-mastered the disk so if you buy a boxed version you'll also receive all 3 formats on the disk, plus the free download. Existing customers can contact support for a link to download the additional platforms.
We hope those of you sitting on the fence because you had multiple platforms will now take the plunge!
We have also decided that going forwards this will be the policy on all future PC/Mac/Linux releases. They will all be multi-platform (when bought from our store). This does not apply to existing games as we do nto have the resources to go back and remaster the back catalog, this only applies to new releases.
Developed by Proxy Studios (www.proxy-studios.com), Pandora: First Contact is a science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game on a planetary scale – a spiritual successor to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.
In the future, factions have risen up from opportunities and ideologies independent of governments. Private corporations and religious movements have started wars over greed, ideology and power. Many have died and many lands lay in ruin. Planet Earth has been exhausted and colonial attempts on other planetary bodies have been in vain.
Finally, after decades of exploration, an interstellar probe has brought promise of a new world many light-years away. The most powerful factions have gathered their best men and women to send on a long journey to Pandora. Far from desolate, the earth-like planet has been found to host a plethora of indigenous life forms. While the gigantic monstrosities inland and at the oceans seem relatively calm, human-sized bugs and fungus are threatening to stop mankind's expansion.
As the various factions strive to take control, each will research and develop numerous new technologies, discovering new weapons and industry, whilst opening trade agreements and forging alliances with other factions to gain a foothold.
As they spread, they will discover ancient ruins and artifacts from alien civilizations that will grant them advantages over their rivals.
- Explore a new world harboring a variety of eco-regions, from the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south.
- Survive encounters with the planet's dangerous wild life. Deadly swarms walk the lands and agile predators fly in the skies. There is even talk of a giant creature in the oceans.
- Live in harmony with nature or use it to further your cause. The indigenous life will react to your actions and treat you accordingly.
- Discover ruins and artifacts, the relics of an ancient alien civilization long forgotten that can give you an edge against the planet life and other rivaling factions.
- Found new cities to expand the borders of your empire. Manage cities by adjusting the tax rate, choosing production and assigning colonists to jobs.
- Operate a fully globalized and pooled resource and growth system. Specialize one city to harvest minerals while churning out units in another.
- Adapt your empire to pressing demand. Your colonists will migrate between cities based on factors such as pollution and living space.
- Construct farms, mines, forts, and other improvements to increase the productivity of your colonies or to fortify positions.
- Progress through a vast randomized research tree spanning dozens of technologies providing operations, buildings, units, weapons, and more.
- Negotiate trade and research pacts with other factions for mutual benefits. Forge alliances to stand united against common foes.
- Design your own units by choosing from a range of different classes, armors, weapons, and devices to maximize the strength of your forces.
- Command vast armies across the battlefield against enemy factions, making use of the variety of terrain types to gain an advantage.
- Unleash hell on your opponents with powerful military operations, ranging from drop pods behind enemy lines to black hole generators eradicating entire landscapes.
- Prove yourself in multiplayer with friends or strangers and discover entirely new strategies.
- Customize your experience through easily moddable XML data and well-known image and audio formats.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7Recommended Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core 2 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 1 GB space free
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 256 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series / ATI Radeon 9500 series)
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8
Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 2 GB space free
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible with 512 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 series / ATI Radeon HD 4870 series)
Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse
Pandora Multiplatform Info
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Makes A Splash On January 30
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Young Horses has announced a January 30 release date for Octodad: Dadliest Catch, the sequel to Octodad. The game once again gives players the chance to lead the octopus masquerading as a human through his constant struggle to master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about daily life. Check out the page below to learn more.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family. Opposing the octopus are scores of staircases, boxes of banana peels, and one intense sushi chef.
Octodad has gotten himself in a bind between his wife's mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Manipulate his body like a squishy marionette to maintain the masquerade, as too much suspicion from the proper populace will doom him to sleep with the fishes!
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 17, 2014
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.