|Tuesday, October 15, 2013|
Dominions 4 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Ilwinter Game Design has announced the release of Dominions 4, the latest installment in the fantasy strategy series which began fifteen years ago. The game puts players in the role of a a would-be god intent on leading his followers on a path to ensure ascension to true godhood. To succeed they will need to make use of the game's over 2,000 units, 75 unique playable nations, and millions of possible gods.
In Dominions 4, you are one of multiple would-be gods in your realm and must lead your followers on a path to ensure that it is you who ascends to true godhood. The ascension requires the conquest of your enemies through military or force of your dominion or to capture enough sacred Thrones of Ascension to claim your rightful spot.Find out more at the link below.
Dominions 4 is divided into three playable eras, early, middle, and late. Each era has different, yet connected, nations. Every nation has a variety of historical or mythological troops that are connected to real world history and mythos as well as various other benefits or problems. Upon selecting a new nation you will also be given an option of would-be gods to select. Every god is radically different with different mythos, stats, powers, and magic and can be massively customized to fit your nation or strategic plan. Perhaps you wish to create a hulking Cyclops with rock like skin and the proper magic to forge super powerful magical items, sending your god to the front lines and obliterate your foes. Perhaps, instead, you would create a physically frail Phoenix, instead using your magical fire affinity to rain destruction across the battlefield as well as through global enchantment without a care in the world if he dies, for if a Phoenix dies in your domain it is instantly reborn at your capital. Or stranger still, to create a god that summons monsters every turn like Pan and focus instead on leaving him in the safety of your capital summoning creatures from mythology to do his bidding alongside the regular national troops. There are millions of possible combinations to choose from.
Dominions 4 brings several major improvements and changes to the Dominions franchise. The largest of these changes is the Thrones of Ascension, which not only add valuable boosts to your blessed troops and help spread your dominion, but give an objective based game that is much faster than the previous Dominions games to win at. Additionally Dominions 4 has Disciples Mode, which adds a co-op mode where multiple players can have mini-gods called disciples which work together to ascend their pretender to godhood. Veteran players of Dominions will find a lot of UI and streamlining improvements, including the ability to auto-recruit, set battle formations, wrap-around maps, improve fortifications, and much more. Lastly the number of units and nations has increased about 20%, adding even more variety to the already robust world.
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mousechief's 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The unique casual game was a finalist in the Nuovo category of this year's Independent Game Festival and received an honorable mention in narrative. 7 Grand Steps combines board game mechanics with a narrative spanning the formation of modern western civilization.
What legacy will your family leave behind? From the cradle of civilization to the end of a shattered empire, you'll guide your family, generation by generation, in 7 Grand Steps. Using an innovative combination of board game mechanics, slot machine fun, mechanical visuals and storytelling, this game will help you tell your family's tale. Spend tokens to traverse the wheel of life, earn tokens by risking death, create legends and build a legacy. Survive the ages in 7 Grand Steps today!Learn more at the site linked below.
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
- An enormous tableau of ancient western culture awaits your exploration:
- Core Mechanic - Back and forth tactics, across four social boundaries, to win legend points.
- Family Strategy - Romance. Raise children. Rite of Passage.
- Family Drama - Tales in the life. Sibling rivalry. Failed branches. Graveyard of ancestry.
- Grand Legends - Earned over generations, they strengthen your family: Discoveries and Invention. Social Advancement. Heroics.
- Ruling Games - City Administration. Warring Kingdoms. Imperial Senate.
- The Challenges of an Age - Special for each social level. Survive and overcome, to enter a new age.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB HD Space
- 500 MB VRAM
Buy 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
Pre-Order Rocksmith 2014 Edition At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Rocksmith 2014 Edition from Ubisoft is now available for pre-order at Mac Game Store. The software gives users the chance to plug in a real guitar or bass and learn to play guitar with a virtual band. Rocksmith 2014 Edition features 50 hit tracks ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition is the fastest way to learn guitar*. Plug in any real guitar or bass and join over 1 million people who have learned with the award-winning Rocksmith method. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is available to pre-order now for $59.95 (USD). Those who pre-purchase will receive Cherub Rock by the Smashing Pumpkins.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The all-new Rocksmith 2014 Edition is bigger, better, and faster than ever. Rebuilt from the ground-up, you’ll experience vastly improved features, a new look, more flexible and deeper practice tools, new techniques and tunings, over 50 new hit songs, and much more.
With the revolutionary Session Mode, Rocksmith 2014 Edition takes guitar-learning to the next level by allowing you to play guitar with a virtual band that follows your every lead. Select from an assortment of backing instruments or styles, and Session Mode reacts to the notes you play.
Start your journey with Rocksmith 2014 Edition.
- A proven method to learn guitar fast. - National research studies have found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar. Over 95% of players have improved their guitar skills. Whether you’re a beginner touching a guitar for the first time, or a seasoned player mastering your sound, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.
- A reimagined experience. - Newly redesigned menus and in-game interfaces are now clear, smooth, and blazing fast. It’s never been easier to play along and get feedback on your performance as you go.
- Learn your favorite songs. - Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is also backward compatible with the songs you have from the original Rocksmith.
- Designed for ease and speed. - Features are now more accessible and flexible than ever. A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable. Or jump into over 10 new and improved Guitarcade mini-games to hone your skills.
- An authentic guitar playing experience. - Rocksmith 2014 Edition includes new tunings, techniques, effects, amps, pedals and tones for an unprecedented degree of accuracy and a deeper level of guitar learning than ever before.
- Learn to jam with Session Mode. - Session Mode lets you experience playing alongside a virtual band. Choose your own combination of instruments to follow your lead. With on-screen prompts and objectives that motivate learning and improvement, you can enjoy the feeling of jamming whether you’re a beginner or advanced player.
- Get plugged in. - Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox™ 360®, PS3™, PC, or Mac.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Game Requirements Subject To Change
- The Rocksmith Real Tone Cable is not included with the purchase of Rocksmith and must be purchased separately. Please see your local retailer or many online stores to purchase the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.
- Rocksmith requires a unique 1/4" -t- USB cable, that is the first of its kind, which allows users to plug any real guitar with a quarter-inch jack directly into their console or PC/Mac.
- Developed exclusively for Rocksmith, this revolutionary cable turns the guitar's signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through video game consoles or PC for the first time.
- The use of a second Rocksmith Real Tone Cable allows for simultaneous split-screen cooperative play while playing Rocksmith
Buy Rocksmith 2014 Edition
Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition Celebration Video
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
To celebrate the recent release of Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition 2K Games and Gearbox have released new celebration video.. Brought to Macs by Aspyr Media, the compilation includes 4 add-on campaigns, 2 new playable characters, the first level cap increase, new battle arenas, and a variety of other new content. Borderlands 2 continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action gameplay and zany humor.
It's been a year of shooting-and-looting out in the Borderlands, and there are still vault hunters dropping into Pandora every day! Now with the Game of the Year Edition, new players can grab the base game and tons of add-on content in one package. As a thank you to our fans, 2K and Gearbox created this compilation trailer for your viewing pleasure.
Now grab your guns and get out there -- the loot's not going to collect itself!View the new video at the link below.
Borderlands 2: GotYE Celebration Video
Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition
Buy Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 11, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.