Heroes From The Past: Joan Of Arc Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Heroes from the Past: Joan of Arc from Big Fish Games is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Players assist Joan of arc in her efforts to build a new kingdom and change the fate of her people. Heroes from the Past: Joan of Arc features three game modes and a variety of levels.
Help Joan of Arc to build a new Kingdom and change the fate of the people. Journey through beautiful scenery, relaxing music and the thrilling process of building a city in this engaging Match 3 game. Dive into an epic story of honor and courage and save the day in Heroes from the Past: Joan of Arc!Heroes from the past: Joan of Arc are available now for $9.99 (USD).
Heroes From The Past: Joan Of Arc (add to watch list)
- Build a medieval city
- Three game play modes: swap, pop, chain
- Exciting adventure
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GHz Intel Mac
- 512 MB RAM
- 62 MB HD Space
Buy Heroes From The Past: Joan Of Arc
Deathfire: Ruins Of Nethermore Goes Episodic
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
G3 Studios recently announced that its upcoming Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore fantasy will be released in episodes. The decision comes in the wake of an unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign to fund the project. G3 is now accepting donations on its website to get the first chapter of the game up and running.
The new plan for the party-based fantasy role playing game will spread the game's content over smaller chapters, giving the team the chance to focus more of its resources on fewer elements at a time. As each episode is released new elements will be integrated into the whole, making the game larger and more detailed with every chapter.
The plan is this: Instead of creating a large-scale game all at once, we decided to take an episodic approach to the game. As opposed to forcing ourselves to a development schedule that spans a year or more, and which needs to be funded up front entirely, we have decided to develop the game in installments, each an individual chapter in the story—as you would have in a book—which, when taken together make up the entire story of the original game.For more information about Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore check out the page below.
Deathfire: Ruins Of Nethermore Release Plans
However, instead of having individual smaller games, each new chapter will be entirely integrated in the whole, giving you ONE GAME that will get ever bigger!
There are a number of great examples out there, for games that have done very well using an episodic approach. Especially “The Walking Dead” by Telltale Games jumps to mind instantly as an example of episodic-delivery-done-right.
Each of “Deathfire’s” six chapters we will build, will expand the game as a whole when they are released, not only continuing the story, but also introducing new features as they enter the picture. The advantage of this approach is, I think, self-evident.
Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore is a party-based computer role-playing game with turn-based combat that hearkens back to the Golden Era of fantasy cRPGs. Built upon the power of the Unity 3D engine, “Deathfire” utilizes a first person view that gives the player the feeling of being there. A solid role-playing engine that utilizes over forty visible character attributes, along with countless invisible ones to track behavior, makes the heartbeat of the game, and it allows us to analyze and adjust gameplay on the fly, and react to the player’s actions, shaping the story around these actions and decisions.
Developed by fully independent developer and publisher G3 Studios in Southern California, and spearheaded by veteran game designer/producer Guido Henkel (Planescape: Torment, Realms of Arkania Trilogy, Fallout II, etc.), the game is currently in its early stages of development and is scheduled for release in late 2014.
Here are some of the game’s features in a nutshell for you:
- Single player, first person role-playing game
- Party-based play (four player-, plus two non-player characters)
- Six races and eight classes to choose from
- Over 34 unique character traits, plus base attributes
- Party characters interact with each other
- Turn-based combat
- Indoor and outdoor environments
- Interactive game world
- Recipe-based crafting and enchanting
- Involving, adaptive storyline with many key players and twists
- Factions for intriguing political set-ups
- Tons of monsters to battle
- Intelligent dialogue system
Deathfire: Ruins Of Nethermore
Monument Builders: Empire State Building Begins Construction
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's Monument Builders: Colosseum is now available for download and purchase at Macgamestore.com. The game gives players the chance to turn back the clock and participate in the construction of the iconic Colosseum of Rome.
Participate in the construction of the iconic Colosseum of Rome while learning tons of anecdotes.Monument Builders: Colosseum is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Monument Builders: Empire State Building (add to watch list)
Become the construction site manager of one of the world's most famous monuments: clear the site, build quarries, tame lions and take on superstar gladiators.
Don't forget to tame the lions and to hire workers, otherwise you won't finish in time!
- Build the Colosseum of Rome
- 50 levels to complete
- A ton of bonuses to unlock
- Make sure your name goes down in History
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1.6 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
Buy Monument Builders: Empire State Building
Rayman Origins Available December 12
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Feral Interactive has announced that Rayman Origins will be released for Mac on December 12th, 2013. Designed and directed by Rayman’s original creator Michel Ancel and published by Ubisoft for PC and consoles, Rayman Origins brings back the spirited 2D platforming of Rayman’s celebrated first adventure.
“Rayman Origins is a beautifully balanced game, both welcoming and challenging.” said said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “Players will need to explore every inch of the world and push their platforming skills to the limit to uncover the game’s biggest secrets.”Rayman Origins for the Mac will retail in North America for US $19.99, £12.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €14.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Meet the new crazy.
Rayman® returns in a magical adventure that brings back the spirited 2D platforming of his celebrated first outing. When a invasion of nightmarish monsters threatens the peace and tranquility of The Glade of Dreams, it’s up to the limbless legend to rescue his idyllic home.
Push your platforming skills to the limit as you jump, swim, wall-run and hover through fantastical locations including underwater labyrinths, electrified stormclouds and the fiery stomach of a dragon chef. Dive into the adventure as Rayman and his friends with shared-screen co-operative play for up to four players.
- Designed and directed by series creator Michel Ancel, Rayman Origins takes its cues from the 2D platforming that made the original game such a beloved classic.
- Vine-swing through lush jungles, ride geysers across mystical mountains and bongo-bounce over deserts of musical instruments.
- Fling Rayman’s telescopic fists at a menagerie of monsters including fire-breathing chili peppers, grumpy zombie grannies and the prickly Psychlops.
- Master magical moves including speedy wall-running and “HairlyCopter” gliding, then use them to discover new paths, bonus collectibles and hidden secrets.
- Put your heroic moves to the test in epic boss battles as you evade the jaws of a carnivorous plant, outwit a deep-sea leviathan and dismantle an immense stone golem.
- Fly through sprawling levels on the back of a giant “Moskito”, sucking up airborne enemies and spitting them out as missiles.
- Explore a wonderfully weird world brought to life with vivid, hand-drawn cartoon visuals and sparkling animations bursting with personality.
- Save the world solo or team up with friends! Play as Rayman, his slap-happy bes
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics
Rayman Origins (add to watch list)
Buy Rayman Origins
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, December 9, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.