Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Testing Enters Hardware Phase
7:31 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Overhaul Games has posted details about the next phase of testing for the upcoming version 1.2 patch for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. A modified version of Bioware's fantasy role playing game set in the Forgotten Realms, BGEE features an enhanced version of the Infinity Engine, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, new adventures, new party members, and new character kits.
Hardware Compatibility TestCheck out the site below for more.
Beamdog (add to watch list)
We're dedicated to making Baldur's Gate work on the widest range of hardware possible. To do this, we're doing an exhaustive test on every hardware configuration we can find.
For Phase II, we'll be handing out copies of the beta to a select number of people to test it on their own systems. When we're satisfied that Baldur's Gate runs great on enough configurations, we'll move on to Phase III.
We'll be giving priority to those who are currently experiencing issues, with preference shown for those with unique hardware configurations. Copies will be given through Beamdog.com, and installers will be provided for both Windows and Mac as needed. Keep reading for more details on how you can be a part of this process.
Overhaul Games (add to watch list)
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (add to watch list)
Jack The Ripper - New York 1901 Debuts At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's Jack The Ripper - New York 1901 is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The point and click adventure title sends players back in time to play the part of a young rookie sent to investigate the infamous Ripper murders.
THE ADVENTURE Jack The Ripper - New York 1901 is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Jack The Ripper - New York 1901 (add to watch list)
"1901, Jack the Ripper, the famous London killer, is back in New York 13 years after bringing terror to the British capital. At least, that's the rumor doing the rounds following the horrific murders of two prostitutes.
Play the part of James Palmer, a young rookie sent to investigate this dreadful affair."
A Point&Click adventure using 360° vision technology in every scene.
The game is not a copycat portage of the PC version but an adaptation for touch screens and mobile platforms.
- A thrilling and immersive adventure
- A soundtrack to make you tremble
- Characters' voices by real actors
- More than 40 characters and 12 specific universes
- A multitude of challenges requiring logic and perspicacity
- Voices and texts translated in full into English!
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Intel Mac
Buy Jack The Ripper - New York 1901
Control Command Escape Reviews Metro: Last Light
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Control Command Escape has posted a new review of Metro: Last Light from Deep Silver. The first person shooter with survival horror elements takes place in a post apocalyptic future in which players must struggle to survive against mutants and the perils of a looming civil war.
Last Light positively smothers you in exposition. From the start of the game (which has the most pointlessly prolonged menu screen animation ever) you’re fed cutscenes stuffed with overloaded narration, then once in the game you’re talked at, apparently without any of the characters needing to pause for breath. The storyline is clearly Very Important to the designers, and having not played through Metro 2033, I was initially glad that it seemed to be filling me in on some of the backstory, but within minutes my brain was steadfastly rejecting any more information like it was a back-alley skin graft.Read the full review at the link below.
Control Command Escape: Metro Last Light
This continues in one form or another throughout the game, but when it’s at its worst is wherever there’s another character accompanying you, as they’re more than happy to just talk and talk and talk, even though Artyom himself never makes any attempt at communication (rather laughably in some cases). There’s even a point where you get an achievement just for sitting through a twenty minute cutscene.
Metro: Last Light (add to watch list)
Buy Metro: Last Light
Unleash The Power Of The Mind With Ciphers
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released another new early development blog post focusing on the creation of its upcoming Project Eternity RPG. The update focuses on the Ciphers, one of the unique new classes players will have the chance to use in the game.
Contemporary ciphers are fighting casters, like the Glanfathan "mind hunters" who invented the discipline. When engaged in physical combat, they use an Ability called Soul Whip to contact and drain the psyches of their targets. Recognizable by the purple flames that engulf a cipher's weapons, Soul Whip generates a Focus resource that ciphers can use to power their abilities. Though ciphers begin combat with a modest amount of Focus, their more advanced techniques demand large expenditures of Focus. Additionally, repeated uses of even minor powers will quickly drain a cipher's Focus, requiring them to dive into physical combat to generate more.Check out the full article at the page listed below.
Project Eternity Update: Ciphers
Cipher powers are not limited to mental manipulation. They have abilities that allow them to use a target's soul energy to "leak" and burst into flame, to generate a physical shockwave of that knocks down everyone behind the target, or even to bend back toward the cipher, creating a field of protective energy around him or her.
With the exception of Soul Whip, all cipher powers require Focus and a nearby target other than themselves, one with a "housed" soul. In practical terms, this means that ciphers must always target a nearby ally or an enemy with their powers. It is impossible for them to target themselves, a distant target, or open ground.
Here is a sampling of some of the cipher's abilities:
- Soul Whip (Modal) - At close range, the cipher's weapons generate fields of parasitic energy that lash out at a target's soul. The Soul Whip mode reduces the amount of damage caused, but each successful hit briefly lowers the target's Psyche defense and generates Focus for the cipher (attacks Psyche).
- Mind Wave - The cipher violently intrudes into an enemy's mind, Stunning the target (attacks Psyche) and generating a cone of concussive force behind him or her that can knock down anyone in its path (attacks Fortitude).
- Soul Shock - The cipher causes an ally's soul to "crack" and violently release energy into the physical world. The resulting explosion of electrical (Shock) energy damages everyone nearby except the target (attacks Reflexes).
- Psychovampiric Shield - The cipher drains Intellect from enemies and uses it to temporarily increase his or her Deflection. The increase in the cipher's Deflection is dependent on how much Intellect he or she successfully drains from victims (attacks Psyche).
- Mind Blades - The cipher uses the souls of nearby enemies to generate attacks against the subjects themselves. Each target is attacked once by a slashing "mind blade" which then moves on to the next nearest enemy up to a maximum of five targets (attacks Deflection).
- Recall Agony - The cipher causes the target to re-experience the pain of a wound moments after the target originally suffered it. The damage is a percentage of the original value, but it ignores the armor of the target (attacks Psyche).
- Ectopsychic Echo - The cipher and an ally generate a bolt of psychic energy that periodically rebounds between them, causing Crush damage to anyone caught in the area (attacks Reflexes).
Pillars Of Eternity (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 30, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.