Avadon 2: The Corruption Begins October 30
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Spiderweb Software has announced an October 30 release date for the upcoming sequel, Avadon 2: The Corruption. To celebrate the company has also released two new screenshots. The indie role-playing adventure will return players to the Black Fortress where they will have to decide whether to aid the beleaguered Avadon or assist those attempting to destroy it.
Avadon 2: The Corruption is the second chapter in the epic Avadon trilogy. In this fantasy role-playing adventure, you will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure as you try to save your homeland from civil war and fiery destruction.Click over to the links below for more.
Avadon: The Corruption Screenshots
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
- Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
You are an agent of Avadon. The Black Fortress. Your job is to protect your homeland from the limitless threats that surround it. Titans. Monsters. Barbarians. Fading, jealous empires. The warriors and spies of Avadon must keep them weak and divided. Your resources are unlimited, and all must obey you.
But then Avadon was attacked. A sneak raid shattered the fortress, and, with it unable to keep order, madness has resulted. Civil war, barbarian raids, even conspiracies to destroy your people. Avadonís power and influence has faded, and yet your people need it more than ever.
Everything is falling apart, and a shadowy power has risen to destroy your homeland. What will you do? Will you fight your enemies? Or will you join them and end Avadonís power once and for all? The choice is yours!
Windows/Macintosh System Requirements:
- PC Running Windows XP or later or Macintosh running System 10.6 or later
- 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
Spiderweb Software (add to watch list)
Avadon 2: The Corruption (add to watch list)
Buy Avadon 2: The Corruption
Dark Matter Survival Horror Platformer Coming Soon
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Iceberg Interactive and InterWave Studios has announced a mid-october release for Dark Matter. The action oriented 2.5D survival platformer is set in a derelict spaceship inhabited by a sinister alien presence and infested with deadly parasites. Players will need to scavenge for supplies as they struggle to survive against their enemies.
Michiel Beenen, CEO at InterWave Studios says: "After Nuclear Dawn, we dedicated ourselves to a more personal project, a revival of the Metroidvania canon, but with an InterWave twist. Dark Matter is a fantastic convergence of passion and technology, a dark world to explore, a great new story to discover. We are excited to bring it to a worldwide audience thanks to Iceberg's great work."For more information head over to the page below.
Dark Matter (add to watch list)
Developed by InterWave Studios, Dark Matter is set in a derelict spaceship inundated by a sinister alien presence and infested with deadly parasites. As the Ensign, players must explore the adrift spaceship Endeavour through echoing, fetid hallways and facilities, scavenging for parts and blueprints, while expanding their arsenal and customizing their combat style against the intelligent and reactive enemies.
Dark Matter takes a unique spin on the survival horror genre, set in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on hard-hitting tactical combat and exploration in a beautiful 2D/3D setting. This unique side-scrolling action/survival horror game presents players with heavy tension, as they must decide whether to use environmental resources to prevent an unknown alien presence from ravaging them to pieces, or skilfully wield upgradable weapons one bullet at a time to stay alive.
Dark Matterís key features include:
- 14 levels set in a gritty tale of deep space survival
- Four weapons, each with four ammo types
- The ability to collect scrap and alien resources to craft tools and health packs
- Specialized weapon upgrades that enable players to develop their own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to player actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects enabling gamers to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to their enemies
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom-shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- Steam Cloud support for save games
- SteamPlay, available for Windows, OSX and Linux
Help A Little Girl And Save A World In Finding Teddy
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Finding Teddy from Plug In Digital is now available to download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The point-and-click adventure follows the exploits of a young girl who enters a magical world in search of her stolen stuffed animal.
A little girl was sleeping peacefully with her Teddy bear, when suddenly, a monster popped out from her cupboard then stole her favorite plush. Finding Teddy is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Finding Teddy (add to watch list)
When closing the door, the little girl awoke then got inside the cupboard. She's projected in a magical world, full of monsters and oddities where she has to discover the place and help their beings and find back her Teddy.
Still one question remains: will she be able to go back to the real world ?
The little girl : She's the main character, she's looking for her Teddy bear.
Mister Fly : Very useful fly to access some items where the little girl can't go. Verycourteous.
Mister Cat : Has a bad temper, nevertheless useful to access small places and narrow galleries. Just need to scratch its back.
In a very traditional point'n'click way, the inventory is very easy to use. Just drag'n'drop the items where you want.
You can also click everywhere on the screen to interact with the environment.
You will meet two characters who'll help you in your periple.
You can save the game anytime, if you get killed, you'll go back to the same place, no need to load your game.
No dialogue. Riddles are the main point of the game.
- The revival of Point'n-Click.
- Graphics completely handmade, realized pixel by pixel.
- An adventure divided into three chapters including dozens of riddles with multiple side quests.
Pre-Order Finding Teddy
XCOM: Enemy Within 'Security Breach' Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
2K and Firaxis recently released a new trailer for XCOM: Enemy Within, an upcoming expansion for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The video, titled Security Breach, focuses on a rogue organization intent on disrupting XCOM operations by acquiring alien tech for their own use.
A rogue organization, known as EXALT, is threatening to undermine XCOM operations by acquiring alien technology for their own use. You will need to send in covert operatives to track down the source of this new threat and eliminate it.Check out the link below to view the new video.
XCOM: Enemy WIthin Security Breach Video
XCOM: Enemy Within is the expansion to the 2012 Game of the Year award-winning strategy game, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. As the commander of XCOM, build and expand your base, recruit and train your soldiers, and research alien technology to advance your capabilities in fierce battles against a terrifying alien invasion.
XCOM: Enemy WIthin Video And Images
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
XCOM: Enemy Within (add to watch list)
Buy XCOM: Enemy Within
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.