IMG Previews GODUS
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new preview of 22cans' upcoming GODUS. The game puts players in the role of a god, giving them the power to create their own world and populate it with devoted followers. When not sculpting the land and guiding the course of civilization players will also be able to engage in god vs god warfare via multiplayer challenges against other would-be deities.
Here's an excerpt:
To date, much of the game involves this clearing of land for followers to build bigger and nicer houses as your realm grows; along the way you will also come upon treasure chests with cards you need to collect and shrines you need to repair, some of which increase the size of your territory and some of which open up new areas of gameplay. You need to collect the cards to advance your civilization from a primitive state to more advanced ages, and you'll get more cards when you participate in online (against a bot so far) challenges/battles against other gods and their civilizations. These battles are necessary to get some of the cards you need to advance your civilization, so Godus seems set to join the ranks of games requiring online play. As mentioned above, however, so far your battles are against a bot that has no desire to beat you. As time goes on and you gain more belief from your followers, you also gain greater god powers, culminating, so far at least, in the ability to call down meteors, presumably on your foes, but hey, you're god, you can smite who you like.Click the link below to read more.
IMG Preview: GODUS Early Access
GODUS Early Access (add to watch list)
Buy GODUS Early Access
Cities In Motion 2: Marvellous Monorails Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive has announced the release of Marvellous Monorails, a new expansion for Cities in Motion 2, the transit-planning strategy game from Colossal Order. The addition includes five new monorail vehicles as well as new elevated rails to carry them, and will require new strategies for effectively adding the monorails to cities.
In Marvellous Monorails, Cities in Motion 2 players can add five all-new monorail vehicles to their transit fleets, and give their cities a new look with elevated rails to carry them. Monorails, which work best on circular layouts, are ideal for inner-city connections, and offer a more affordable alternative to metro lines, with a choice of cars from big-and-slow to speedy-but-expensive.Marvellous Monorails is available now for $9.99. Learn more at the links below.
Cities In Motion 2 (add to watch list)
In Cities in Motion 2, players must design, construct, maintain, and expand a multifaceted transit network that serves the needs of a growing city. Fleets of vehicles, including buses, trains, ferries and subways, must be assembled and set in motion on player-created tracks and routes, providing affordable and efficient transit between growing residential and commercial centers. As players engineer their systems, the city will grow dynamically around them, keeping players on their toes with increased population, congestion, and budgetary concerns.
Cities In Motion 2: Marvellous Monorails
Buy Cities In Motion 2
Help Some Friendly Ghosts In Laruaville
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Laruaville is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The action puzzle title gives players the task of building a town so a group of friendly ghosts can have a place to live.
What do you know about ghosts? Are they scary? Do they prefer living in ruins or cemetaries? Of course not! Actually, ghosts are friendly and cheerful, and - yes, they need a place to live. But they can't build the town by themselves! That's why they need your help in this new, breathtaking match 3 game with HOGs and puzzles.Laruaville is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Laruaville (add to watch list)
- Timed and relaxed options.
- Brilliant artwork.
- Different from other match3 games you've seen before.
- Five eye-catching characters
- HOG scenes
- A big animated town to build
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 128 MB HD Space
- 64 MB VRAM
Worms Reloaded Takes The Battle To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Team 17 has returned to the popular Worms franchise with Worms Reloaded, now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. New additions to the turn-based worm combat include voice support, a variety of new weapons, achievements, leaderboards, improved graphics, a landscape editor, and new play modes.
Ten years on from Worms™ Armageddon and the turn-based comic mayhem continues in Worms™ Reloaded, an all-new edition. Worms™ Reloaded features voice support, a raft of crazy new weapons (and the return of some iconic weapons from the brand’s celebrated past), achievements, leaderboards, all new high-definition landscape themes, a range of brilliant forts for the new Fort mode, new landscape editor, new play modes, hats, skins and speech banks.Worms Reloaded is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Worms Reloaded (add to watch list)
To top it all off, there is also a highly-involving single-player experience with tutorials, deathmatches, races, fort games and puzzles. Enjoy the new High Definition full colour graphics engine, revised physics and pit your wits against the all-new A.I. with seven personality types, ranging from easy to very hard and styles like vengeful, cocky and ‘Darksider’! The game is also packed with customization options, and includes thousands of possibilities for your team of worms, tons of game options and custom levels, so you can play the game how you want!
EXTENSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CONTENT:
MASSIVELY INCREASED CUSTOMISATION:
- Campaign mode. Play through 35 single-player missions as well as 30 more in the Warzone Campaign that is tuned for advanced players.
- Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher?
- Compete against friends in the scored leaderboard.
- Training Mode. Comprehensive tactics tutorage that includes 3 tutorials and 3 different firing ranges.
NEW FULLY FEATURED LANDSCAPE CREATION TOOL:
- Wild customisation and personalization - change appearance of worm skin, choose victory dances, gravestones, voices, HUD, title and over 70 different cute, funny and downright stupid hats!
- Shop ‘til you drop! Players can buy hats, landscapes, weapons, missions, forts and gravestones with currency awarded for completing single player campaigns.
- Over 70 speechbanks - 50 re-mastered from the classics and over 20 new speech banks including the insane Cheese sound set!
- A range of great classic and new custom levels to play on, plus make your own!
WORMS™ WEAPONRY AND UTILITIES:
- Fully featured landscape editor including the welcome return of bridges and the ability to import your own custom levels into game so you can share your creation with friends and play online. Add your own start positions, mines and scheme to effectively create wild new play modes and styles of game.
- All new vertical landscapes – to take the battle to new heights!
- The scheme editor enables the changing of all aspects of the game to fit your own style, including new random objects such as the sentry guns and electro magnets, and a new fire hazard.
- 47 weapons and utilities including classic weapons from Worms™, Worms™ 2, Armageddon, World Party and the recent Open Warfare series as well as 14 brand new weapons!
- New weapons include Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies plus new persistent fire and surprise Easter Eggs!
- Classic Weapons returning include Armageddon, Concrete Donkey, Napalm Strike and yes, the Holy Hand Grenade!
HIGH DEFINITION VISUALS:
- Select from a range of classic Worms™ game modes and new modes for this edition - Crate/Shopper modes, BnG (Bazooka and Grenade), Forts and Rope Racing.
- Use the customisation tools to make your own mode!
- 13 HD graphical themes for millions of random levels - never play the same game twice!
- Worms™ has never looked this good with all new High Definition landscape artwork - based on the most loved Worms™ game ever made.
- Widescreen support, optional blur effect for backgrounds, 16 specially designed forts for the fantastic Fort mode.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.8 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 2.7 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon X1600
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Buy Worms Reloaded
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014
Friday, January 3, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.