Insurgency Gets January 22 Release Date
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
New World Interactive recently announced a January 22 release date for Insurgency, its upcoming tactical first-person shooter for Mac and Windows PCs. The team based multiplayer shooter features cross-platform play, close quarters combat, a variety of weapons, multiple game modes, and support for up to 32 players.
About the GameFollow the links below for more information.
Insurgency (add to watch list)
Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team's survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivingly lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.
Multiplayer Game Modes:
- Over 20 weapons with numerous attachments, no crosshair, and a focus on realistic weapon behavior including a free-aim system and intense suppression effects.
- 12 multiplayer and cooperative maps that take place in 6 distinctive environments ranging from Iraq to Afghanistan to Somalia.
- 5 multiplayer game modes supporting up to 32 players, with a focus on territorial control, destroying weapon caches and escorting high value targets.
- 2 cooperative game modes where you and your friends team up to complete mission-based objectives or defend an outpost against waves of swarming enemy.
- Squad system built upon role-based player classes, which are customizable and asymmetrical based on what team you are on.
- Squad-based communication system which includes 3D VOIP, allowing friendly and enemy players within proximity to hear you.
- Overhead map detailing objective and teammate locations.
- Accumulate supply to customize and upgrade your gear, affecting your weight, stamina, and movement speed.
- Simplified HUD and UI for a clean, immersive user experience focused on the action and environments.
- Highly immersive particle FX and audio to intensify the game experience.
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK and scripting system.
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Skirmish --- Five objectives that can be secured to prolong your teamís survival. Each objective that is secured provides your team with an additional reinforcement wave. However, each team has a weapons cache objective that when destroyed will cut off this reinforcement gain. Matches often become an epic tug of war as both teams struggle to gain control of objective areas and cut the opposing teamís supplies. The balance of momentum easily shifts based upon a teamís strategy, where a crucial flanking maneuver can lead your team to a swift victory. Cooperative Game ModesClassic Game Modes
VIP --- One team must escort their VIP player to the extraction point. Both teams only have one life per round, so coordination is paramount. The VIP is only armed with a silenced pistol, but can pick up a weapon from a fallen enemy or teammate.
Strike --- This attack and defend mode has three weapons caches that must be discovered and destroyed. Blowing up a cache brings additional reinforcement and time for the attackers, while the defenders lose a reinforcement wave.
Search & Destroy --- Identical to Strikeís objectives, however both teams only respawn when a cache is destroyed.
Firefight --- Three territorial objectives, one for each team, plus one neutral. A team only respawns when an objective is secured. A skilled team can win a match by eliminating their opponent in less than one minute, so every life counts.
The popular modes Push and Battle are featured on ported versions of the original modís maps, including Buhriz and others in progress.
Mac System Requirements
- OS:MacOS X 10.6.6 or higher
- Processor:Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
Insurgency Pre-Release Trailer
Pre-Order Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
GameHouse's Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition is available to pre-order now at Mac Game Store. The new installment in the series follows the tale of Emily and Patrick as they set sail for their long-awaited honeymoon. The Platinum Edition includes bonus gameplay, concept art, and wallpapers.
Emily and Patrick set sail for their long-awaited honeymoon in the all-new Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition, an exciting time management adventure where it's anything but smooth sailing. The newlyweds soon find their expectations for married life are different. Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE is available to pre-order now for $13.99 (USD).
Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE (add to watch list)
Follow the newlyweds as Patrick and Emily embark on their celebration cruise. Sailing off into the horizon of wedded bliss, Emily soon discovers she doesn't know how to relax and she certainly isn't used to having others take care of her. To make matters worse, when Patrick tells her he's excited to start a family as soon as possible, Emily's response is tepid - she's not sure she's ready for that just yet. Can they find a way to be happy?
This cruise is going to be choppy, so grab a life preserver and join the adventure!
Enjoy exclusive content when you purchase Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise Platinum Edition, including bonus gameplay, concept art, and wallpapers. These special bonus items are only available with this Platinum Edition.
- Play the latest in the Delicious series of time management games.
- Manage different places with Francois, Angela, and your other favorite Delicious characters.
- Keep Patrick and Emily happy to earn golden hearts.
- Enjoy bonus features like an extra episode, concept art, and a Delicious wallpaper.
Buy Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise PE
Sadwick the Clown Returns In Silence: The Whispered World 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Daedalic Entertainment recently announced Sadwick, the hero of The Whispered World, will feature as a playable character alongside Renie in the upcoming sequel Silence: The Whispered World II. The next installment in the adventure series will release in late 2014.
Sixteen year old Noah, the young boy Sadwick once saw in the reflection, is all grown up and on the verge of losing his little sister Renie to the perils of war wreaking havoc in the real world. Separated in chaos of the bombs falling all around them, he soon finds himself alone and back in Silence where another war is raging on. In a bid to find his little sister in the curious world of dreams Noah, in the guise of Sadwick, joins a band of rebels fighting against The False Queen.Learn more at the links below.
Silence: The Whispered World 2 (add to watch list)
Set against stunning 3D environments, Silence: The Whispered World II takes players on an emotional and spellbinding adventure to discover the mysteries surrounding the siblings and the breathtaking dreamscape of Silence.
Daedalic Entertainment (add to watch list)
Save The World In The Last Days
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The Last Days from Gamers Digital is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The adventure game puts the fate of the world in players' hands, as they search for a way to defeat the return of an ancient enemy. The Last Days features over 40 locations to explore and a variety of puzzles to solve.
Better late than never. The Last Days is available now for $9.99 (USD).
The Last Days (add to watch list)
The fate of the world is in your hands in "The Last Days". By discovering clues left by advanced civilizations, you must find a way to defeat the return of an ancient enemy.
As Amy, you begin a long needed vacation, but suddenly find mysterious artifacts strangely out of place. How did these objects get here? What are they supposed to do? It's up to you...the clock is running...and earth is counting on you!
- Over 40 gorgeous locations, richly detailed environments/scenes
- Unique airplane navigation
- Thrilling action story
- Solve unique puzzles/mini games, and HOG puzzles
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 518 MB HD Space
Buy The Last Days
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.