Lara Croft Swings Into Action On Macs This Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Feral Interactive has announced that the action adventure game Tomb Raider will be released for the Mac later this year. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix for PC and consoles, Tomb Raider is the series reboot that tells the story of how a young woman becomes the extraordinary Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.
“We all know Lara Croft as a coolly self-assured adventurer, but she wasn’t always that way,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “Tomb Raider does an amazing job of tracing the character’s evolution from amateur explorer to battle-hardened survivor. It’s a tense, but intensely exhilarating journey.”Pricing, system requirements, multiplayer details and a minisite dedicated to Tomb Raider for the Mac will be revealed closer to the release date. A trailer for Tomb Raider is available now on Feral's YouTube channel.
Tomb Raider (add to watch list)
“We’re excited to bring Tomb Raider to the Mac, and in doing so introduce a new audience to Lara Croft’s original story,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix. “This is one more step on the road to achieving everything we wanted with the game.”
Winner of over 40 awards, the critically-acclaimed Tomb Raider had the biggest opening week sales in franchise history, and continues to be one of the top-selling titles of 2013.
When Lara is shipwrecked on the lost island of Yamatai armed with only her instincts, she soon finds out she’ll have to push the limits of endurance if she’s to uncover the island’s terrible secrets, save her friends and escape with her life.
To survive, Lara must adapt .Pursued by a savage cult, she will climb, jump and scramble her way through huge interlinked environments, from untouched forests to ancient Japanese temples, abandoned WWII bunkers and a sprawling shantytown. She’ll also need to master new skills, salvage vital resources and regularly upgrade her kit and weapons if she is to uncover Yamatai’s long-buried secrets.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Buy Tomb Raider
The Delicious Bundle: 7 Games For $19.95 This Weekend At MGS
1:54 PM | IMG News | 2 comments
This weekend Macgamestore.com is offering a special Delicious Bundle featuring seven Delicious games for just $19.95, a savings of over $95 off the regular price. The Offer expires Monday, October 14th, 2013.
The games included in the bundle include:
- Delicious - Emily's True Love Premium Edition
- Delicious - Emily's Wonder Wedding Premium Edition
- Delicious: Emily's Childhood Memories Premium Edition
- Delicious - Emily's Holiday Season
- Delicious - Emily's Tea Garden
- Delicious 2 Deluxe
- Delicious: Emily's Taste of Fame
Head over to the link below for more information.
MGS: The Delicious Bundle
Wasteland 2 Attributes And Skills Defined
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a Kickstarter update InXile Entertainment recently offered new information about the company's upcoming post-apocalyptic Wasteland 2 RPG. The new post includes details about progress on the core character systems of attributes and skills.
Attributes are the starting values that define your character. You allocate them at character creation and while they can be upgraded during the course of the game, opportunities to do so are sparse. Attributes are key in determining the core characteristics of your ranger. They affect things like how many action points you have, how much movement each action point allows, how many survival points you gain per level, your carry weight, and many other variables. We’ve always said choices and trade-offs are a main design focus and character creation certainly supports this. Attributes have a cap of 10 and you will start with a smaller attribute pool than you may be used to. Each attribute point has a dramatic effect on your ranger, which leads to some very different feeling rangers based on how you distribute them.Check out the rest at the link below.
Wasteland 2: Honing Our Skills
If a specific attribute is very low, that may cap the related skill or could mean the character is incapable of using some items with attribute requirements. Of course, we will be balancing attributes and skills throughout beta, so some of these might be modified further. Outside of the core uses, NPCs in the world will react to specific characters based on their attribute make-up.
The attributes are (with some but not all uses listed):
- Coordination (CO): General coordination and ability to operate firearms. Determines action points (AP) and increases your critical hit chance at range.
- Luck (LK): Luck of the roll. Improves crits with weapons, gives you a chance to get an additional AP during your turn and affects many other interactions throughout the wasteland.
- Awareness (AW): Ability to notice events happening around you. Increases initiative in combat (turn order), increases evasion rate.
- Strength (ST): Pure physical strength. Increases your maximum constitution earned per level, increases close combat damage, increases carry weight.
- Speed (SP): Physical speed and movement rate. Increases movement per AP in combat, reduces length of skill usage progress meters.
Intelligence (IQ): Knowledge, wisdom and general problem-solving. Increases skill points gained per level.
- Charisma (CHR): Charm, personality and swagger. How NPCs perceive your likeability or persuasiveness.
Wasteland 2 (add to watch list)
Trent Oster Discusses Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
RPG Gamer has posted a new interview with Overhaul Games' Trent Oster about the upcoming Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Scheduled to launch on November 15 the game will include the original Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and the Throne of Bhaal expansion, as well as four new party members, a variety of new areas to explore, the new Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay arena combat adventure, and a host of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Johnathan Stringer (RPGamer): What is the current status of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition?Read more at the page below.
