|Wednesday, November 20, 2013|
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Lands January 2014
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Harebrained Schemes will be announcing Shadowrun: Dragonfall today, the title of the promised Berlin expansion for its Kickstarter funded Shadowrun Returns RPG. The add-on will include a new campaign, a new city to explore, a variety of new weapons, new enemies to vanquish, improvements to the game editor, and the ability to save the game anywhere (a feature which will be added to the original Shadowrun Returns campaign as well).
BERLIN. The Flux-State: a stable anarchy enforced by an ever-shifting coalition of megacorps, political factions, and savvy power players. A place where almost anything goes and the right connections can be the difference between success and starvation. Dangerous jobs abound and there’s no better place to earn a quick payday - provided you live long enough to spend it. For you and your team of battle-scarred runners, it’s just another day in the Free City of Berlin.Shadowrun: Dragonfall will be released January 2014 for OS X, Windows, and Linux and will be free to Kickstarter backers. For newcomers Dragonfall will launch at $14.99, with a Shadowrun Campaign Pack available on the same day for $24.99. The campaign pack will include both the original Shadowrun returns and Dragonfall.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
But a new threat is rising, one that could mean untold chaos and devastation. The only clue: whispers of the DRAGONFALL, a long-forgotten event from the earliest days of the Awakened world. As you find yourself drawn into a maze of veiled dangers and strange machinations, you will come face-to-face with a grim spectre of the past… and alter the course of Berlin’s future.
SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES
- Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun as you and your team of runners get drawn into a treacherous conspiracy. Operating out of an offbeat central hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.
- An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game, Sam Powell.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. Each member of your team is designed to play an interesting role during missions and has a unique set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- New Weapons, Cyberware, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, devastating grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware and take on deadly new enemies - including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, portraits, and improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.
- Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. This functionality will also be added to the original Shadowrun Returns “Dead Man’s Switch” campaign.
- New Game Editor Features: A wide range of enhancements to the game editor for community content creators - including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Details
FTL: Advanced Edition Coming Next Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Subset Games has announced an upcoming free expansion for its spaceship simulation FTL: Faster Than Light. FTL: Advanced Edition will be released next year and will include a mind control system, a hacking system, a new sector, new events, new weapons, and new effects. Subset also released a new trialer to showcase the Advanced Edition.
We’ve been working hard over the summer and are excited to finally officially announce a free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition! FTL: AE is a huge content addition that includes new weapons, drones, augments, systems, enemies, and more. Here are some details on just a few of the additions visible in the trailer:Head over to the pages below for more information.
FTL: Advanced Edition Trailer
In addition to new content, we’ve continued to polish FTL and add some of the most requested small features. As a few examples: you’ll be able to save your crew positions and send them back to battle-stations, save and quit during combat, and find more items for purchase in stores.
For the purists out there, FTL vanilla will still be available. All of the new content can be disabled from within the hangar before starting a new game.
- Mind Control System: Temporarily turn enemies into allies. Force a boarder to repair the damage they just did, or have the enemy pilot sabotage their own helm.
- Hacking System: Lockdown and disrupt enemy systems. Unique effects for each system, ranging from forcing a teleporter remove boarders to making the medbay damage instead of heal.
- New Sector and Events: Our writer Tom Jubert has returned along with special guest writer Chris Avellone (of Planescape fame), who managed to find some time for us between his work on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. They’ve been helping us add a new sector and scatter new events throughout the rest of the game.
- New Weapons and Effects: Many new weapons that take advantage of new mechanics: overcharging to increase the number of volleys, stun effects to freeze crew, and area effect targeting, to name a few.
- And more systems, drones, augments, enemy ships, enemy layouts, and hostile environments. All of which we’ll be sure to talk about more in the coming weeks!
FTL: Advanced Edition
FTL: Faster Than Light
Endless Space: Search For Auriga Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Amplitude Studios has announced the release of a free expansion for Endless Space, its 4X space strategy title. Titled Search for Auriga, the add-on includes new heroes, a new wonder, a unique new planet, AI improvements, and the implementation of rally points.
Generations ago, Nadjne Zolya made room for Opbot in an overcrowded ship leaving a dying planet. Though Opbot was a skilled medical operative, he had accepted that the humanoids would save themselves first and leave him to decay as magneto-gravitational cataclysms made the planet of Auriga unlivable. Surprised by their offer, Opbot repayed the Zolya can for decades, then centuries, as their restless, homeless clans moved from planet to planet, system to system, and battle to battle.For more information about the new expansion follow the link below.
Endless Space: Search For Auriga Details
Driven from their simple tundra world by a fleet of pirates, they once again took up the life of homeless marauders. It was then that Opbot had the idea to rediscover Auriga; an idea that quickly blossomed in to an all-consuming passion. But memories are faulty, galaxies move, and records are often missing or poorly kept; it turned out to be far more complex than he thought.
It was hundreds of years later that he was sure enough of his findings to present them to a very hesitant Tulela. But Opbot told her of what he remembered: Endless warrens of laboratories, storehouses of knowledge, ruins and artifacts scattered across the landscape like pebbles on a beach. In the end, Tulela agreed to seek that lost and fabled planet.
As their tiny fleet arrives, other civilizations that have tracked them or searched themselves for the planet begin to appear; the name of Auriga is famed across the settled galaxy. Auriga will once again become a focus of war and strife, for whatever faction can find, and hold, this precious world will have access to the greatest scientific wisdom of the galaxy.
Endless Space: Gold Edition
Buy Endless Space: Gold Edition
PixelJunk Shooter Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
PixelJunk Shooter from Double Eleven and Q-Games is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The action adventure challenges players to pilot a spacecraft through a range of cavernous environments on a mission to save a trapped scientist.
In PixelJunk™ Shooter, you must pilot your spacecraft through a range of cavernous environments in a bid to save the scientists trapped underground. Making your way through the game will rely on your keen sense of observation and the ability to manipulate your surroundings. Add in a swarm of dangerous enemies, hazardous substances and stranded survivors in need of your help and your mission objectives are pretty clear! PixelJunk Shooter is available now for $6.74 (USD), 25% off the regular price.
Action, adventure and entertainment await you. Be the hero and rescue the stranded scientists while enjoying a world of fun retro visuals and a dynamic soundtrack that reacts to the level of danger that you find yourself in!
- Battle across 15 stages with your spacecraft to save the scientists
- Navigate cavernous puzzles by manipulating water, magma and even a strange magnetic black liquid
- Recruit a friend and play local coop
Buy PixelJunk Shooter
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 18, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.