RPG Gamer: BG2EE Interview
Trent Oster (Overhaul Games): Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition is nearing completion. We are almost done with all the engine improvements, and we are testing many of the new features in the original BG:EE with our Beamdog users. Everyone who bought BG:EE from Beamdog will have access to the beta. Since we've re-written large amounts of code, we need to ensure the save game system is compatible and ensure our extensive re-work has solved our issues with the integrated Intel cards and the limited Open GL support offered by them.
JS: What new content will be in Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition? Are you adding any new characters that weren't in the first game?
TO: We've brought back the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan, Neera the Wild Mage, and the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad (voiced by Mark Meer of Mass Effect fame). Each new character has some deep character development arcs, and there's a ton of new content and places to explore.
We're also adding another new NPC, but we are keeping the new character under wraps for now. Suffice to say we've addressed a major request for a certain character type to join your party. And no, it's not Baeloth. He's busy.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (add to watch list)
Creeper World 3 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Knuckle Cracker has announced the release of Creeper World 3, a new addition to the Creeper World franchise. The strategy game pits players against an enemy that literally flows over the terrain. To survive and conquer they will need to make use of terraforming tools, advanced weapons, orbital drops, and other devices as they battle on maps of variable size and shape. Creeper World 3 will also include a full map editor with support for advanced scripting.
Flowing liquid-like enemies, digital creeping enemies, and custom scripted opponents are a few of the challenges that face players in this genre-altering expansion to the Creeper World series. Creeper World 3 once again shocks strategy gaming by refining and significantly expanding the core game play of the prior highly successful Creeper World titles.Creeper World 3 is available now for $14.95. Learn more about the game at the links below.
Creeper World 3 (add to watch list)
Players engage a compelling story across countless missions fighting back a fluid enemy that literally flows over the dynamic terrain. Players employ terraforming tools, advanced weapons, orbital drops, and other devices as they engage on variable size and shape maps.
Also featuring a full map editor with support for advanced scripting, players are armed with the tools to create an infinite variety of user generated content. Maps can be shared on-line and include game play that spans casual to serious.
Creeper World 3 takes this compelling series to a new level of uniqueness and entertainment.
- Unique game play featuring an enemy that flows over the map.
- Thermodynamic physics based play.
- Dozens of unique units and enemies.
- Billions of total missions.
- Story arc with insane and unique enemies.
- Explore hundreds of star systems with thousands of worlds in Prospector missions.
- Hundreds of hand crafted missions in the Alpha Sector.
- Dial up your own mission worlds using the 'Dial Map Device' and share the address.
- Create your own maps using the included map editor.
- Play on maps of variable size, dimension, and shape.
- Script your own enemies and effects using the built in scripting language.
- Fight the Creeper, Digitalis, Runners, and other enemies.
- Terraform the landscape during missions to take the higher ground.
- Mine ore and make Anti-Creeper.
- Support for fields, projectiles, orbital drops, resources, and more.
- Discover experimental weapons that devastate the enemy.
- Includes customization of key mappings and other settings.
- Play full screen, window, various resolutions.
- Share thousands of unique maps with an established, enthusiastic on-line community.
- Features a unique, original, and awesome soundtrack.
- Hundreds and hundreds of hours of unique game play.
Creeper World 3 Demo
Creeper World 3 Trailer
Buy Creeper World 3
Dominions 3: The Awakening Conquers MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Ilwinter Game Design's Dominions 3: Awakening is available now for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The game is a turn based strategy title taking place in a fantasy world with world altering magic rituals and horrors capable of destroying nations.
The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to.Dominions 3: The Awakening is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Shrapnel Games (add to watch list)
A large variety of spells, monsters and special abilities is something this game definitely has. There are more than 60 different nations, 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.
- Many monsters (1500+) and many many special abilities.
- Over 60 different nations to choose from, varying from Marignon with paladins, witch hunters and inquisitors to under water nations like the Lovecraft inspired R'lyeh.
- Three Eras to play in, Early era is most magic and the late era is more technologically advanced with good steel weapons and armors.
- Design your pretender god and how his dominion influences provinces and his sacred units.
- Multiplayer with simultaneous turns (up to 23 players).
- AI opponents for single- or multiplayer game.
- Random maps.
- An extensive magic system with over 600 spells.
- Global ritual that affect the entire world.
- More than 300 magic items.
- Unique magic artifacts that all players compete for, once forged no one else can make it.
- Mercenaries are bought on a global market.
- Scouts, Assassins, Spies, Seducers, Corruptors, Werewolves, Illusionists and more can be sneaking in your provinces.
- Build Castles, Temples and Labs.
- Permanent battle afflictions.
- A 300 page pdf manual including a tutorial and a spell and magic item reference.
Dominions III: The Awakening (add to watch list)
Buy Dominions III: The Awakening
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.